Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enrage, Enrage, Enrage

ArchangelLBC
07.11.2012 , 02:35 PM | #41
That's what cooldowns and adrenals are for =X

Anyway, like I said earlier, while it's getting stale at this point I don't MIND enrage timers, but only if they can't be directly affected due to bugs.

Which is why, as I said, the turrent enrage on the mindfield needs to be extended or eliminated altogether until they can resolve bug issues where the guy in the tower despawns almost as soon as he goes into the hologram phase, or he finds the droid but it just never spawns for some reason.

Wiping because you hit a droid enrage means that you failed a DPS check. Wiping because the game bugged and you were forced to take too long to get through the minefield because you couldn't actually summon the droid to begin DPSing him is a design flaw.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Elear
07.11.2012 , 07:07 PM | #42
I don't see what's the big deal.

There is boss, I hit him. He starts killing people around me, I keep on hitting him. He tries to kill me, so do I to him. He kills me, oh well, it happens. Next time I'll hit him harder.
If we can't get even close to killing boss, I guess we shouldn't be in this ops yet.

Karasuko
07.11.2012 , 10:11 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by xerofive View Post
If any raid I've ever been on hit the enrage timer when the mob was still at 10 or 20 percent, I'd agree with you; but that's rarely the case. If we ever wipe to an enrage timer, it's usually after we've gotten the boss down to at least 5% health and usually happens on range-friendly fights with a nearly all melee DPS raid group. Sometimes, this can be a difference of like 5 seconds, meaning we failed the raid entirely due to some arbitrary developer-created timer. If said developer had been feeling especially generous and extended the enrage timer by even as little as 10 seconds, we would have easily cleared the boss. That is stupid.
Every enrage timer is arbitrary then. Seriously, Just pop stims,adrenals,don't die,minimise downtime in combat,tighten rotations,tighten gear,get a better strat,get better players the list for improvement goes on.

We had our first HM T & Z attempts this weekend. We killed one boss and routinely got the other down to 5-10% and hit the enrage timer.

Our repsonse was simple. We need to tighten up what we are doing and we need to get better . This reset we will probably stroll into HM EC and blow them up in a few attempts.

Just admit that theres PEKAC happening, fix that and youre golden. Its not like these fights are patchwerk 1.0 here.

ChickenWangs
07.12.2012 , 01:45 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Retneprac View Post
Seriously Bioware? Ok, so this is going to sound like I'm whining, well, the truth in fact is, that I am whining. There are some operation bosses in this game that just should not have enrage timers, or maybe not a 200% damage increase, maybe a 50% damage increase, or 75%... Take HM Zorn and Toth for example; The mechanics of this fight alone are enough to make you want to rip your damn hair out. So last night 3 or 4 times we get these guys down to 8% (now i have beat them before, have the codex for HM, etc) and BAM, 200% damage increase, raid wipe... Come on guys, game mechanics are superb, people are almost guaranteed to die at least once in this fight if they screw up, but the sudden 200% damage buff followed shortly by a wipe....

This HAS to be one of the major reasons people are leaving this game. I know I'm fed up with it to the point that I just dont want to do it anymore. It's one thing to rely on 1 or 2 people to do their jobs flawleslly, it's another thing entirely to rely on 7 other people + their internet connection + the Denova lag (I think everybody here knows what i'm talking about on this last one). So seriously, is the 200% damage increase and uber short enrage timer REALLY needed? I've seen several groups wipe before they could even hit an enrage timer... I'd really like to see a developer response on this. Why can't you guys come up with something better than a friggin enrage for every dang fight in this game?

Sorry for the complaining, if you have nothing nice to say, go ahead and follow it up, but think about the logic here before you do so. I love mechanics, but the enrage on every single boss has to go.
People wanting content to be spoon fed to them! GASP! Bioware could not possibly make a challenging fight, that wouldn't be a raid.

In other news my guild has done HM EC 4 times and I know of people who have done it even more.

Fossman
07.12.2012 , 02:34 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by ChickenWangs View Post
People wanting content to be spoon fed to them! GASP! Bioware could not possibly make a challenging fight, that wouldn't be a raid.

In other news my guild has done HM EC 4 times and I know of people who have done it even more.
lol ive lost count of how many times our guild has done it now. My main is completely campaign geared and 2 of my alts are half camp/rakata gear. there are hundreds of guilds (possibly thousands?) out there that are clearing this on a weekly basis. The recent nerf to stacking armor pen debuffs hurt overall raid DPS but as long as you were beating enrage timers before they fixed that u should be fine. If not. Suck it up and learn to max your dps builds.

Anyone who honestly believes that enrage timers are too harsh a mechanic probably should not be running HM Operations in the first place.