Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

emperor palpatine and order 66

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
emperor palpatine and order 66

HaleLightmight
07.11.2012 , 10:10 PM | #1
has anyone though about this topic?like really REALLY THOUGH about it?
because there is one thing i would like to know,how does emperor palpatine trick the clones into order 66?
like do the clones know about ,and the order was emplanted in their mind during growth.and if they did,how did obi wan and all the other jedi not sense it?or was it like "(emperor palpatine speaking) now listen you pathic fools,the jedi are traders to the republic,and you will gain their trust, then when i give the command,you will kill them.all of them." or is there some thing else going on and i'm just really clueless and dumb enogh to figure it out
?

undeadsithdread
07.11.2012 , 11:47 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by HaleLightmight View Post
has anyone though about this topic?like really REALLY THOUGH about it?
because there is one thing i would like to know,how does emperor palpatine trick the clones into order 66?
like do the clones know about ,and the order was emplanted in their mind during growth.and if they did,how did obi wan and all the other jedi not sense it?or was it like "(emperor palpatine speaking) now listen you pathic fools,the jedi are traders to the republic,and you will gain their trust, then when i give the command,you will kill them.all of them." or is there some thing else going on and i'm just really clueless and dumb enogh to figure it out
?
you don't know the power of the dark side!
Sith assassin Forever!

LieutenantCole
07.12.2012 , 12:23 AM | #3
They were given a command by the highest authority in the Republic to wipe out the Jedi.

ROSPA
07.12.2012 , 01:04 AM | #4
have a read of this, had me wondering too http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_66

Mavryk
07.12.2012 , 01:17 AM | #5
There were "orders" for each possible problem that could arise. 65 I think it was, was the order given if the Supreme Chancellor betrayed the republic. So even though it was always his intention to use the command, he was smart to embed it in amongst all the other possible commands.

The question is, why didn't the Jedi use it first? Arrogant that they could take him alone?
Dark-Haven Legacy
Black Chevron Community
[ Mavryk Lv55 ]-[ Avalyn Lv53 ]-[ Zavysh Lv1 ]-[ Equinor Lv13]
[ Ravlyn Lv29 ]-[ Xavier Lv23 ]-[ Lyxia Lv51 ]-[ Zakura Lv13]

Tuscad
07.12.2012 , 01:24 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavryk View Post
The question is, why didn't the Jedi use it first? Arrogant that they could take him alone?
I don't think the Jedi knew about the orders.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

RobNightfall
07.12.2012 , 01:37 AM | #7
Order 66 was a "general order." All modern militaries have them. They exist to deal with specific situations that a soldier may encounter and frequently supersede all other types of orders. Sidious simply had 66 added to the list. The Jedi either didn't know about the order or thought they would never have to worry about it. All Sidious did was invoke an order that was set-up to become an overriding prerogative once it was invoked.
Edited because the devs appear to have fixed at least 80% of the crap that was pissing me off.

EnsignSorrow
07.12.2012 , 01:53 AM | #8
The Jedi could not sense it because the clones did not have any dark intentions. As far as they knew the Jedi were enemies of the Republic. Also, yeah there were a lot of code orders. This one got overlooked.

Not to mention the dark force cloud that Yoda talked about all the time. No one listens to Yoda.
"To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night, Padawan: but choose!"

Lodril
07.12.2012 , 02:30 AM | #9
I don't think the clones had to be 'tricked' at all. The Jedi are terrible leaders. Since they're usually the focus of the story, it's easy to identify with them, but if you take a step back, you can see why the clones wouldn't be thrilled with them anyway.

It's a modern military, yet the Jedi have them doing cavalry charges and running en masse at enemy emplacements. The Jedi go too... but the Jedi are nigh-invulnerable, able to sweet blaster fire aside and dodge with uncanny foresight. The clones they lead just get shot.

In AotC, Mace Windu gets a squad of specially trained commandos. What does he do with them? Do they sneak around, and catch the enemy where they're not looking? Nope; he leads these stealthy demolition experts on a madcap charge to the front lines.

The Jedi are endlessly confident and endlessly reckless. Yoda himself says as much. They answer not to the people of the Republic or any other authority, but instead to a mystical power beyond non-Jedi comprehension. Why should they get to throw people's lives away just because they can make rocks float in the air? Why should they be given command of armies when they have no experience or training in leading them?

Malrus
07.12.2012 , 04:14 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavryk View Post
There were "orders" for each possible problem that could arise. 65 I think it was, was the order given if the Supreme Chancellor betrayed the republic. So even though it was always his intention to use the command, he was smart to embed it in amongst all the other possible commands.

Well is order 65 G cannon or C cannon.