Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
bots hacks and cheats killing pvp
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Veeius
07.11.2012 , 07:12 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
Like players who think only cheaters can beat them.

pfft, I'm terrible, I know that, I only smash for 5k-ish, which I'm told is horribad, my reactions suck, &c. &c. &c.

I've no illusions that people can beat me w/o having to cheat.

But that doesn't mean I'm ok with seeing a bomb on the void door just disappear, even when I smashed directly on it moments before (ie, not possible to disarm it).

Alortik
07.11.2012 , 08:00 PM | #82
I'm interested to hear which servers this occurs on.
I am on Pacific Master Dar'Nala, and have never once seen a hacker. It may be because us Australian and New Zealand people have no time for hacking or I don't know, but I have never seen it (or if I have, didn't think anything of it).

I'm not going to deny the existence of hacking as it clearly has a bunch of people knickers in a twist, but I would love to see a recorded demo of it.

kirorx
07.11.2012 , 09:06 PM | #83
I have yet to see any hacks personally. Maybe something that i dont notice perhaps.

I have been accused of hacking once though, pretty funny since i dont know jack about computers.

I feel like 85% of accusations are just QQ players that lost.

Veeius
07.11.2012 , 09:12 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
I have yet to see any hacks personally. Maybe something that i dont notice perhaps.

I have been accused of hacking once though, pretty funny since i dont know jack about computers.

I feel like 85% of accusations are just QQ players that lost.

Ebon Hawk - doesn't happen offten, but I've seen void door bombs just disappear even with 4 or 5 guys aoe'ing the hell out of it.

Fallenturtle
07.11.2012 , 10:45 PM | #85
There is a guild on Canderous Ordo on the republic side that cheat constantly. Fishy stuff has been going on and the offenders have been reported constantly yet bioware does nothing about the people in this guild called "The Watchman"
The Drakenhoff Legacy.
<Assimilation>/<Working as intended>
<Jedi Covenant>
In Domus De Aurum Et Ossuim Resistance is futile.

Wookieenator
07.11.2012 , 11:10 PM | #86
I've never seen a pvp hacker, yet have been obviously called a hacker for many reasons because my new char i play is a mara. "Defense hack he only took 1 damage!!!" "His Ravage hit me for 8.6k on the last ticks, bs!!!!!" and the all too old, "Speed hacker, enjoy your ban!" I however have seen 2 hackers while leveling in my long sw:tor career. A speed hacker in tatooine across the leveling area, and a bot that would log in on a timer, pick up a chest, use a cheat engine teleport location to a next chest, and so on, and log off. Still even if it happened to me in pvp I would never make a thread about it lmao. Send a ticket, report the guy, and go on with your day. People act like it ruined there entire experience with the game, or that the vanguard who used hold the line throughout your huttball game was blatantly rubbing his hacks in your face. I genuinely dislike the QQ'ers more than the actual hackers.

vimm
07.11.2012 , 11:40 PM | #87
Bugs are not cheats and/or hacks; people often make that mistake, it seems!
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

LenrocNewDawn
07.12.2012 , 01:54 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Veeius View Post
pfft, I'm terrible, I know that, I only smash for 5k-ish, which I'm told is horribad, my reactions suck, &c. &c. &c.

I've no illusions that people can beat me w/o having to cheat.

But that doesn't mean I'm ok with seeing a bomb on the void door just disappear, even when I smashed directly on it moments before (ie, not possible to disarm it).
Hmm maybe he used resilience m8. Or another defensive cool-down that made your smash miss. It only takes 3 seconds to disarm the bomb.
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

zoofar
07.12.2012 , 04:26 AM | #89
The one and only odd thing I've seen in a WZ is...

While guarding west base in Ald WZ, my guarding buddy decides to go aid mid turret. So he runs towards mid wall, then proceeds to jump over it. Not in one big jump, in several smaller jumps from point to point. But he got over. I was at the time thinking more of 'wow I'm so gonna learn that'. Still not 100% it was a hack, but I guess so. 'Cause it's not doable by normal means right?

Other than that seen nothing. I'm abit suspicious about some stealth detects I'd admit. You're not supposed to be that easily detected and backstabbed by shadows when you have stealth+3 as an Op right? Then again I can't be sure it wasn't me looking away at the moment. I'll admit this is 99.5% likely to not be hacking going on

But other games had all kinds of hacks, so why wouldn't SWTOR be hackable too? Majority of reported 'hacks' likely have other explanations than the ones given by the poster though.
Peace

mulzii
07.12.2012 , 05:01 AM | #90
i just ran into something interesting in a WZ this morning. A specific shadow was able, on 4 different occasions, to use mind trap (shadows version of it) on me while in combat with him (and obviously not in stealth). Being a sin myself at the time, i know that skill cannot only be used in stealth and out of combat.

To add insult to injury, when he used mind trap on me when we were fighting, i was stunned the entire duration and he was able to continue damaging me and knocked me down from ~19k to ~3k before it wore off.

I do not have a shadow, so this may be functioning as designed. But i know the Assassin's mind trap can only be used in stealth on a target not in combat and it breaks on damage. It could be a L2P issue on my part, i am hoping someone here can educate me on the shadows version of mind trap if that is the case. Of course, it could be a bug, but the fact he did it to me 4 different times in the wz, means he was taking advantage of the bug, if it was indeed a bug.