Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flourish Shot - Use at all times or no?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Flourish Shot - Use at all times or no?

07.08.2012 , 10:57 AM | #1
Hey guys,

Level 50 sharpshooter Gunslinger here... This question mostly applies to a raiding setup.
I was reading up on rotation/priority and I wondered what you guys' thoughts are on Flourish Shot.

Some use it as an opener, some seem to use it on CD (or when the 45s ticker is up). For instance, the guide on Noxxic places it first on the priority list.

I rarely use it in a flashpoint/ops setup since the damage output is minimal and I rely on others for the debuff. Should I be using this skill more often?

Edit: sorry for wrongfully posting this in the 'smuggler' forum, rather than the gunslinger forum. Could've sworn I clicked Gunslinger

07.08.2012 , 11:50 AM | #2
If your ops has a gaurdian/gunnery commando and they're on the same boss as you, only use it as an opener (instant 20% armor debuff vs theirs they have to build up). Beyond that no (unless armor debuff falls off the boss). It no longer stacks and it does less damage than your basic shot.

07.08.2012 , 12:35 PM | #3
Thanks Pariah, I thought as much... Though I didn't know about the build up.

07.09.2012 , 11:20 AM | #4
I only use this if I have to move into position or run around and my other instant abilties are on CD. As was stated above it doesn't stack with any other armor debuffs and the only reason why I even bother in these situations is that are debuff is instantly 20% and is insurance in case somebody else's debuff falls off.

07.11.2012 , 09:12 AM | #5
I use it on elites when I'm soloing, other than that it doesn't see much use outside of Boss openers.

07.11.2012 , 04:44 PM | #6
Remember, it also nixes healing. Very useful in PvP.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.