Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are you ******** me!?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Luckmann
12.19.2011 , 04:28 AM | #1
This is just a mockery.

I've been trying to get help since the 15th. I've sent three mails to support, one which received a canned reply that had nothing to do with my issue. The rest have been ignored. I've sent messages on Twitter, I have opened my own thread on the issue, and I've posted in multiple other threads describing my issue.

I cannot enter my Product Registration Code.

What do I get? Do I get help? No!
I get a mail from SWTOR, telling me "Be sure to redeem your Product Registration Code‏", written in the most chipper tone possible!

"We hope you've been enjoying your time as one of the first to start playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Servers will go live soon. If you have your Product Registration Code, redeem it now to ensure uninterrupted access to your game. If you do not have your game yet, be sure to enter your Product Registration Code as soon as you receive it. The official game launches on December 20, 2011 at 12:01 AM EST."

This is a farce!
Bevier, Knight of the EmpireLord Calypso, EU RP-PvP
WTB Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard, Greaves, Boots & Handgear.

PHPer
12.19.2011 , 04:38 AM | #2
Ive recieve 7 mails from them so far.

I have mailed them a photo of my product key

I have tryed twitter, facebook you name it

And yet i sit here and have a feeling they stole my money. A error concerning peoples real live money should have top prio, but at Bioware its more importent to explain why people cant have same colour outfits.....

Laevena
12.19.2011 , 04:43 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Luckmann,

There is some confusion between the pre-order code and the product registration key, this might be the reason why you are experiencing this issue.

The pre-order code is the code you entered when you originally ordered the game, which has given, or will give, you early game access.

You will get your product registration key with the physical copy of the game at launch or origin will email you the key if you have purchased the Digital edition. Please be sure that the code you are entering is the product registration key.

This is the key you will need to enter to continue playing after December 20th.

If you are sure the code you are entering is the product registration key sent by Origin or the code present in your physical edition, we would advise you to sent an email to support@swtor.com.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused meanwhile.
Laevena | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Luckmann
12.19.2011 , 05:06 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by E8-P0 View Post
Greetings Luckmann,

There is some confusion between the pre-order code and the product registration key, this might be the reason why you are experiencing this issue.

The pre-order code is the code you entered when you originally ordered the game, which has given, or will give, you early game access.

You will get your product registration key with the physical copy of the game at launch or origin will email you the key if you have purchased the Digital edition. Please be sure that the code you are entering is the product registration key.

If you are sure the code you are entering is the product registration key sent by Origin or the code present in your physical edition, we would advise you to sent an email to support@swtor.com.

No! This is not the problem I've described anywhere. What I have sent support multiple times have not been my pre-order code, but my Product Registration Code for my CE. Anyone that read my mails would know this. Anyone that took a look at my account would know this. I had problems before the 15th with my pre-order code. That resolved itself and I got into early access, albeit late.

I'm trying to get a video up of the issue, because apparently "it just reloads when I press the button" is too incomprehensible for some.

You are advising me to contact Support, but support is being useless. I've sent multiple mails and it's been days! I don't have my CE stuff, and the game starts tomorrow. Once that runs out, I won't even be able to post on the forums anymore, because I don't have any game time registered, because the site won't let me register it!

Edit: Video up.

Urlag
12.19.2011 , 05:17 AM | #5
Greetings Luckmann,

DO NOT treat us as an idiots Bioware.

Many people here are complaining that they cant enter Product registration code. So Im talking here about PRODUCT REGISTRATION CODE, not pre-order code.

I pre-ordered game trough ORIGIN (will never make such mistake again) and got pre-order key, and on Dec 16th I got PRODUCT REGISTRATION CODE. That code which is PRODUCT REGISTRATION CODE I cant enter it. First time I tried SWTOR.com prompt me error message,try later, when I tried later it says the code is used already?!

I wrote many tickets 947892, 1129655 to name few. In all these mail-s I also provided you screen-shots with my order history from Origin as proof that I bought game (money is deducted from my credit card).

So in your terms of speaking I cant finish 3rd step under my account since your system cant accept my rightfully paid PRODUCT REGISTRATION CODE.

I demand you to fix this problem and drop out your childish explanation.

Oh another note Im already playing game so Im not talking here about pre-orde code but about PRODUCT REGISTRATION CODE.

Luckmann
12.19.2011 , 05:27 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Urlag View Post
PRODUCT REGISTRATION CODE
Word.

deekline
12.19.2011 , 05:36 AM | #7
I have the same issue... I got early game access as a result of my PRE ORDER... On december 16th i got an email with my PRODUCT KEY and i followed the link which led me to my PRODUCT REGISTRAION...

When i tried to redeem my code on step 2 (validation part) below my serial key which i entered clearly said By redeeming this code, you are now registered for the following:
STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Standard Edition

Then as ppl said above got an error msg and to try again later when i did i got the msg THE CODE IS ALREADY IN USE.

I have sent 3 emails so far an not a single answer for 3 days now, and i have also tried to contact customer support via phone and had no result there either since i w8ed for 30 min+ then i hanged up.

PLZ resolve this issue as soon as possible.
War... War never changes!

PHPer
12.19.2011 , 05:39 AM | #8
Greetings Luckmann,

Another clue and useless post.

I have my Physical Box in my hand, with the REAL GAME CODE in it, and i have this precise problem.

I have mailed Customer Support 7 TIMES, and mailed them a photo of the code and alot of other info they requested to finnaly recieve a response saying :

"To set up a subscription you need to redem a game code in the account system"

Are you kidding me ???

Support is a JOKE, and i no longer want a solution, i want a refund !

If you cant handle a simple transaction that concerns the very product key i spend alot of money for, i will not do business with you.

Luckmann
12.19.2011 , 05:41 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by deekline View Post
I have the same issue... I got early game access as a result of my PRE ORDER... On december 16th i got an email with my PRODUCT KEY and i followed the link which led me to my PRODUCT REGISTRAION...

When i tried to redeem my code on step 2 (validation part) below my serial key which i entered clearly said By redeeming this code, you are now registered for the following:
STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Standard Edition

Then as ppl said above got an error msg and to try again later when i did i got the msg THE CODE IS ALREADY IN USE.

I have sent 3 emails so far an not a single answer for 3 days now, and i have also tried to contact customer support via phone and had no result there either since i w8ed for 30 min+ then i hanged up.

PLZ resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Actually, that's not my issue, but yeah, whatever. I think we can all agree that Support is FUBAR.

Aradax
12.19.2011 , 05:41 AM | #10
Same thing. They canceled my preorder and now I don't have a product key. Sent 3 mail to origin support, swtor support... No response. And today: Redeem your Product Registration Code. WHAT THE ???

I really don't get it...
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (Crimson Shades)
Natasi Kora, Powertech 55/72, Armormech
Only Kora's pants and jackets are made by slaves on Quesh.