Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still no launcher

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MsTracy
07.11.2012 , 09:23 AM | #1
No reply yet to email with requested attachments sent 18 hours ago.

Launcher still will not open when clicked from desktop shortcut, just lingers in processes for several seconds or so and disappears.

When I reinstall SWTOR_setup.exe and leave the check mark in the box to play the game at the end of installation, it will open the launcher but can not type any login info into it and red across top states the launcher is updating please wait, sits like that for few minutes more or less then closes and disappears from processes. I have tried all the suggestions.

Cerimon
07.11.2012 , 09:33 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings MsTracy,

We ask for your patience until one of our agents responds to your support request email.

We also apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

rellgrrr
07.11.2012 , 04:04 PM | #3
Still not fixed?

danseager
07.11.2012 , 04:11 PM | #4
I'm in the same boat, Feel like I have been robbed of my money considering I've payed to be able to play this game.

unixbomber
07.11.2012 , 04:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings MsTracy,

We ask for your patience until one of our agents responds to your support request email.

We also apologize for any inconvenience caused.
SWTOR support reminds me of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w17mf60rcTU

shdwfx
07.11.2012 , 04:23 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by unixbomber View Post
SWTOR support reminds me of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w17mf60rcTU
This is full of double win

Nerfherd
07.11.2012 , 04:40 PM | #7
Not sure why they are thanking me, my patience ran out 15 hours ago. I put up with this several times during the beta, so that it wouldn't happen once they released. The launcher needs to be fixed. Saying that you need to run as admin all the time and put exceptions in your anti-virus is very sub-standard. Two biggest don'ts if you want to keep your system secure. Next they will be offering to fix it for me if I give them admin rights on my PC...
Fix the launcher, no self-respecting MMORPG has these issues. Pointing people to thier anti-virus vendors for your problem is a great way to make enemies in the industry.

MsTracy
07.11.2012 , 05:03 PM | #8
still no reply to the email sent with the requested attachments 27 hours ago.

Just tried to launch again after being gone most of the day, same thing happening as stated in original post.
I wonder how many more days will be robbed from my subscription?

JennyLimbo
07.11.2012 , 06:04 PM | #9
I experienced this the other day but I was able to solve the problem by deleting the "patch" folder in the game's root folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic) then running the Fixlauncher as administrator. If it gives you an error message when running the Fixlauncher, you can do the same by going to www.swtor.com/download on your browser. You may then try to pull up the launcher. Make sure you will pull it up as administrator.

This worked for me. Hope it will do the same for you. Goodluck!

MsTracy
07.11.2012 , 06:24 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyLimbo View Post
I experienced this the other day but I was able to solve the problem by deleting the "patch" folder in the game's root folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic) then running the Fixlauncher as administrator. If it gives you an error message when running the Fixlauncher, you can do the same by going to www.swtor.com/download on your browser. You may then try to pull up the launcher. Make sure you will pull it up as administrator.

This worked for me. Hope it will do the same for you. Goodluck!
Thanks. Did not work for me though.