Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher wont open

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ejvr
07.11.2012 , 01:14 AM | #1
The launcher wont open. In taskbar theres a process running called launcher.exe. But nothing happens.
I tried almost everything that i read in the different forums but i wont mess with my directories, network etcetera, because BW made some programming mistake. So what can i do without messing up my pc?

Kindajenin
07.11.2012 , 01:15 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings ejvr,

When you try to run the Launcher(and it appears in the Task Manager but not on screen) please go to this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Here, you should find a folder called 'Patch', please delete this.

Please also ensure that your Java is up to date.

Once this is complete, please run FixLauncher.exe(also in the above location), then please try to start the Launcher again.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

ejvr
07.11.2012 , 01:27 AM | #3
Ok, thnx for the reply. The launcher now opens but the "login server is currently unavalaible".

Kindajenin
07.11.2012 , 01:33 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings ejvr,

Can you please see the following sticky, it is a direct workaround for you problem.

Please come back to me and let me know if it helps.

cptjohnstark
07.11.2012 , 01:45 AM | #5
I have the same problem. I have tried the Fixlauncher but nothing happens. Also I have updated my windows 7 still same problem. Any suggestions?

/Tony
"All for one and one for all!"

ejvr
07.11.2012 , 01:46 AM | #6
I followd all the steps but it still doesnt work. So here is my launcher log.

Spoiler

This post has been edited to include spoiler tags. – CS Forum Team

ejvr
07.11.2012 , 01:48 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by cptjohnstark View Post
I have the same problem. I have tried the Fixlauncher but nothing happens. Also I have updated my windows 7 still same problem. Any suggestions?

/Tony
No sorry, i dont have a clue whats wrong. It must be something BW has changed because i could play this morning , logged out and half an hour later i couldnt log in anymore. Good luck finding your answers though.

Kindajenin
07.11.2012 , 01:52 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings ejvr,

I can see from your launcher log that the same error keeps appearing and you are unable to reach our servers, can you please do the following to see if it helps with you problem.

Spoiler

Thank you for your patience.

ejvr
07.11.2012 , 02:12 AM | #9
My firewall and antivirus program do not block swtor.exe or launcher.exe and it still doesnt work.

Kindajenin
07.11.2012 , 02:15 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by ejvr View Post
My firewall and antivirus program do not block swtor.exe or launcher.exe and it still doesnt work.
Greetings ejvr,

I am very sorry that I was unable to help you on the public forums, and I will ask you send a ticket into our Technical Support staff to investigate further.

I once again am very sorry that I was unable to help you on the forums.