Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
bots hacks and cheats killing pvp
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kalfear
07.10.2012 , 02:33 PM | #61
I must say I have been pleasently pleased with EAs reactions to my reports on hacking
I do wish it was fixed and I will not say the game improving with out those fixes, but as a MMORPG vetran of 21 years, Im satisfied with the ingame responce by EA.

I dont expect them to remove players I report instantly, I do expect them to investigate and find the truth of my report!

In time I hope they create a user base of reliable reporters and those that report because they lost (sadly they do exist).

But for anyone to say they havent seen these hacks, honestly those woiuld be key accounts Id start "watching" in game as the hacks are pretty obvious and you gotta be in complete denial (or have something to hide) if you claiming they not there.

Some things Ive seen in last 4 weeks

1) Watched a single assassin (with no heal support healing them) take out 3 reps (I was stuck ccd and waiting on it to wear out so got to watch entire meeting while targetting the assassin) players 1-3 with out taking a single point of damage (good player could win sure but no damage at all? come on) and then when 3rd player dropped I watched the assassin ZOOM across the lenth of board in under a second (just a line of blur) from the side of the rep pit to the end zone of the imp side.

That player was reported by me

2) Other night I watched a entire pre made team (of varying classes) be able to constantly travel to and from snow to grass and back to snow in under 5 secs. The entire pre made could be veiwed by a stealther sitting at snow, we hit grass and 5 seconds later 6 opponents showed up at grass. This went on over and over till finally we all just sat in middle as it didnt pass the smell test to any of us.

That one was not reported by me as I didnt have hard visual proff (for my own sake) but lets be hoinest, we all know what was happening there.

3) Other day I watched a single Shadow cc 5 of us in under 2 secs. Just ran to Snow and single targetted us 1 by one and ccd us. Having a shadow myself and a level 49 smuggler I have a good understanding of how CC from stealth works and know you can not single target cc 5 players (or mobs) in a matter of seconds.

And lets be clear, we were spread out so this was NOT a aoe cc (not sure if Shadows have a aoe cc at higher levels or not but ive never heard of it anyways). this was bang bang bang bang bang ... entire defenders ccd by 1 shadow as he waited for his fellow players to arrive as the stuns wore off.

This player was reported by me as I know for a fact thats not reasonable or honest.

4) (this is outside of PVP) Yesterday was on my 110% speed bke and passed a trooper van in combat with a turret and 2 droids.
I spotted a turret coming alive at far end of turret map as I drove past the trooper van and continued on straight for it!
Suddenly ON FOOT the trooper van runs past my speeder and engages the new turret a good 2 secs before my 110% speed bike arrives!

ON FOOT, from active combat.

That player was reported by me with a FULL description of happening.

All in all Ive done about 5-6 reports 1 pve and 4-5 pvp.
I need to be able to say I saw something thats just impossible by the standard rule set for me to report

But its very much for real in pvp and sadly seems to be appearing in pve as well.

There is a hacking problem in PVP and its spreading to PVE.

But again Ill say (and anyone thats read any of my posts knows I dont give EA breaks or credit undeserved)

Im satisfied with their responces to my reports.

In a months time if I see those players still cheating, well my opinion will change drastically on that statement as a month is long enough to investigate imo.

But for now Im satisfied in this department and can honestly say Ive not seen any of these players again (other then the guy from yesterday but I didnt expect him to be instant banned). That might just be lucky on my part or maybe action already been taken!

One thing id like to see change though!

I know EA says obviously they cant update you on responce to report and I find that perfectly acceptable!

But I would like to see a list of names banned for cheating as other games have done regarding these players.

Public shame is a powerful tool and I trust no one getting the ban or suspension with out EA first doing sue diligence on the issue.

Sorry for long post
Housing brought me back
now add Paazaak, KotOR#1 swoop bike racing, and more flashpoints and planets

Pistols
07.10.2012 , 02:44 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalfear View Post
I must say I have been pleasently pleased with EAs reactions to my reports on hacking
I do wish it was fixed and I will not say the game improving with out those fixes, but as a MMORPG vetran of 21 years, Im satisfied with the ingame responce by EA.

I dont expect them to remove players I report instantly, I do expect them to investigate and find the truth of my report!

In time I hope they create a user base of reliable reporters and those that report because they lost (sadly they do exist).

But for anyone to say they havent seen these hacks, honestly those woiuld be key accounts Id start "watching" in game as the hacks are pretty obvious and you gotta be in complete denial (or have something to hide) if you claiming they not there.

1) Watched a single assassin (with no heal support healing them) take out 3 reps (I was stuck ccd and waiting on it to wear out so got to watch entire meeting while targetting the assassin) players 1-3 with out taking a single point of damage (good player could win sure but no damage at all? come on) and then when 3rd player dropped I watched the assassin ZOOM across the lenth of board in under a second (just a line of blur) from the side of the rep pit to the end zone of the imp side.

2) Other night I watched a entire pre made team (of varying classes) be able to constantly travel to and from snow to grass and back to snow in under 5 secs. The entire pre made could be veiwed by a stealther sitting at snow, we hit grass and 5 seconds later 6 opponents showed up at grass. This went on over and over till finally we all just sat in middle as it didnt pass the smell test to any of us.

That one was not reported by me as I didnt have hard visual proff (for my own sake) but lets be hoinest, we all know what was happening there.

3) Other day I watched a single Shadow cc 5 of us in under 2 secs. Just ran to Snow and single targetted us 1 by one and ccd us. Having a shadow myself and a level 49 smuggler I have a good understanding of how CC from stealth works and know you can not single target cc 5 players (or mobs) in a matter of seconds.

And lets be clear, we were spread out so this was NOT a aoe cc (not sure if Shadows have a aoe cc at higher levels or not but ive never heard of it anyways). this was bang bang bang bang bang ... entire defenders ccd by 1 shadow as he waited for his fellow players to arrive as the stuns wore off.

This player was reported by me as I know for a fact thats not reasonable or honest.

4) (this is outside of PVP) Yesterday was on my 110% speed bke and passed a trooper van in combat with a turret and 2 droids.
I spotted a turret coming alive at far end of turret map as I drove past the trooper van and continued on straight for it!
Suddenly ON FOOT the trooper van runs past my speeder and engages the new turret a good 2 secs before my 110% speed bike arrives!

I need to be able to say I saw something thats just impossible by the standard rule set for me to report

But its very much for real in pvp and sadly seems to be appearing in pve as well.

But again Ill say (and anyone thats read any of my posts knows I dont give EA breaks or credit undeserved)

In a months time if I see those players still cheating, well my opinion will change drastically on that statement as a month is long enough to investigate imo.

But for now Im satisfied in this department and can honestly say Ive not seen any of these players again (other then the guy from yesterday but I didnt expect him to be instant banned). That might just be lucky on my part or maybe action already been taken!

I know EA says obviously they cant update you on responce to report and I find that perfectly acceptable!

But I would like to see a list of names banned for cheating as other games have done regarding these players.

Public shame is a powerful tool and I trust no one getting the ban or suspension with out EA first doing sue diligence on the issue.

Sorry for long post
I don't believe any of what you said in regards to these supposed hacks.

Matter of fact, this is probably the most laughable post I've ever read on these boards lol.

lexiekaboom
07.10.2012 , 03:04 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalfear View Post

Sorry for long post
Last night I was playing huttball and I saw a shadow kill 25 people one after another while warping around the map. He then used his 25 person kill streak to call in a nuke and that ended the match with my team losing.

I reported him

Daiyukie
07.10.2012 , 03:06 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
I don't believe any of what you said in regards to these supposed hacks.

Matter of fact, this is probably the most laughable post I've ever read on these boards lol.
Man, you need to read this forum more if that's the most laughable. Try the Original Post of this thread, for starters.

Then again, your delivery is a little inconsistent, so if that was an odd sarcastic joke.. I don't see the humor.
"Everyone not as good as me is a Noob. Everyone better than me is a No Lifer" - The Code of the Bads
Quote: Originally Posted by gwrtheyn
atm Concealment Operative are like a dog humping on your leg,anoying,but not lethal
Quote: Originally Posted by jaxxxster
Solution : Nerf Operatives. Again.

Pistols
07.10.2012 , 03:11 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Daiyukie View Post
Man, you need to read this forum more if that's the most laughable. Try the Original Post of this thread, for starters.

Then again, your delivery is a little inconsistent, so if that was an odd sarcastic joke.. I don't see the humor.
That post had nothing on the OP's lol.

I'll work on my delivery, work is getting in the way of my skillz atm.

Pistols
07.10.2012 , 03:15 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by lexiekaboom View Post
Last night I was playing huttball and I saw a shadow kill 25 people one after another while warping around the map. He then used his 25 person kill streak to call in a nuke and that ended the match with my team losing.

I reported him
He came out of the shadows behind me and after he hit me many many times in the head, with a hammer, I had to give him my gun, you know, I've got kids.

Knockerz
07.10.2012 , 03:19 PM | #67
Botting will always exist in mmorpg until some one somewhere creates the first artificial intelligent program that can do what a human administrator can do. Thus, the programs can supervise all the servers 24/7, assuming the equipment and software is cost prohibitive to all except for corporation or the military. Until that that day, we can only report them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

Deaconzz
07.10.2012 , 04:52 PM | #68
To all those who claim "There are no more hacks in the game". Please explain to me (tankasin half BM half WH all aug's)how I can try to peel another assassin off my healer, literally give him about 9-10 maul's and shock's, and do 60-80 per hit. Now before all you "pro gamers" tell me to learn to play, I was 100% not taunted ,he was not guarded, and as he was alone vs us 2, he had no outside heals. He didnt get the node but I found it very interesting that vs a class I duel alot (my GF also plays a sin) an she's full WH. I can hit her for AT LEAST 1k. Yet this fellow was untouchable.

I await the "wisdom" to follow.

Blaac
07.10.2012 , 05:21 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Are you referring to the time it takes to report during a Warzone (presumably while in the spawn area)? If there is another issue causing your removal while reporting, please let us know.

We definitely want people reporting players they suspect are using any kind of cheat. Security is extremely important to us, and while we (obviously) can't go into details about our methods, shutting down any cheaters or hackers (and their methods) is something we take very seriously.
My assumption is that there simply isnt enough time AFTER a match (while the scoreboard is up and you can see the names of the players and all the special characters in it) in order to make a regular ticket. There is also not an easier/quicker way just for pvp matches (since they are on a timer).

I have seen players teleport under ground and into walls multiple times in a match to hold a ball so no one could score and they would win. Couldnt report them cuz I couldnt get all the special characters and ticket created fast enough, and after I was kicked from the WZ I didn't have them all written down to recreate it...

By that same token I have had people shout at me and call me a cheater in matches because as an operative I am constantly moving to stay out of my opponents visual attack range, so some people assume I am hacking because they cant attack me when it happens.

Sometimes what you assume is a hack isnt, but its always better to be safe than sorry and have a decent system in place so these claims can be investigated when they arise.
~KNOWLEDGE IS POWER AND TRUE SITH DO NOT SHARE POWER~

Wainamoinen
07.10.2012 , 06:03 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Tkara View Post
Just this morning in huttball a player cloaked with the ball and did not drop it.

The hackers/cheaters are ruining pvp.
Actually, this happened to me.

I was chasing the ball carrier, nearly had him down but was getting smashed myself by his friends. I popped a parting Vital Shot off for a dot and then Disappearing Act to go into stealth and get out of there.

I think what happened next was that my dot killed the ball carrier almost exactly - probably just after - I stealthed out and as I dropped off the walkway where all the AOE was. Because suddenly the ball came to me and I was still in stealth.

Which was a cool little bug for me, as I scarpered towards the enemy endzone with ball and in stealth.

Wasn't a hack by me, but a bug. Maybe you saw the same thing happen.
Somewhere in the darkness, the Scrapper he broke even
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)