Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorry, you cannot refer this email address.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Sorry, you cannot refer this email address.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tirvaak
07.10.2012 , 02:28 PM | #21 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by thesmileguy View Post
I'm having the same issue after having my friend perform all the steps on their Origin account. What would be the best way to stay informed about this? Should I submit a separate ticket? Subscribe to this thread?
Hi thesmilerguy,

If you wish you can subscribe to this thread. I will update it once we have more details on this problem.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Darth_Precursor
07.10.2012 , 06:42 PM | #22
I tried the EA account stuff for my friend and tried to re-send the invite but still wont work.
Dynaster- Operative Medic
Chillum- Deception Assassin

<GOML>
The Bastion

Kaalkingdom
07.10.2012 , 09:49 PM | #23
This happened to me on two different email addresses.
Kaeli - OTG - Empire Chapter Leader
"Laid back, not so serious, no drama. All about the fun!"
www.oldtimersguild.com
Carla, host of Corellian Run Radio

Sickith
07.10.2012 , 09:53 PM | #24
I think the issue relates to "free email services" such as hotmail, ymail, gmail etc... because when i tried none of those worked and was never signed up to any EA accounts. I then tried my university email address and it worked.
Sickíth - Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer - Healer) Sicknéss - Jedi Consular (Sage - Healer)

"You've never fought anyone like me. I was Jedi, I am Sith!"

Yrdach
07.10.2012 , 09:55 PM | #25
Give it a shot again, been fighting this all day and came back to it a bit ago and it now it works fine. Either that or I manage to fat finger a fix, which sadly I could not share with folks.
Yrdach the Laughing Shadow, self proclaimed lord of levity

Kaalkingdom
07.10.2012 , 10:07 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Sickith View Post
I think the issue relates to "free email services" such as hotmail, ymail, gmail etc... because when i tried none of those worked and was never signed up to any EA accounts. I then tried my university email address and it worked.
That isn't true in the case of one of the emails I was trying to refer.
Kaeli - OTG - Empire Chapter Leader
"Laid back, not so serious, no drama. All about the fun!"
www.oldtimersguild.com
Carla, host of Corellian Run Radio

Yrdach
07.10.2012 , 10:08 PM | #27
Give it a shot again, been fighting this all day and came back to it a bit ago and it now it works fine. Either that or I manage to fat finger a fix, which sadly I could not share with folks.
Yrdach the Laughing Shadow, self proclaimed lord of levity

Silent_walker
07.10.2012 , 10:55 PM | #28
Yeah I can't seem to do it either. Hotmail email.

Kupo
07.10.2012 , 11:46 PM | #29
Same here. Tried to send an invite to a Hotmail address but it wouldn't allow it. I think he has an EA account on that email address but I'm not sure.

JerakoE
07.11.2012 , 12:22 AM | #30
I've been experiencing the same issue everyone else has. although I was able to refer one friend first and after that I've tried 3 other times to invite other friends and every time it says the same thing.
"You cannot refer this email" in a red box at the top
I think it's weird I was gonna invite my 2 friends at the same time and the first one with through without a problem and he's now bought the game. my other friend can't even play yet I tried referring them about 5 minutes apart and it stopped working.