Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Too many IA loot

giovaneche
07.09.2012 , 12:48 PM | #1
Me and my guild usually run KP and EV HM every week. I've noticed that are too many IA loot. I took 4 weeks to be full rakata with my Jugg and the two IA in our group only took 2 weeks. Sometimes, only one run of both HM is enough to get geared any IA. Does anyone agree with me?

CleverClothe
07.09.2012 , 01:14 PM | #2
No.

Atock
Imperial Agent

DarthBandeth
07.09.2012 , 01:18 PM | #3
funny you mention it, in the last HM KP/EV run the guild i'm in had agent gear dropped from nearly every boss. he had no columi/rakata gear and he now has a full rakata set and gun in merely one EV/KP run.
"No amount of action or explosions is as interesting as a good story." ~ Christian bale

Stole this CE key off of a dead fan.

Nyvan
07.09.2012 , 01:25 PM | #4
Honestly, no. I've run with a sniper in several Operations and maybe he only got boots. I think it took my husband, who is a sith assasin, about three weeks of doing several Operations a week to get full Rakata. I beleive it took our sniper friend a little longer. But I sympathize. I've been on several Ops in which nothing but heavy armour dropped - all Bounty Hunter and Jugg stuff

Nyvan
07.09.2012 , 01:27 PM | #5
Huh, maybe now is just the time for the IA then. Better get my sniper up to level 50 before they change it

Kaonis
07.09.2012 , 11:32 PM | #6
Ya I've noticed this too/ When we have no smuggler/IA, loot seems fine and maybe slightly skewed towards one class or another, but never consistently. The second I run content with a diverse group that has a smuggler/IA, the drops skew far too much in their favor. Ran HM EV/KP last night with an IA, and we got at least 7 drops for them. Ran HM EV tonight on my republic character with a smuggler, half the loot was just theirs. Even in LI today it was constant smuggler gear, even for the greens it was all smuggler gear.

Now I know people will claim "but it's random!!" But it's clearly not when a distinct pattern emerges. I've seen nights where we get a good chunk of loot for a single class every once in a while, a lot of nights where it's decently dispersed, but give us a smuggler/IA and I've seen far too many nights of 60-70% drops for that single class than I have seen happen for other classes.

SalBasss
07.10.2012 , 12:48 PM | #7
Our Republic guild has seen this for months and has been an ongoing joke whenever we are in an instance.

The other night in HM EV, the first 3 boss encounters dropped Rakata smuggler gear, with one of the 3 bosses - I forget which - dropping two pieces of it. We had 1 smuggler out of our group of 8.

We didn't finish the other two encounters due to time constraints.

Last night in a HM FP (either Taral V or False Emperor, forget which), we had 3 troopers and 1 smuggler, and every drop except for one was smuggler. There are countless other examples, these are just the ones that have happened this week.

I am a big numbers guy, and understand how a RNG can appear to be "not so random" if you look at a small sample size. It is a lot different when you look at trends like this over a period of 6 months and many, many ops/flashpoint runs though.