Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Give every class its own unique primary stat

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Give every class its own unique primary stat

DeathStarPlumber
12.18.2011 , 07:09 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by pulsenz View Post
Should remove the ability to hit "need" on items that do not contain your primary stat.

Companion items should always be greed.
This would solve alot of problems and help out those who may be new to MMO's and do no not understand how the system works.
Do you think the average storm trooper knows how to install a toilet main? All they know is killing and white uniforms.

paspinall
12.18.2011 , 07:13 PM | #12
as when you think about it 'solo' content requires you to have an equipped companion if you are going to do it by yourself so they see the companion they use as an extention for 'need'

paspinall
12.18.2011 , 07:26 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by pulsenz View Post
Should remove the ability to hit "need" on items that do not contain your primary stat.

Companion items should always be greed.

So that person who generally solos and desperatly needs new gear for their companion who for all solo purposes is a part of your character... is the same as someone who wants a few credits !?!?!

snooggums
12.18.2011 , 08:13 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DeathStarPlumber View Post
This would solve alot of problems and help out those who may be new to MMO's and do no not understand how the system works.
The system works by allowing them to need. You mean they are new to MMO's and don't know how long time players won't let go of their outdated expectations for weekly raid style loot divisions in random groups?

Yeah, they won't know that because it doesn't make any sense in a game where companions are such a large part of 99% of the game.

Thaonnor
12.18.2011 , 08:56 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
Companions make excellent replacements for bad group members who ninja.

That said, in PUGs, if I run them, I have a policy of "everyone press need" that way no one has a chance at ninjalooting.
Right but that is all the more reason to ninja the gear for your companion... :P

I feel like need if you need, and your companion is an extension of yourself. Does it suck that you are getting it for your companion for the player who isn't getting it? Yup. Would I do it to a friend? No. Would I do it to a regular group, probably. My companion's gear and performance directly effects my performance and in a way, it is needing a piece of gear for myself, not just for some random NPC or "alt".

SunwindIon
12.18.2011 , 09:39 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
Companions make excellent replacements for bad group members who ninja.

That said, in PUGs, if I run them, I have a policy of "everyone press need" that way no one has a chance at ninjalooting.
and if someone actually needs the item and nobody else does, and he doesn't get it, you **** him out of a nice upgrade?

nice job. i'd LOVE to be a part of your groups :eyeroll:

Inarai
12.18.2011 , 11:28 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by rdc_thirty View Post
Sorry but is that considered ok now?
For some. Personally, I wish there were a "Need for Companion" option. Gearing them up is a legitimate need not that far behind self-need. Greed isn't sufficient. Need is certainly closer the accurate, but it's not perfect.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashes_Arizona View Post
Pardon me I need to call my broker and diversify into aluminum processing. Tinfoil hats are getting pretty popular.

Areoss
12.19.2011 , 04:14 AM | #18
I have a looting system...

Primary spec.

Companion

Off Spec (for those who respec)

Unless someone requests a certain item at the beginning of the run and everyone agrees. This is the method I use.
[▀!▀(Θ)▀!▀]Ξ▀!!▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)
True PvP Skills