Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
bots hacks and cheats killing pvp
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lexiekaboom
07.10.2012 , 12:08 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Dnepr View Post
I had never seen anything that I thought was guaranteed cheating until yesterday. We were playing a Voidstar match and the opposing team was able to plant the bomb on the second set of doors before either of the bridges had dropped.
You still haven't seen a hack. That is doable with rescue, guardian leap or force leap.

Mournblood
07.10.2012 , 12:16 PM | #42
What about shooting through the force fields in Voidstar, as I brought up in my earlier post? I haven't seen anyone respond to that yet, but I'd love to hear how that's not a hack.

StDogbert
07.10.2012 , 12:20 PM | #43
The only thing I have seen as far as hacks (not even sure it was a hack) was the other night a player was literally in the place where the huttball spawns, took some screenshots of it just in case its a hack. If it was they were pretty bad at it since they lost 5-1.

lexiekaboom
07.10.2012 , 12:22 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by SinnedWill View Post
I've seen this happen once before - I think it's a bug (not sure if it's easy to replicate since the manner in which the situation occured had to be perfect timing and part the cause -at least this is what I THINK may have caused it- was a result of an enemy player's action). I've only seen it occur once, and the stealthy that carried it said that he wasn't stealthed on his screen when he ran it in - i.e. he didn't even know he had done it.
There are a few ways to do this, almost all of them boiling down to stealthing while in another animation and without breaking combat (the last part is key). The easiest way (and the only way I'm sure works) is to have someone use smuggle while a projectile you fired is on it's way to a target but hasn't hit yet. That works about 4/10 times and can give you a good 3 to 5 seconds of invisible ball carrying, more then enough time to pass of sprint away. Not sure on why it works, but it likely has something to do with how the client checking to see if the ball is dropped or not isn't the same as the check to see if stealth breaks.

There are posts on other websites about being able to do this in a repeatable way with the sent's invincibility as well, as it also doesn't drop you from combat, but I can't confirm that as I don't have a sent.

To be honest though, I bet 9/10 times people think this is happening it's just lag.

Valor 73, 61, 60, and 57 on 4 toons, not even counting my low levels who are all in the 40s, and I've never seen a hack or any unexpected player behavior I couldn't quickly identify as a known exploit with a quick Google search.

LancelotOC
07.10.2012 , 12:25 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
What about shooting through the force fields in Voidstar, as I brought up in my earlier post? I haven't seen anyone respond to that yet, but I'd love to hear how that's not a hack.
If you are the defender and have a ranged AE ability you can cast it across if you stand in the center and reach some people but the bridge cap device . It's a dangerous endeavor though since if you stand out there enemies can jump across to you.

Maybe if you stand on that balcony above, or better yet the railing of that balcony, you can also target over the force field. Have to test it as it would seem over 30 range away. Though maybe Disturbance with its 35 range could make it.

I mentioned AE ranged because they have 8 radius so 30 range and then 8 radius means you hit people 38 away. At least I think it's 8 radius.. maybe it's less.

Sitherall
07.10.2012 , 12:27 PM | #46
Even understanding player abilities and different class abilities there are still fishy things that go on;

Case and point, 2nd to last doors in VS blow, I get sentinel sprint plus use my sage force speed. I don't get slowed up or touched on my way to defend the next section prior to the last doors. When I reach the far terminal for the force field, I see an operative 75% done planting a bomb on the door. Luckily I throw a FIB and stop him, but I still see no possible way he could have outrun me and capped the force-field terminal, dropped and be 75% done planting a bomb before I arrive at the final terminal location. I could live with him starting to cap the final terminal for the force field when I arrive, but not having already capped, dropped and almost planted on the next door.

Do I think cheating goes on as much as people think? No - but I do believe it happens.

Mournblood
07.10.2012 , 12:28 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by LancelotOC View Post
If you are the defender and have a ranged AE ability you can cast it across if you stand in the center and reach some people but the bridge cap device . It's a dangerous endeavor though since if you stand out there enemies can jump across to you.
No, wrong area.

I'm talking about the pinkish force field controls PASSED the 2nd doors (the 2nd doors are after the bridge controls, the bridge controls are after the 1st doors). Until those force fields are down, no one is supposed to be able to shoot or move through them.

SinnedWill
07.10.2012 , 12:31 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
I believe there is a certain corner that can let certain attacks (and AoE's) go through - that's an exploit of a known bug and many people have already submitted it in bug reports.
Mains: TheSinner - Madness Sorc; Scornful - Carnage Marauder
Minis: Scorned - Deception Assassin; Sinbane - Pyro Powertech; Sinborn - Marksman Sniper
Guild: Physics
Server: The Shadowlands by way of Dreshdae Cantina.

Zaodon
07.10.2012 , 12:33 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Sitherall View Post
Even understanding player abilities and different class abilities there are still fishy things that go on;

Case and point, 2nd to last doors in VS blow, I get sentinel sprint plus use my sage force speed. I don't get slowed up or touched on my way to defend the next section prior to the last doors. When I reach the far terminal for the force field, I see an operative 75% done planting a bomb on the door. Luckily I throw a FIB and stop him, but I still see no possible way he could have outrun me and capped the force-field terminal, dropped and be 75% done planting a bomb before I arrive at the final terminal location. I could live with him starting to cap the final terminal for the force field when I arrive, but not having already capped, dropped and almost planted on the next door.
That is just you being a noob.

Since he is the attacker, as soon as the previous doors dropped, he was killed. Since the doors are now down, he spawns AHEAD OF YOU in the final room, jumped down, and started planting. Some players even seek death as soon as they see their team has planted a bomb, and then just hold off on pressing the "Release" button until the door drops for a free teleport ahead of you.

Oops, I just gave away my secret strategy.

Mournblood
07.10.2012 , 12:35 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by SinnedWill View Post
I believe there is a certain corner that can let certain attacks (and AoE's) go through - that's an exploit of a known bug and many people have already submitted it in bug reports.
Ok, that's the confirmation I was looking for. What that means is that it is in fact exploiting and is therefore an actionable offense.