Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorry, you cannot refer this email address.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Sorry, you cannot refer this email address.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

evil_mike
07.10.2012 , 10:05 AM | #11
Just ran into the same issue. It's an @comcast.net address, and I know the user does have it linked to an Origin account. PM me if you need further info, as I'd love to get some friends involved in this game!

LightSaberCat
07.10.2012 , 10:19 AM | #12
I'm having the same problem sending to an @yahoo.com account. My friend has never had a SWTOR account before.

CyberneticKH
07.10.2012 , 10:26 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks for the information. Is it stopping you from adding any email address or just specific addresses?

Thanks.
As the others said, I'm also getting the same error message. These are people who had never played the game before.

Naugor
07.10.2012 , 10:45 AM | #14 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

Please have a look at the following steps from our new Top 10 Issues and Solutions sticky.

Friends referral issues

If you are trying to send an invitation to your friend and receive an error message even if you have not used all the invitations, please ask the friend you are trying to invite to follow the steps below:
  • Click on the Username in the upper right corner on the screen
  • Now select “Contact Preferences”
  • Tick the box “Contact me about EA´s products, news, events and promotions”
Once your friend has followed these steps please try to send an invitation again.

Should this not resolve your issue, please get back to us.

If there is anything else we may be of assistance with, please let us know.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Eunys
07.10.2012 , 10:56 AM | #15
As stated above before these steps did not fix the issue.

Quarf
07.10.2012 , 11:02 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Hello everyone,

Please have a look at the following steps from our new Top 10 Issues and Solutions sticky.

Friends referral issues

If you are trying to send an invitation to your friend and receive an error message even if you have not used all the invitations, please ask the friend you are trying to invite to follow the steps below:
  • Click on the Username in the upper right corner on the screen
  • Now select “Contact Preferences”
  • Tick the box “Contact me about EA´s products, news, events and promotions”
Once your friend has followed these steps please try to send an invitation again.

Should this not resolve your issue, please get back to us.

If there is anything else we may be of assistance with, please let us know.

Thank you for your cooperation.

And if they dont have Origin / EA account on that email and we still get the error: "Sorry, you cannot refer this email address."

Is it of any importance that I never could send an invite befor either? The 7 day trial and no reward for me thing.
I dont have any error code from that time other then I was not allowed to.

Eunys
07.10.2012 , 11:26 AM | #17
I have a feeling they don't know what has happen based on our last generic reply we received. With luck it will get looked into with more detail thought the day.

Tirvaak
07.10.2012 , 11:32 AM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi guys,

Thank you all for the information you have provided. We have escalated this issue and are looking into how to resolve the problem. I do not have an update at this time but as soon as we have more information, I will let you know.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Eunys
07.10.2012 , 12:33 PM | #19
Thanks much for looking into this.

thesmileguy
07.10.2012 , 01:57 PM | #20
I'm having the same issue after having my friend perform all the steps on their Origin account. What would be the best way to stay informed about this? Should I submit a separate ticket? Subscribe to this thread?