Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More Obvious PvP imbalance than Biochem's Adrenals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
More Obvious PvP imbalance than Biochem's Adrenals

KhalDrogoe
07.10.2012 , 10:17 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MobiusZero View Post
Legacy buffs have no place in PvP, period.

Not only is it unfair to people who purely PvP and don't grind out new characters, but its also unfair to classes who are no longer needed in a WZ for their unique buff.
Which brings up another valid point! People can effectively stack one class and not be at a disadvantage buff wise if they had someone grind out the legacy. In my opinion if they're not bringing one of those classes, they should have to HAVE that disadvantage in RWZ's.

Daiyukie
07.10.2012 , 10:19 AM | #12
I would love to have them purchaseable. But hey, they want you to reroll and waste more time =p
"Everyone not as good as me is a Noob. Everyone better than me is a No Lifer" - The Code of the Bads
Quote: Originally Posted by gwrtheyn
atm Concealment Operative are like a dog humping on your leg,anoying,but not lethal
Quote: Originally Posted by jaxxxster
Solution : Nerf Operatives. Again.

Antidentite
07.10.2012 , 11:16 AM | #13
anything related to legacy has NO business in pvp. Period. The End.

*** BW...
░░░░░░░░░░ RUIN ░░░░░░░░░░
PvP / Raid Focused / 18+
www.RuinNation.com | slash + facepalm

Gidoru
07.10.2012 , 11:38 AM | #14
Ya i think giving you the option of buying the buffs would be good.

Astarica
07.10.2012 , 12:18 PM | #15
I leveled up 3 alts to chapter 2 so I can do all 4 buffs by myself just for PvP. Let's not pretend this isn't a huge advantage in PvP since you can't count on having other people around to buff you when they're busy fighting (the buff costs a GCD). I don't think it's fair but then forcing each team to have one of every archtype to start off at an even ground is just as bad too.

BubbleDncr
07.10.2012 , 12:36 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MobiusZero View Post
Legacy buffs have no place in PvP, period.

Not only is it unfair to people who purely PvP and don't grind out new characters, but its also unfair to classes who are no longer needed in a WZ for their unique buff.
Look at it this way - the people who have enough alts to have all the class buffs won't have as good gear as people who purely PVP on one toon - and your significantly higher expertise is probably more valuable than their buffs.
~ The Orelli Legacy ~ Prophecy of the Five ~
Elys'iya - lvl 50 Sniper Arya - lvl 50 Sentinel
Lia'li - lvl 50 Powertech Alindra - lvl 50 Sorcerer

Astarica
07.10.2012 , 12:37 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BubbleDncr View Post
Look at it this way - the people who have enough alts to have all the class buffs won't have as good gear as people who purely PVP on one toon - and your significantly higher expertise is probably more valuable than their buffs.
It's not hard to have both.

I'd be in support of just allowing the legacy buffs to be buyable with credit.

KhalDrogoe
07.11.2012 , 01:37 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by BubbleDncr View Post
Okay... but while we're both PvP'ing they'll be able to continue to raise their expertise. I can PvP all day and never gain those new buffs. I can't buy an "increase everything 5%" piece of armor with warzone comms.

NeverRose
07.11.2012 , 01:47 AM | #19
Nerf operatives.
It doesn't feel, it doesn't think, it doesn't laugh or cry. All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
l Sphinx l l ToFN l
l Eria l l Shadow l

Tyrias
07.11.2012 , 02:05 AM | #20
Whatever happened to the concept of "You want a specific bonus, you go out of your way to get/earn it"? This really isn't any different from saying:

"It's not fair that some people have played more PvP but less PvE than me have full War Hero sets:

1: Make it so that War hero gear is purchasable with just credits.
2: Make it so that War hero gear isn't better than other stuff so that time invested doesn't equate to a bonus."

That's pretty much what you're saying, except with a different subject. There's nothing stopping you from going out and getting these buffs for yourself, it didn't have it's availability limited to a specific time frame.

Secondly, at some point, I imagine they will be purchasable with credits. I recall Bioware saying that some things were going to start off as legacy only unlocks and then transition into credit unlocks in the future.

If you're not content to wait for when/if that happens, then you have to ask yourself how much the buffs mean to you. If they are that massive a difference to your viability, as an avid PvP'er you'll gladly go out and acquire the buffs. If they're not that massive that they warrant you putting effort in, then it's probably also not worth complaining about.

As a side note: Most dedicated PvPers that I know have rolled multiple classes, and that was before the buff sharing came into effect. They do it because a good PvP player knows the other class almost as well as their own, which is a level of understanding you can only genuinely get by playing it yourself.
"If you've got a problem, stick a worm in it".