Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Reward

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Reward
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sithmasterslim's Avatar


Sithmasterslim
07.10.2012 , 09:45 AM | #21
I have referred 5 people including purchasing the game and game cards for 2 of them . I hope BW gives me this speeder.....
Sull/Bardin SWG Fugitive from Sunrunner
"If you cannot afford to lose, you should not play the game"- Prince Xizor

CourtneyWoods's Avatar


CourtneyWoods
07.10.2012 , 09:49 AM | #22 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey Everyone,

The Kurtob Alliance Speeder is an account wide reward for all of those who meet the requirements:
  • Referred one or more of your friends through the Friends Trial Referral Form.
  • At least one of your friends purchased the game and paid for a recurring monthly subscription or redeemed a Game Time Code.
  • You must be opted-in to receive emails from The Old Republic.
  • You and your friendís account must not be banned.

For more information about the reward please visit the Friends Trial FAQ.

Thank you!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Rankyn's Avatar


Rankyn
07.10.2012 , 09:49 AM | #23
And thus begins the story of how I started multiple accounts on yet another MMO just to get the shinies.

The game's on sale for $20 at Amazon so it'll just cost me $35 to own it.
Personally, I'd be willing to just pay the $35 to BioWare and get the thing if I could avoid the hassle of dealing with a second account since all my friends either already play or refuse to play.

Rehneu's Avatar


Rehneu
07.10.2012 , 09:52 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey Everyone,

The Kurtob Alliance Speeder is an account wide reward for all of those who meet the requirements:
  • Referred one or more of your friends through the Friends Trial Referral Form.
  • At least one of your friends purchased the game and paid for a recurring monthly subscription or redeemed a Game Time Code.
  • You must be opted-in to receive emails from The Old Republic.
  • You and your friendís account must not be banned.


For more information about the reward please visit the Friends Trial FAQ.

Thank you!

Thanks Courtney!

Cellanoid's Avatar


Cellanoid
07.10.2012 , 09:53 AM | #25
Derp. Missed the first sentence.
Only subscribers have the privilege of forum Signatures. Subscribe today to earn yours! Or you can purchase it with 150 Cartel Coins!

Deveron's Avatar


Deveron
07.10.2012 , 09:59 AM | #26
Maybe I've missed it, but what's the incentive to accept a friend trial over just downloading the game and start the free trial right away?

Wouldn't it generate a lot more sales and subscriptions if you just add the speeder to the new account on first subscription payment, as well? Or at least some kind of item exclusive to the referral program?

Right now it's just the same as if you just went straight for the free trial, except for somebody else getting something nice out of the deal and you won't get anything. Sounds like a bad deal to me.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellren View Post
This is akin to saying that you can go clothes shopping at stores intended for the opposite gender. I'm sure if I took you shopping I'd find you something that would fit, but I doubt you'd be very comfortable by the time I'd finished. In fact I suspect you'd complain no matter how pretty I made you look.

Glower's Avatar


Glower
07.10.2012 , 10:01 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
And thus begins the story of how I started multiple accounts on yet another MMO just to get the shinies.

The game's on sale for $20 at Amazon so it'll just cost me $35 to own it.
Personally, I'd be willing to just pay the $35 to BioWare and get the thing if I could avoid the hassle of dealing with a second account since all my friends either already play or refuse to play.
^this!

Glower's Avatar


Glower
07.10.2012 , 10:02 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Deveron View Post
Maybe I've missed it, but what's the incentive to accept a friend trial over just downloading the game and start the free trial right away?

no! more action required like a month fee + game copy

HKtheindomitable's Avatar


HKtheindomitable
07.10.2012 , 10:06 AM | #29
Query: Am I reading correct that the friend must have started their subscription before receiving the speeder?
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Justicar | International Guild

Rankyn's Avatar


Rankyn
07.10.2012 , 10:06 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Deveron View Post
Maybe I've missed it, but what's the incentive to accept a friend trial over just downloading the game and start the free trial right away?

Wouldn't it generate a lot more sales and subscriptions if you just add the speeder to the new account on first subscription payment, as well? Or at least some kind of item exclusive to the referral program?

Right now it's just the same as if you just went straight for the free trial, except for somebody else getting something nice out of the deal and you won't get anything. Sounds like a bad deal to me.
The goal is to encourage you to get your friends to play.

From a business standpoint, it's MUCH cheaper to get your existing customers to bring in new subscribers than it is to "spray & pray" with advertising and other promotions.

So as a reward for generating new business for them, they give you a speeder.
Think of it as a sales commission.
Sure, you could just walk into a car dealership and buy a car but if I'm the one that gets you to buy that car, the dealership will give me money.
Pretty much the same thing here.