Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More Obvious PvP imbalance than Biochem's Adrenals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
More Obvious PvP imbalance than Biochem's Adrenals

KhalDrogoe
07.10.2012 , 09:47 AM | #1
In 1.3, we saw the removal of Biochem's adrenals from WZ's. So thus making it more fair to people who didn't want to have Bio on their PvP toon.

However now there is a SIGNIFICANT boost to players through the legacy system of class buffs. For someone that doesn't like leveling characters and will stick with their 1 toon despite how underpowered they are, they are limited to 1 class buff.... their own.

Why is it that people that reroll each new FOTM get's the advantage of having all of the buffs to re-buff themselves after they die giving them an edge over the people that do not have that.

Some possible solutions:

1) Make the legacy ability purchasable with credits (Like EVERY other legacy perk/buff except the buffs gained from grinding out all your companions affection ((which still is grindable with credits in an indirect way)))

2) Disable the ability to buff other classes buff for RWZ's. So instead of forcing people to buy the buffs to stay competitive, everyone just has to deal without (must as the case with the biochem adrenals)

Does anyone else see how this can make a huge difference in a warzone

Elboc
07.10.2012 , 09:49 AM | #2
You get all the class buffs at the beginning of the game, I dont see an issue. Just dont die! :P
Jt - Level 55 Mercenary - Rank 75 Valor
"Agent" Smth - Level 50 Sniper - Valor Rank 97
***The Untold Legacy*** The Bastion Server -"Founder"

Dmasterr
07.10.2012 , 09:50 AM | #3
Wait, are you doing warzones by yourself ? i mean 1 vs 8 people? you do not have team mates?

You do realize that the buffs are casted on the whole team (as long as they are in range and los), and are not individual, right?

mangarrage
07.10.2012 , 09:56 AM | #4
I do not
I never rerolled a character but I do have one of each and I actually pvp on my 4th character. I didnt do it for buffs because at the time there wasnt that legacy.
In a wz I do not recall being dead alone ever and people are very good about rebuffing after they are dead.

And I could be wrong here but if one person in the wz has all the legacy everyone gets all when they buff as well (not positive on that)
So in an instance where no one of the other team has the legacy and they are missing a gs/sniper type would the other team have the advantage as well?
In the grand scheme of things I wouldnt say it a huge deal

KhalDrogoe
07.10.2012 , 09:57 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dmasterr View Post
Wait, are you doing warzones by yourself ? i mean 1 vs 8 people? you do not have team mates?

You do realize that the buffs are casted on the whole team (as long as they are in range and los), and are not individual, right?
After your first death in a warzone, you respawn with NO class buffs. The only way to acquire them is to run into range of someone that has the ones you're missing. Now for someone who grinds out 1 of each class and plays them through the end can cast ALL the class buffs on themselves after they respawn.

Let's say in Alderaan Civil War, there is 1 guy defending a turret. I attack him sit at about half health, cap the turret. He is in the meantime taking the long speeder ride back. Then he kills me and retakes the turret for his team. But after I respawn and take the speeder down to face him again. If he grinded all of the classes he now has 3 or more class buffs to my one, and thus is at a distinct advantage perhaps enabling him to fight me off at half health.

Trondaddy
07.10.2012 , 10:01 AM | #6
this really is not an issue. please take your whining to another thread. Oh and nerf stunlocking operatives
What about that tower?

KhalDrogoe
07.10.2012 , 10:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by mangarrage View Post
I do not
I never rerolled a character but I do have one of each and I actually pvp on my 4th character. I didnt do it for buffs because at the time there wasnt that legacy.
In a wz I do not recall being dead alone ever and people are very good about rebuffing after they are dead.

And I could be wrong here but if one person in the wz has all the legacy everyone gets all when they buff as well (not positive on that)
So in an instance where no one of the other team has the legacy and they are missing a gs/sniper type would the other team have the advantage as well?
In the grand scheme of things I wouldnt say it a huge deal
No legacy is only per account. If you didn't grind out the excess characters you don't get to buff yourself with everything.

And you're right! If no one on your team has ever had an operative that completed chapter 2 of their storyline, no one is getting the 5% crit! (a persistent 5% crit is HUGE compared to the adrenals that didn't grant even half that much, but they still nerfed em to hell and put biochems out of their job.

The better way would be to just remove the requirement of 400 biochem on those adrenals instead of just removing them altogether from wz's.

anwg
07.10.2012 , 10:02 AM | #8
So ask for buffs, and find something else to whine about.

Fidopro
07.10.2012 , 10:03 AM | #9
Yeah at first I thought none of that legacy crap would be usable in PvP but whatever if people put in the time to get the buffs then they deserve the advantage do they not?

MobiusZero
07.10.2012 , 10:14 AM | #10
Legacy buffs have no place in PvP, period.

Not only is it unfair to people who purely PvP and don't grind out new characters, but its also unfair to classes who are no longer needed in a WZ for their unique buff.