Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer, Server Populations, and You (Part II)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer, Server Populations, and You (Part II)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
07.10.2012 , 09:23 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

Please discuss the Character Transfer, Server Populations, and You (Part II) community blog in this thread.

Thank you!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Ipea
07.10.2012 , 10:19 AM | #2
I am hoping to get some info and when i can get all my toons together on 1 server instead of having toons sitting unable to play them because they are on a server you made me move too.....i have lvl 50s on a EU server and want all my toons in 1 place but you wont let this happen and wont give any kind of answer as to if and when this will happe.......

Its almost to the point that i dont want to play the game any more and am close to ending my subscription

psi_overtake
07.10.2012 , 10:21 AM | #3
I'm also wondering if this will happen before or after the next stage of server transfers. It sounds like before, and that more transfers will happen after.
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Jonoku
07.10.2012 , 10:21 AM | #4
They are probably terminating all the origin servers but at least keeping 1-2 dead servers if more players come back to the game.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Zeebadd
07.10.2012 , 10:23 AM | #5
Any word on when we can expect more character slots to accommodate stranded toons on destination servers?

amclu
07.10.2012 , 10:23 AM | #6
What happens if your destination server is already full of 8 toons?

Nellsterzzz
07.10.2012 , 10:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ipea View Post
I am hoping to get some info and when i can get all my toons together on 1 server instead of having toons sitting unable to play them because they are on a server you made me move too.....i have lvl 50s on a EU server and want all my toons in 1 place but you wont let this happen and wont give any kind of answer as to if and when this will happe.......

Its almost to the point that i dont want to play the game any more and am close to ending my subscription

What really bugs me is that people don't read updates on the website. They've said in twitter updates, forums posts etc. that paid character transfers and increasing the character slots for every server are in the works. Patience is a virtue. BW is trying to settle down on getting everyone to there destination servers first before they can start allowing anyone to transfer toons from any server they want.

Jursy
07.10.2012 , 10:25 AM | #8
I am hoping for some information on server merges. I currently have max toons on 5 of 6 RP servers. What will happen to those toons in the event of a server merge? And will it be like The Ebon Hawk (Full with wait times)?

chritie
07.10.2012 , 10:26 AM | #9
Quote:
To continue to enhance the overall gameplay experience for current and new players, we have eliminated the option to create new characters on selected origin servers.
Quote:
Later this summer, any remaining characters on selected origin servers will be automatically moved to designated destination servers. We will provide additional details regarding the automatic character transfer process at that time.
Interesting. Looks like server merges after all, though it was pretty obvious from the get go.

Kinda time consuming to:
  1. Give people the choice to transfer.
  2. Give them a reward for transfering.
  3. Stop people from going to anything but the destination servers.
  4. Auto-move anyone left on the dead servers to the populated ones.

Instead of just, I don't know, call it a server merger and just merge them from the get go.

Oh well, I guess it's a good way to extend people's subscriptions. Make them wait for transfers, make them wait for a reward, then merge servers any way. People who don't want to be on super populated servers add another couple months of cash and people who do add more cash.

Cloak and dagger tactics, very interesting approach to dealing with a player base...

Zannis
07.10.2012 , 10:26 AM | #10
So all the people who stayed behind to preserve their names are getting hosed anyway.

Why didn't you guys just treat this as a merger from the beginning? Was it semantics? Were you afraid of calling them 'mergers'?

Why do you do everything half assed?