Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing the Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Trial

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing the Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Trial
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
07.09.2012 , 04:48 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Today we are excited to announce the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Free Trial*. Now you will be able to live out your very own Star Wars™ saga with thousands of other players up to level 15 with no charge or time limit! The Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Trial allows individuals, without a previously active Star Wars: The Old Republic game account, to see a portion of what the game has to offer with no payment method required.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kourage
07.10.2012 , 08:36 AM | #2
When I click on the question "What restrictions, if any, will be placed on a Free Trial Account?" from this page , it just takes me to a list of Hot Topics on the Help Center. It doesn't lead to an answer to the question.

Hopefully there will be restrictions on which servers free players can choose, or at least a login priority for subscribers.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

jgoldsack
07.10.2012 , 08:47 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Today we are excited to announce the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Free Trial*. Now you will be able to live out your very own Star Wars™ saga with thousands of other players up to level 15 with no charge or time limit! The Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Trial allows individuals, without a previously active Star Wars: The Old Republic game account, to see a portion of what the game has to offer with no payment method required.

Read More
Please give paying customers a priority in the login Queue.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Luca
07.10.2012 , 08:55 AM | #4
Looks like it's going to be quite a crowded summer on TOR, after all
Server: The Progenitor (EU RP-PvE)

Ciridemarr
07.10.2012 , 08:57 AM | #5
Just one question : what about crafting? If trizillions of free players will be able to craft - it doesn't have any level restriction atm - GTN will be flooded with player crafted items or gathered mats and whole economy will collapse.
PLEASE INTRODUCE RESTRICTIONS TO CREW SKILLS LEVELS - ie. similar to cap for Valour Rank when pvp'ing with levels under 50.
Ciridemarr
Guild Leader of Order of the Nameless
The Progenitor server EU

skarr_tor
07.10.2012 , 08:58 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kourage View Post
When I click on the question "What restrictions, if any, will be placed on a Free Trial Account?" from this page , it just takes me to a list of Hot Topics on the Help Center. It doesn't lead to an answer to the question.

Hopefully there will be restrictions on which servers free players can choose, or at least a login priority for subscribers.
The link is wrong. This should work
http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6411

Quote:
The following game restrictions will be placed on your Free Trial account for the duration of the trial:

- A Free Trial character cannot exceed level 15. The player will be notified via in-game notifications and chat message once they have hit the maximum level for the trial experience.
- A Free Trial character will only be able to play on their Origin World, Capital World, the Fleet, all Warzones, and in their first Flashpoint. A message box will appear if a character attempts to go outside of these areas.
- A Free Trial character will not be able to use general chat, trade chat, or PvP chat. The character will only be able to use local chat, group chat, guild chat, and reply to whispers.
- A Free Trial character will not be able to send or reply to mail by other trial characters. However, your character will be able to receive in-game mail during the trial.
- A Free Trial character will not be able to use the Galactic Trade Network or trade with other players.
- A Free Trial character will only be able to level their Crew Skills ranking to around 40.
- A Free Trial character will not be able to earn Legacy XP.

Ciridemarr
07.10.2012 , 09:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ciridemarr View Post
Just one question : what about crafting? If trizillions of free players will be able to craft - it doesn't have any level restriction atm - GTN will be flooded with player crafted items or gathered mats and whole economy will collapse.
PLEASE INTRODUCE RESTRICTIONS TO CREW SKILLS LEVELS - ie. similar to cap for Valour Rank when pvp'ing with levels under 50.
OK NVM - I've just read above....
Ciridemarr
Guild Leader of Order of the Nameless
The Progenitor server EU

Qishari
07.10.2012 , 09:01 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kourage View Post

Thanks for letting us know! We are looking into it.

Deewe
07.10.2012 , 09:13 AM | #9
(edit) the free trial seems a good think to me.

Now hopefully paying customers will go through priorities queues or guess players will be upset.

Kourage
07.10.2012 , 09:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Qishari View Post
Thanks for letting us know! We are looking into it.
It is working now.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))