Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
bots hacks and cheats killing pvp
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Motav
07.09.2012 , 06:34 PM | #21
Funny Im valor 73 and Ive not EVER seen one still.

vimm
07.09.2012 , 06:49 PM | #22
I have still never seen a cheater and I play this game far too much. Please at least try and use your brain.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

PloGreen
07.09.2012 , 07:51 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by _jew View Post
I have seen instances that appeared to me to be speedhacks - but only occasionally. This prompted me to do a little research on the subject and I found that there are a handful of forums out there dedicated to providing information and programs to cheat in swtor. Anyone who says that cheats don't exist and its just bad players complaining have obviously never looked for hacks because they ARE out there and they are not hard to find. I just hope the bioware devs are spending the 15 minutes it takes using google to track down these hacks and find a way to block or detect them.

edit: The hacks that these sites claim to offer in working condition, although I've never tested them, include speedhacks, resolve immunity, and free rage/focus/heat/ammo/etc. For obvious reasons I'm not including links but again, it takes very little time to verify that these cheats are out there.
Why anyone would feel they have to cheat in this game is beyond me. I've played since day one of early access and I have seen a few things, hiding in the place the ball spawns in huttball and not being targetable is the most common one I have seen but it's the same player doing it on my server and they are so bad it's hilarious.

I've play in a rated team that gets accused of hacking though, I think it is very rare that people hack and most occasions it's just players making excuses for losing to better skilled and geared opponents, or they don't understand class buffs/mechanics.

HelinCarnate
07.09.2012 , 11:21 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
also, capture the "hack" on video (e.g. fraps), that way folks who do know the class mechanics inside out can review it.

As for the person accused of hacking who wasn't (PT and marauder), ***? Doesn't bioware have server side logs they can review? How can they get this wrong? What the heck is their procedure for validating a claim of hacking.
Good luck with that. Everyone cheats all the time, except when someone else is recording them. Then all of a sudden, they somehow know they are being observed and behave normal. Quantum cheaing.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

Tkara
07.10.2012 , 08:38 AM | #25
Just this morning in huttball a player cloaked with the ball and did not drop it.

The hackers/cheaters are ruining pvp.

Macabrae
07.10.2012 , 08:41 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by akcac View Post
well the title says it all when is biowear going to stop this from going on ?and if they want the players to report these cheats then they should change the reporting method so you dont get kicked from your wz every time you try to ticket some cheat.
Just because you get beat doesn't mean they are hacking.....
"I find your lack of faith disturbing"---Lord Vader

Dnepr
07.10.2012 , 08:57 AM | #27
I had never seen anything that I thought was guaranteed cheating until yesterday. We were playing a Voidstar match and the opposing team was able to plant the bomb on the second set of doors before either of the bridges had dropped.

Macabrae
07.10.2012 , 09:02 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
I have still never seen a cheater and I play this game far too much. Please at least try and use your brain.

This. I was accused by some Nerd Rager recently for hacking after I kept killing him over and over....lol
"I find your lack of faith disturbing"---Lord Vader

SinnedWill
07.10.2012 , 09:03 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Tkara View Post
Just this morning in huttball a player cloaked with the ball and did not drop it.

The hackers/cheaters are ruining pvp.
I've seen this happen once before - I think it's a bug (not sure if it's easy to replicate since the manner in which the situation occured had to be perfect timing and part the cause -at least this is what I THINK may have caused it- was a result of an enemy player's action). I've only seen it occur once, and the stealthy that carried it said that he wasn't stealthed on his screen when he ran it in - i.e. he didn't even know he had done it.
Mains: TheSinner - Madness Sorc; Scornful - Carnage Marauder
Minis: Scorned - Deception Assassin; Sinbane - Pyro Powertech; Sinborn - Marksman Sniper
Guild: Physics
Server: The Shadowlands by way of Dreshdae Cantina.

SinnedWill
07.10.2012 , 09:10 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Dnepr View Post
I had never seen anything that I thought was guaranteed cheating until yesterday. We were playing a Voidstar match and the opposing team was able to plant the bomb on the second set of doors before either of the bridges had dropped.
Easy to accomplish if you're any class/spec that has a leap-to-target ability, though this is easiest for jugs/guardians to do - defending team member respawns in room 2, walks forward out the respawn room, sits on the center ledge (by the speed buff); attacking team's juggernaut charges to said defender, runs around him, pushes him into the void, then goes and caps the door while that defender is still locked out.

Note - if a defending team has a sorc/sage on the other side, they can extracate one of these players to the other side of the bridge to help defend the bridge access panels again (and defending warriors/knights can charge onto enemies -allies, even, if jugg/guardian- that might venture too close as well) - works both ways. Not an exploit, just happened to be that the best player for the attacking team happened to be one of your defending team's teammates.

Furthermore, they added an obstruction there in 1.2 since it used to be possible for inquisitor/consular classes to force-speed + jump across with ease. Now, only charge/pull methods can accomplish this feat.
Mains: TheSinner - Madness Sorc; Scornful - Carnage Marauder
Minis: Scorned - Deception Assassin; Sinbane - Pyro Powertech; Sinborn - Marksman Sniper
Guild: Physics
Server: The Shadowlands by way of Dreshdae Cantina.