Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So what relics/augments will tanking Powertechs be using in 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
So what relics/augments will tanking Powertechs be using in 1.3

Snakeburn
07.01.2012 , 11:12 AM | #21
Where is the spreadsheet to which you guys are referring?

Crixaliss
07.02.2012 , 10:14 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
maybe im doing it wrong but my healers are dpsing most fights rather than healing... i dont understand why you guys are stacking shield and absorb sooo high right now i believe my stats are 54 dmg reduction 8.6-8.7k armor 16.5 def 51.24 shield and 51.46 absorb and i stacked all 18/12 aim/end augments buffed with no stim im sitting at 25002 hp and have 1935 aim and 2365 endurance... ive had my shield chance and absorb up to 55 before but i didnt notice a huge increase on shielded attacks.. and what build are you guys using to get the vent heat in pyro cause im taking the 2% dmg reduction in ap rather than the 3% endurance talent
I think this is a good question to ask. At the point where your healers are already having no problems with you, an increase in dps may be the best option unless you wish to make sure you're at maximum survivability ready for the next tier of content?

Though, how much would filling up on the aim augments really increase the dps of a tank?

CitizenFry
07.02.2012 , 11:53 AM | #23
IMO getting 18 D/S/A and 12 Power on an augment is far superior to 18 Aim and 12 Endurance, for a tank. but YMMV.

Matrix Cube is awful for tanking. Campaign shield proc is (obviously) better than War Hero shield proc for PVE. As far as clicky relics go, the Campaign and War Hero are a bit closer to each other, with the War Hero having slightly more average mitigation across a fight, while the Campaign versions have more offensive power and more "burst" survivability. IMO the best setup is Campaign shield proc + Campaign shield+absorb clicky.

NefNef
07.02.2012 , 03:32 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
IMO getting 18 D/S/A and 12 Power on an augment is far superior to 18 Aim and 12 Endurance, for a tank. but YMMV.

Matrix Cube is awful for tanking. Campaign shield proc is (obviously) better than War Hero shield proc for PVE. As far as clicky relics go, the Campaign and War Hero are a bit closer to each other, with the War Hero having slightly more average mitigation across a fight, while the Campaign versions have more offensive power and more "burst" survivability. IMO the best setup is Campaign shield proc + Campaign shield+absorb clicky.
Prior to 1.3 I would agree. Post-1.3, War Hero PVP static shield/def relics are BiS for tanking, end of story.

The spreadsheet we are referencing can be found here: http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...adsheet-online

Gorzh
07.10.2012 , 08:04 AM | #25
Hiya, I got an alt powertech that's currently specced tanky, and I was wondering why the reason behind some augmenting for endurance? The defensive stat augments(absorb/defence and perhaps shield) has to be far superior since I don't think gear-wise we've reached the point where the DR is so hard on all of our defensive stats that endurance is better, or fights that requires that much health. Please correct me if I'm wrong tho as I haven't done any theory-crafting or seen any on this subject