Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Biochem] Critical crafting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Biochem] Critical crafting

Beerhauler
07.09.2012 , 12:11 AM | #1
with the change in augment slots in paticular but more so with biochem, what is the current advantage of having a crew skill that has a +5 crit for biochem or +5crit for armstech ??
The Trouble With Trouble Is, It Always Starts Out As Fun!

lpsmash
07.09.2012 , 01:09 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Beerhauler View Post
with the change in augment slots in paticular but more so with biochem, what is the current advantage of having a crew skill that has a +5 crit for biochem or +5crit for armstech ??
If you're creating an adrenal for example, and you crit, you get 2 adrenals instead of one. Same goes for non augmentable items with armstech (such as augments, barrels). It's a really strong companion bonus.

schnecko
07.09.2012 , 05:46 AM | #3
Did you only mean the normal critical bonus of the companions or do you also mean the legacy bonus? Cause I think at the tooltip of the legacy companion bonus it is written, that it only improve the cance to create an augmentslot at the items.

Yogol
07.09.2012 , 07:15 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by schnecko View Post
Did you only mean the normal critical bonus of the companions or do you also mean the legacy bonus? Cause I think at the tooltip of the legacy companion bonus it is written, that it only improve the cance to create an augmentslot at the items.
Yes, but that tooltip is wrong, as confirmed by Bioware: it also makes you crit other craftings, giving two results instead of one.

We're trying to figure out if it also affects gathering missions, but apperently they are too busy with other stuff to answer this question. Stuff like saying how to pronounce ''columni''... you know, IMPORTANT stuff!
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

venomlash
07.09.2012 , 07:52 AM | #5
Even more important, how to SPELL "Columi". There's no 'n' in there.

OP, if you get a crit-craft on a directly equippable item (earpiece, implant, helmet, chestguard, gloves, bracers, belt, pants, boots, relic, mainhand weapon, or offhand weapon) the item gets an augment slot. If you crit-craft anything else (armoring, mod, enhancement, color crystal, barrel, hilt, augment, stim, adrenal, medpack, grenade, speeder, ship component, miscellaneous buff) you get twice as many. And getting a two-for-one deal is pretty nice if you're crafting something like, say, a mark 26 enhancement. That's another 500k or so you just got for free.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

Beerhauler
07.09.2012 , 09:30 AM | #6
ty for the info, learn a little along the way.
The Trouble With Trouble Is, It Always Starts Out As Fun!

DarthTHC
07.09.2012 , 12:45 PM | #7
It's not biochem, but I recently queued 5 augments to Tanno (+5 Crit Armormech) and got NINE back. He's 10k affection but I haven't purchased any of the credit sink ... er, legacy crit bonuses.

I'm sure that's an outlier but still +5 > +0.