Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Voidstar 0-0 draws must be sorted now

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Voidstar 0-0 draws must be sorted now
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kitsinni
07.09.2012 , 12:28 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Underpowered View Post
1. There is a huge freaking map that takes up entire right hand corner of your screen
2. It is blatantly obvious what the score is (you know how far the other team got, and that's exactly how far you need to beat in order to win)
3. The map already indicates half of the score (YOUR score) through the green/red/grey door indicators.
Voidstar is way more equivilant to a race than a scored sport, time wins not points. They say the fastest one wins not the ones with the most points. What is another thing that the person who finishes a certain set of objectives based on time and speed .... oh yea .. a RACE.

1. There is plenty of room to put a score if it was a score, they put one in huttball, they display the "life" left in all the other WZ why would this one be so different?
2. There is no score you just want it to be a score so you can feel 0-0 is a tie and not two teams failing completely. This is a matter of achieving objectives in a certain amount of time .. it is a race if anything. An equivilant would be a NASCAR race where not one single car made it to the finish line. They don't say we all tied 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 lets split the money or pretend none of us lost.
3. The map indicates how many objectives you achieved, like in a race how many which lap you are on
Okin

AllisonBerryman
07.09.2012 , 12:30 PM | #42 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone! I just talked with Rob Hinkle on the PvP team about this, and he let me know that:

1) Yes, right now, if neither team breaches the first set of doors, the winner is determined randomly (in case anyone wasn't sure).

2) We have a change coming that will determine the winner in this case by taking each team's number of kills into account.

Thanks for posting to let us know your thoughts on this topic!

kitsinni
07.09.2012 , 12:36 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone! I just talked with Rob Hinkle on the PvP team about this, and he let me know that:

1) Yes, right now, if neither team breaches the first set of doors, the winner is determined randomly (in case anyone wasn't sure).

2) We have a change coming that will determine the winner in this case by taking each team's number of kills into account.

thanks for the info.
Okin

Varicite
07.09.2012 , 12:41 PM | #44

Incoming 6 heal / 2 tank teams. lol.

Thanks for the heads up.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.

Xerain
07.09.2012 , 12:59 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Varicite View Post

Thanks for the heads up.
So no one is ever going to die?

Varicite
07.09.2012 , 01:04 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
So no one is ever going to die?
If no one on your team dies, you can't possibly lose the match, right? : D

(Provided you don't all get CC'd and they plant a bomb)
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.

SinnedWill
07.09.2012 , 01:07 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Varicite View Post

Thanks for the heads up.
Sure, that might work for VS, but man would that hurt if a team like that were on any other warzone =p.
Mains: TheSinner - Madness Sorc; Scornful - Carnage Marauder
Minis: Scorned - Deception Assassin; Sinbane - Pyro Powertech; Sinborn - Marksman Sniper
Guild: Physics
Server: The Shadowlands by way of Dreshdae Cantina.

GemG
07.09.2012 , 01:42 PM | #48
Team Deathmatch as sudden death. Yeeee boyyy,
GemG
The Bastion

TheronFett
07.09.2012 , 01:46 PM | #49

Thanks for an official response on this. This issue has raised eyebrows since beta, and is long overdue for a fix.

Varicite
07.09.2012 , 01:47 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by SinnedWill View Post
Sure, that might work for VS, but man would that hurt if a team like that were on any other warzone =p.
Some people have been running 4 heal teams. I imagine they would be pretty good for the new VS tiebreakers, lol.

I wouldn't personally do it; I like having balanced teams.