Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hard Mode EC (Full Melee DPS)

BigV
07.09.2012 , 05:48 AM | #1
Just finished up making these vids ( first time so be kind lol), and just wanted to show that melee is perfectly viable for EC even though most say ranged is a must. Yes I know ranged makes things easier and we did make a few mistakes which could be fixed. 1-shot everything except Toth and Zorn, which took 3 tries.

Toth & Zorn
Tank healer lagged a bit tank died.
At end needed to keep 1 dps on Zorn and 3 on Toth for final push to make sure they died closer together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7VO3btTazA

Firebrand & Stormcaller
Not sure why one of the dps died and the other died from a dur moment and ran in front of stormcaller towards the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOiXsQlBggA

Colonel Vorgath
Pretty standard fight, I just started recording late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hhIU2B4EKY

Warlord Kephess
Well not much to say here either other than me not accepting the revive there at the end. Was busy staring at the health bar and praying lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLFX6et4FJk

That's it and hope everyone enjoyed them.

PS- Has this been done by others? Haven't seen anything anywhere but I'm sure someone has.

sphyg
07.09.2012 , 11:13 AM | #2
We ran through us with 4 sentinels in about an hour and 1/2. Granted that was onc we knew the mechanics and were geared pretty decently.

Damage on three if the sentinels was 1300+ while the other one forgot to log his.

But yes it's possible on story mode. Not sure about hard mode yet and it is less forgiving of mistakes.

ArchangelLBC
07.09.2012 , 12:27 PM | #3
Considering the OP says his videos are of Hard Mode I'll assume it is in fact possible =P
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

sphyg
07.09.2012 , 02:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Considering the OP says his videos are of Hard Mode I'll assume it is in fact possible =P
You're right. Didn't have time to look at the videos at the time of first post.

Cyberherox
07.09.2012 , 03:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Can I ask what you mean by geared decently, Our guild is still working on the two tanks, cant seem to get them down even though were all in full rakata.

BigV
07.09.2012 , 03:55 PM | #6
Quote:
Can I ask what you mean by geared decently, Our guild is still working on the two tanks, cant seem to get them down even though were all in full rakata.
HMEC is very unforgiving for DPS. We tend to want our DPS to be at least Full rakata w/ a few BH and all augmented. As for you tanks and healers if they can do NM EV/KP then they should be fine, they just require a bit more skill than gear for it.

KarethRiker
07.09.2012 , 03:57 PM | #7
I can see the first two bosses for sure (haven't watched the videos yet).

On the minefield how do you handle the exploding robots?

Kephess seems pretty doable except for burning down the trandoshan stage. Would love to know how you're handling that stage (cyclone slash ftw??)

Zhaker
07.09.2012 , 04:02 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyberherox View Post
Did you fully augment rakata? If not, you are missing a extra 200+ [Strength, Willpower, Cunning, Aim] and 100+ Endurance.

Also if you farm SM EC, NM KP, HM LI and HM Kaon and also do EoT you should be able to acquire some pieces of Black Hole gear and put it on the Rakata gear, that should buff up your gear more.

sphyg
07.09.2012 , 04:08 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KarethRiker View Post
I can see the first two bosses for sure (haven't watched the videos yet).

On the minefield how do you handle the exploding robots?

Kephess seems pretty doable except for burning down the trandoshan stage. Would love to know how you're handling that stage (cyclone slash ftw??)
Most def cyclone slash.. Lol.

I agree, trandoshan stage is tough for us with a slinger, commando with their good aoe's.

Cyberherox
07.09.2012 , 04:10 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhaker View Post
Did you fully augment rakata? If not, you are missing a extra 200+ [Strength, Willpower, Cunning, Aim] and 100+ Endurance.

Also if you farm SM EC, NM KP, HM LI and HM Kaon and also do EoT you should be able to acquire some pieces of Black Hole gear and put it on the Rakata gear, that should buff up your gear more.
We havent augmented them yet (that I know of) but we were saying it should be do-able because it came out before 1.3.