Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafter Twink possible ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crafter Twink possible ?

choboon
12.13.2011 , 12:33 PM | #1
Hi all

Is it possible to get a twink up to where he gets his companion, grab the craft skills and then just send his companion on craft missions all day while playing the main ?

Or is crafting progress tied to your level ?

ialsoagree
12.13.2011 , 12:36 PM | #2
I'm not sure if crafting is tied to your level or not as I was only in weekend betas, but keep in mind that you'd have to keep logging into your alt to send your companions on missions so you'd have to take breaks often from your main to maximize your alt's companions.
Having trouble signing up for game testing? Check this thread out for possible solutions:
http://swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=75371
If that doesn't help, post your problem here:
http://swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=75306

zardord
12.13.2011 , 12:38 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by choboon View Post
Hi all

Is it possible to get a twink up to where he gets his companion, grab the craft skills and then just send his companion on craft missions all day while playing the main ?

Not really possible because your skill is tied to your level, i.e. to be a max skill crafter
(400) you need to be level 50.

corgashan
12.13.2011 , 12:38 PM | #4
The ability to send out a companion on missions is not tied to your level. However, doing this route as you suggest, will only allow you to have 1 companion doing these missions. By the time you hit the level cap, you will have 6 companions (including the ship droid), 5 of which can be out doing missions or crafting items at the same time.

The number of companions you have obviously increases as you progress through the story, and the number you can have out at a time IS tied to your character level, so it's more likely that anyone with a "crafting alt" will end up leveling it up anyway, because it's just more efficient to have more companions out doing your bidding.

azamean
12.13.2011 , 12:40 PM | #5
You could do it no problem as the skills in the crafting sets don't have any level requirement.

However, the mission skills that get you the materials do, and in-game you start off with say, "Level 10 - 18 missions" and then the next bracket goes from 18 - 26 (ish), so as a twink crafter you'll never be able to gather higher level mats yourself, but you could send from alts/buy them.

corgashan
12.13.2011 , 12:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by zardord View Post
Not really possible because your skill is tied to your level, i.e. to be a max skill crafter
(400) you need to be level 50.

Has this changed? As of the last beta weekend, I was consistently 1-2 tiers of crafting above my character level.

Burtlebe
12.13.2011 , 12:46 PM | #7
Unless they changed it i was able to have crafters that were 16 making items for a level 40. If they havent changed it then I would recommend to at least get to level 16 or when you get your ship. Depending on class that could give you up to 3 companions which will make things alot easier.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

Nobylspoon
12.13.2011 , 12:49 PM | #8
One other thing to point out is that sending your companions on missions gets expensive pretty quickly...
- Epitomé -
The epitome of what a guild should be!
[PVP] [EST]
|Recruiting| - |Apply| - |Website|

PantheraMorag
12.13.2011 , 12:50 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Burtlebe View Post
Unless they changed it i was able to have crafters that were 16 making items for a level 40. If they havent changed it then I would recommend to at least get to level 16 or when you get your ship. Depending on class that could give you up to 3 companions which will make things alot easier.
Is there a site or guide somewhere that lists ca. when each class can get their companions?
My biggest wish is to have this droid: MSE-6-series repair droid as a pet!

joeypesci
12.13.2011 , 12:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by choboon View Post
Hi all

Most of the low lever missions only take about 3-5mins so by the time you've logged into main the companion will be back and finished.