Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group Chat is spamming group loot notifications.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Group Chat is spamming group loot notifications.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pirahna
07.08.2012 , 09:29 PM | #1
I had this working at one point. Anyone know the exact workaround?

I want a chat panel with just group chat. I don't want to see what a group member rolls on loot.

Here's another thread discussing this issue.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...04#post4819504

Tirvaak
07.08.2012 , 09:41 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
I had this working at one point. Anyone know the exact workaround?

I want a chat panel with just group chat. I don't want to see what a group member rolls on loot.

Here's another thread discussing this issue.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...04#post4819504
Hi Pirahna,

That's something I can help you with. When you are in game, right click on the chat tab you want to make changes to and select "chat settings". From there you can select exactly what you want to appear in the chat. I believe unchecking the system feedback and the party and ops information options should display the tab to your preference.

I hope this helps.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Pirahna
07.08.2012 , 11:58 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hi Pirahna,

That's something I can help you with. When you are in game, right click on the chat tab you want to make changes to and select "chat settings". From there you can select exactly what you want to appear in the chat. I believe unchecking the system feedback and the party and ops information options should display the tab to your preference.

I hope this helps.
I have NONE of the Global, Player or System Channels selected.
I have ALL of the Group Channels selected: Ops, Ops Leader, Group, Ops Announcement, and Ops Officer.

I still see rolling on loot notifications occuring.... In fact, I can ONLY have the one Group channel checked and still see Roll notifications occuring. I believe Roll Notifications should be occuring in the 'group information' channel and not the 'Group' channel. Am I correct or am I missing something here?

MajikMyst
07.09.2012 , 06:43 AM | #4
I have ALL of the Group Channels selected: Ops, Ops Leader, Group, Ops Announcement, and Ops Officer.

I still see rolling on loot notifications occuring.... In fact, I can ONLY have the one Group channel checked and still see Roll notifications occuring. I believe Roll Notifications should be occuring in the 'group information' channel and not the 'Group' channel. Am I correct or am I missing something here?
Rolls would be considered oOps announcements.. You are missing something..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Pirahna
07.10.2012 , 05:44 PM | #5

I took a pic so it is abundantly clear as to what is happening here....

http://i49.tinypic.com/2vjofox.jpg

I know there is a workaround for it because I used to have it working Pre 1.2ish... Don't want this thread to die without an answer or a fix....

Raekor
07.10.2012 , 06:37 PM | #6
Yeah, I only had "Group" selected last night as well, was still getting party rolls in EoT doing the weekly. I think I will keep this flagged in my email in case there isn't a follow up in some time.

Pirahna
07.11.2012 , 12:07 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Raekor View Post
Yeah, I only had "Group" selected last night as well, was still getting party rolls in EoT doing the weekly. I think I will keep this flagged in my email in case there isn't a follow up in some time.
I hope the csrs/bioware give this more than a fleeting glance and actually come up with a solution.

Pirahna
07.12.2012 , 04:34 PM | #8
Still waiting on an answer about his issue....

Raekor
07.12.2012 , 06:41 PM | #9
This was actually really annoying last night. Usually I'm only doing things with my guildies and we are on vent, but last night I was on an alt and trying to explain fights and what went wrong in party chat. I'd resize my window to see a response, then forget it was resized and click on it instead of the enemy I was trying to target.

Pirahna
07.13.2012 , 10:51 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hi Pirahna,

I hope this helps.
Still waiting on a response from a csr other than what I quoted... There is no "party" anymore, and this elementary explanation did not solve anything.

So... Bump for today.