Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Rapter's Guide to Fighting Dirty Like a Boss

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler > Gunslinger
Rapter's Guide to Fighting Dirty Like a Boss
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dracokyaku's Avatar


Dracokyaku
07.08.2012 , 06:26 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Safgril View Post
as intended? are you a developer?

last i checked in the description it says that the next 10 BLEEDS... not next 10 internal
According to Georg Zoeller it's intended, that's good enough for me.

Bleeds = Internal by the way, mouse over Shrap bomb and read the discription, specifically..
Quote:
Causing up to 3 targets within 5 meters to bleed for xxxx internal damage over 21 seconds.
Winter Silverwing | Red Eclipse
Smugglers Alliance:The home of Beer, Pie and Scoundrel minded folk.

Safgril's Avatar


Safgril
07.08.2012 , 06:33 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracokyaku View Post
According to Georg Zoeller it's intended, that's good enough for me.

Bleeds = Internal by the way, mouse over Shrap bomb and read the discription.
yes on shrap it says it specifically says it BLEEDS for a specific amount of damage... on wounding shot it does not mention any bleed... and yes bleed is a internal damage but an internal damage shot doesnt necessarily mean its a bleed.

P.S. link to where george zoeller said it is intended please.... if they are willing to accept the bug as intended then i guess oh well... but then they need to reword their wounding shot
OIJ - Operation Infinite Justice (est. since SWG)

Bioware, The one's who come to the forums are the very few. Send an ingame vote before making big changes on the game.

Dracokyaku's Avatar


Dracokyaku
07.08.2012 , 06:42 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Safgril View Post
yes on shrap it says it specifically says it BLEEDS for a specific amount of damage... on wounding shot it does not mention any bleed... and yes bleed is a internal damage but an internal damage shot doesnt necessarily mean its a bleed.
/Facepalm

I give up, you obviously know far more about Gunslinger and Dirty Fighting than the rest of us, please award yourself +1 internets.
Winter Silverwing | Red Eclipse
Smugglers Alliance:The home of Beer, Pie and Scoundrel minded folk.

Kiisu's Avatar


Kiisu
07.09.2012 , 02:46 AM | #44
I don't even get why you are so upset about this. Since most of you are pvpers here I would think you would relish the fact that wounding shots does more burst because of that simple fact.

CameronWinston's Avatar


CameronWinston
07.09.2012 , 08:27 AM | #45 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracokyaku View Post
Not at all. The ticks are used by the INTERNAL component of Wounding shots, which only comes into play if you have Bleeds already present on the Target.
Wounding shots doesn't speed up the Ticks provided by Vital Shot and Shrap Bomb, the bonus Internal damage which uses up said HB ticks is provided by Wounding Shots, Vital Shot and Shrap bomb will continue to tick away in the background.
If a Vital shot/Shrap bomb tick takes place during the use of Wounding Shots then that too will benefit from Hemorrhaging blast.
This is all correct. To clarify, Hemorrhaging Blast's 10 charges increase the damage dealt from all your bleed effects (which includes Shrap Bomb, Headshot, and the internal damage dealt by Wounding Shots as well). This is not a bug.

Wounding Shot's damage is likewise increased by Cold Blooded when the target is at low life. Hope this helps!

Dracokyaku's Avatar


Dracokyaku
07.09.2012 , 08:46 AM | #46
I contacted GZ last night and asked him if he could confirm again (in this thread) if it is or isn't intended that WS uses up charges of HB, hopefully he or someone else at Austin will have a few spare moments to help clarify and we can move on.
Winter Silverwing | Red Eclipse
Smugglers Alliance:The home of Beer, Pie and Scoundrel minded folk.

Dracokyaku's Avatar


Dracokyaku
07.09.2012 , 08:49 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by CameronWinston View Post
This is all correct. To clarify, Hemorrhaging Blast's 10 charges increase the damage dealt from all your bleed effects (which includes Shrap Bomb, Headshot, and the internal damage dealt by Wounding Shots as well). This is not a bug.

Wounding Shot's damage is likewise increased by Cold Blooded when the target is at low life. Hope this helps!
Thanks for confirming!
Winter Silverwing | Red Eclipse
Smugglers Alliance:The home of Beer, Pie and Scoundrel minded folk.

Safgril's Avatar


Safgril
07.09.2012 , 08:57 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by CameronWinston View Post
This is all correct. To clarify, Hemorrhaging Blast's 10 charges increase the damage dealt from all your bleed effects (which includes Shrap Bomb, Headshot, and the internal damage dealt by Wounding Shots as well). This is not a bug.

Wounding Shot's damage is likewise increased by Cold Blooded when the target is at low life. Hope this helps!
then you need to reword hemorraging blast instead of bleeds saying the next 10 internal damages. only reason is because wounding shot isnt a bleed
OIJ - Operation Infinite Justice (est. since SWG)

Bioware, The one's who come to the forums are the very few. Send an ingame vote before making big changes on the game.

ZeroPlus's Avatar


ZeroPlus
07.09.2012 , 11:02 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Safgril View Post
then you need to reword hemorraging blast instead of bleeds saying the next 10 internal damages. only reason is because wounding shot isnt a bleed
Ummm... why?

This is what the tooltip says for Wounding Shots: (I've highlighted the relevant part)
================================================== =
Fires a wave of bolts at the target each second, dealing 492 - 545 weapon damage. For each of your bleed effects present on the target during each wave, the target hemorrhages for an additional 145 internal damage. Fires both blasters if dual wielding.
================================================== =

You are right and you are wrong. Right because Wounding Shots itself isn't a "bleed". *HOWEVER*, you are wrong, because for each of *your* bleed effects already on the target, it causes the target to hemorrhage (another word for "bleed") for additional damage.

This is the "internal" component people have been talking about and this internal component is a "bleed" effect. It is not a "bleed over time" effect, but it is a "bleed" effect (consider it an "instant" bleed). As such it will consume a stack of Hemorrhaging Blast.

Here for your refence is the tooltip of Hemorrhaging Blast: (highlighted again)
================================================== =
Deals 553 - 639 weapon damage and causes the target to take 30% additional damage from the Smuggler's next 10 bleed effects. Lasts 15 seconds. Fires both blasters if dual wielding.
================================================== =

There is no need to reword Hemorrhaging Blast.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Skolops's Avatar


Skolops
07.12.2012 , 05:20 AM | #50
I'm wondering where people are getting their burst from myself in DF. I've been using it on my new gunslinger and putting up gigantic numbers ins warzones - almost always top DPS or at least very near to it. That said, I feel like its DPS which is really spread out and not nearly as strong against single targets as SS. Now, obviously, this is largely the idea and simply a matter of the spec design, and I'm fine with that. Still only level 42, but I'm keeping my gear very up to date so it scales well with bolster and now having hit the 31 point talent, I feel reasonably confident in my ability to get some meaningful insight out of playing the spec.

The thing is, I see folks in videos - and more importantly, against me - using lethality or DF dropping some very effective single target burst. I recall a level 45 lethality sniper - someone who has just about the same skill points he was able to spend as I - drop me from full health to almost zero with a single cull. I'm sure there was a sab charge on me, a weakening blast , and so forth, but still - even using all of these I've never been able to get more than 1/4 - 1/3 out of a person's health in a single wounding shots.

I've used the standard

Vital Shot -> Hemorrhaging Blast -> Shrap Bomb - Sab Charge - > Flourhish - Wounding Shots

And also

Vital Shot -> Shrap Bomb - Sab Charge - > Flourhish -> Hemorrhaging Blast -> Wounding Shots

and a whole bunch of similar things to try to maximize the strength of the wounding shots. No success. Thoughts?
El'Skan-Assassin /// Laetrie-Sniper /// Caelie-Slinger /// Fidaeria-Jugg
Armack -Chaetrie -Gaurex -Isdron -Skol'ompara /// Misericordiae -Elnar -Rujko -Sophiya
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five