Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rapter's Guide to Fighting Dirty Like a Boss

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Rapter's Guide to Fighting Dirty Like a Boss
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dracokyaku
07.07.2012 , 12:24 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Talyndor View Post
How do you do this? I tried assigning F to sabotage and it eliminated the key binding for cover.
You use the Take Cover ability from your Abilities list.

So for example, put the Take Cover ability on your Standard Toolbar in ToolSlot 2, then place the Sabotage Charge (Or Charge Burst for SS Spec for those instant Charged Bursts, it works along the same principle) into ToolSlot 2 on your Cover Toolbar.

The Standard Toolbar and the Cover Toolbar work as the same bar when it comes to Keybinds, so a double tap of the '2' Key (or whatever you have bound) will drop you into Cover and then throw a Sabotage Charge out instantly.
Winter Silverwing | Red Eclipse
Smugglers Alliance:The home of Beer, Pie and Scoundrel minded folk.

Dracokyaku
07.07.2012 , 12:28 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelaias View Post
Maybe there is a problem with wounding shots in that hemorrhaging blast charges are consumed without the damage boost?
Wounding shots internal damage component is granted the damage boost from Hemorrhaging blast, again, it's something you can check yourself in a few minutes with a Targeting Dummy.

Safgril
07.08.2012 , 08:57 AM | #33
my rotation is slightly different... but it all does the same. the heal debuff is long enough to do what you want whether you put it at the beginning middle or end of your rotation. I use it at the beginning and have no problems taking people down.

some suggestions were to take streetwise... i would definitely take that...

as for independant anarchy... i see it as worthless when you are talking about dot damage.. it increases it only by 8 damage per tick...and for sab charge... that is not where the bulk of my damage comes from.. i usually use it to finish somebody off. and it does plenty of damage without that skill.

so swap out bravado for streetwise and your good...
OIJ - Operation Infinite Justice (est. since SWG)

Bioware, The one's who come to the forums are the very few. Send an ingame vote before making big changes on the game.

Safgril
07.08.2012 , 09:26 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracokyaku View Post
Wounding shots internal damage component is granted the damage boost from Hemorrhaging blast, again, it's something you can check yourself in a few minutes with a Targeting Dummy.
if wounding shots is taking up some of the 10 ticks of Hemorhaging blast then its a bug....

it should not be taking up any.... however... a good test would be to just apply hemorrhaging blast and no dots and shott of wounding shots... see if it takes up the ticks.... if it does then its a bug... it shouldnt be doing that..

hemorrahging blast doesnt give a bleed... so it should not be affected either way for wounding shots or wounding shots affecting HB

Bioware, The one's who come to the forums are the very few. Send an ingame vote before making big changes on the game.

Kiisu
07.08.2012 , 09:40 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Safgril View Post
if wounding shots is taking up some of the 10 ticks of Hemorhaging blast then its a bug....

it should not be taking up any.... however... a good test would be to just apply hemorrhaging blast and no dots and shott of wounding shots... see if it takes up the ticks.... if it does then its a bug... it shouldnt be doing that..
Actually no, its not a good test, since wounding shots without dots present won't have internal dmg component. Hemo blast charges will go off on wounding shots internal dmg components which i think is working as intended.

Dracokyaku
07.08.2012 , 09:46 AM | #36
a good test would be to just apply hemorrhaging blast and no dots and shott of wounding shots... see if it takes up the ticks.... if it does then its a bug... it shouldnt be doing that..
Wounding shots supplies no internal damage component unless you already have bleeds on the Target, as such no ticks of Hemorrhaging blast would be used up in that scenario.

If you do have Bleeds on the target prior to applying HB and WS then your HB tick will be used up when the Internal damage component of WS is triggered, it's designed this way so as to give us burst capability when needed.

Safgril
07.08.2012 , 09:57 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracokyaku View Post
Wounding shots supplies no internal damage component unless you already have bleeds on the Target, as such no ticks of Hemorrhaging blast would be used up in that scenario.

If you do have Bleeds on the target prior to applying HB and WS then your HB tick will be used up when the Internal damage component of WS is triggered, it's designed this way so as to give us burst capability when needed.
exactly... so its vital shot and shrap bomb that are ticking down hemorrhaging blast NOT wounding shots

Dracokyaku
07.08.2012 , 10:11 AM | #38
exactly... so its vital shot and shrap bomb that are ticking down hemorrhaging blast NOT wounding shots
Not at all. The ticks are used by the INTERNAL component of Wounding shots, which only comes into play if you have Bleeds already present on the Target.
Wounding shots doesn't speed up the Ticks provided by Vital Shot and Shrap Bomb, the bonus Internal damage which uses up said HB ticks is provided by Wounding Shots, Vital Shot and Shrap bomb will continue to tick away in the background.
If a Vital shot/Shrap bomb tick takes place during the use of Wounding Shots then that too will benefit from Hemorrhaging blast.

Riiquiem
07.08.2012 , 10:14 AM | #39
I can't believe your are arguing about that regarding everything that has already been said here..

WS DOES CONSUME HEMO CHARGES! (like intended and receaives dmg buff from it)

see previous poster
Child of Murakami Orchid - now The Jedi Tower:
The Belegendary Legacy

Aerilon - 50 Gunslinger :: Riqui - 50 Shadow :: Riiquiem - 50 Sage
Jeendra - 48 Sentinel :: C'assus - 24 Commando

Safgril
07.08.2012 , 06:16 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Riiquiem View Post
I can't believe your are arguing about that regarding everything that has already been said here..

WS DOES CONSUME HEMO CHARGES! (like intended and receaives dmg buff from it)

see previous poster
as intended? are you a developer?

last i checked in the description it says that the next 10 BLEEDS... not next 10 internal damage....

wounding blast doesnt give a bleed it gives a bonus internal damage on the number of bleeds on your target...

so like i said previously... .then it is a BUG