Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

get rid of the sniper screen...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
get rid of the sniper screen...

RragnarR
07.08.2012 , 05:12 PM | #1
get rid of permanent anti jump screen - snipers are so rediculously op already. Insane amounts of damage and lots of cc's - the fact that no night can leap them makes them rediculously op...

Lexlo
07.08.2012 , 05:14 PM | #2
I'm sure the 4 people that make up the Sniper/Gunslinger Community would agree to this.
Prophecy of the Five
<WAR>|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:| |:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|<LTW>
Twitch.TV

Invictusthetaru
07.08.2012 , 05:18 PM | #3
If we didn't have that we would be dead even quicker. Certain classes are better at killing slingers than others.
Invic- 55 Jugg Tongs-53 Gunslinger
Tongs- 55 Assassin Penné-50 Vanguard
Havesome- 55 Sentinel
iKite- 55 Sorc

Ardim
07.08.2012 , 05:20 PM | #4
Or you could L2P.

/thread
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

Dissentus
07.08.2012 , 05:24 PM | #5
They are supposed to counter your warrior. If you want a class that counters them fairly well, pick a stealth class.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

BigfootNZ
07.08.2012 , 05:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexlo View Post
I'm sure the 4 people that make up the Sniper/Gunslinger Community would agree to this.
As one of those 4 people id like to tell the OP to go leap into a lake...

If your gunning for the Sniper/slinger all it gives us is another 3 seconds or so to pull of 2 attacks at most before your on us anyway in open ground, if where on a ramp or higher elevation then yeah we have the advantage, so we should, we spent a good 4+ seconds or so getting into the position and not dpsing. If a melee like a mara gets on me I pop my shield probe, and keep at it, once thats droped I pop dodge, then I might flash bang him and go back to my old targets... ultimately unless he gets bored and goes after some one else that melee WILL kill me, and im resigned to that fact.

If you could leap to me my positioning wouldnt mean diddly, and id be like the poor healer im shooting, dead in seconds and respawning most of the match.

If i dont dodge through master strike even in mostly WH gear im down to 1/3rd health... so yeah, Ill keep my un-mobile immunity to leaps, I need it, other wise it would be an even more melee dominated game than it already is.

whats next?, demand they turn us back to pre 1.2 and make it so any knockback would throw us out of cover forcing us to get back into cover again to use most of our abilitys... no thanks, bad enough things like force choke still effect us in cover.
▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
-Really wish I could play a Rodian Gunslinger-

Smuglebunny
07.08.2012 , 06:21 PM | #7
No one else had a problem till today and all the sudden there are more nerf threads for the next target snipers and GSs. But it wont matter it will just cycle back around and around EVERYthing is OP cuz you cant play.

lpsmash
07.08.2012 , 06:22 PM | #8
Sniper die very quickly. Can't imagine how that would be if they could get jumped on. Would be worse than mercs.

Belly
07.08.2012 , 06:27 PM | #9
Saber ward will help you get close, the knockback is a killer, but without it, and their other defenses, snipers and slingers would be pretty much free kills
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Dissentus
07.08.2012 , 06:32 PM | #10
People are going to start calling for a nerf to gunslingers/snipers, it's inevitable because of the amount of burst damage they can put out. However, they feel like a pretty good glass cannon to me compared to a lot of other classes. They have some decent CC, but outside of that, they don't have escapes or healing or survivability and easily go down to focus fire.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.