Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security on European Accounts !!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Security on European Accounts !!!!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SinSilver
12.19.2011 , 03:23 AM | #1
Security App for Mobile Phones on other platforms than the iOS.

Is this somthing that you are going to pe develop? It cant be very hard. I understand (if i rly try hard) that you made it for iPhone first. Tho there are ALOT of users that i bet are using Android, Windows Phone or Symbian as the most common examples? .. Will you be making an app for these phones aswell.

As it is atm, since the Security Key is not available in Europe AND the fact that Origin can't handle strong passwords with special characters (yes i have tried!!) -.- The security on the European account is way too low. And this will pose a potential risk for a large number of players imo.

This is something that A, either Origin must fix (now that they got an MMO, the accounts is even more lucurative to be stolen) or B, SWTOR must atleast make the security key / app available for more ppl. in Europe.

ty
Silver - Out..

Laevena
12.19.2011 , 03:29 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings.
The Mobile Security Key is currently available for the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and certain Android and Blackberry devices.

You will find more information regarding security keys here.
Laevena | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Thorson
12.19.2011 , 03:47 AM | #3
since this is the only thread i found, can you please make the mobile app for android? it says that it works with a few android products but not mine, and id guess alot of other people are in the same boat. i would really like the extra security and it seems unfair to only let iphone and iOS users get the mobile app so only they can access the extra vendor.
If Jack helps you off a horse, would you help Jack off a horse?

Nathral
12.19.2011 , 04:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by E8-P0 View Post
Greetings.
The Mobile Security Key is currently available for the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and certain Android and Blackberry devices.

You will find more information regarding security keys here.
Could you please point us to a link for the Android version. The above only shows an iOS version as available to download, and nothing shows up in a search of the Google Marketplace either.