Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Servers all just went down

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Coolroc
07.08.2012 , 02:42 PM | #1
Why did all the servers just go down? And i never seen any warning about this at all anywhere's.

Beesodd
07.08.2012 , 02:44 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Coolroc,

This is intended, there was an issue that was affecting a large number of players and the servers are being restarted to resolve it. More information can be found here:http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...59#edit4813559

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

ProdSlash
07.08.2012 , 02:45 PM | #3
There was no in game warning, and we were just about to beat the first boss on HM EV. Thanks, Bioware! That was awesome timing!

Sugus
07.08.2012 , 02:46 PM | #4
i'm just winning the huttball....

no warning!!!

big loose bioware.

when are the server online??? because in Europe it's 22:45 o'clock!
Mantle of the Force & Bergeron Colony
Le passé c'est de l'histoire. Le futur un mystère. Et à travers le présent la Force te guideras!

Cupelixx
07.08.2012 , 02:46 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Coolroc,

This is intended, there was an issue that was affecting a large number of players and the servers are being restarted to resolve it. More information can be found here:http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...59#edit4813559
I don't suppose it occurred to you to send in-game warnings where online players are more likely to see it and not the forums? I didn't even notice a problem happening.
Please un-break Slicing lockbox missions.

FigeroMentel
07.08.2012 , 02:49 PM | #6
How hard would it have been to just warn us first? Hell, just a "this server is shutting down for maintenance in 20 minutes" comment in general chat would have been something.
Martha Mentel Dahlquist Mentel
Figero Mentel Carvala Mentel
Annek Mentel Jelal Mentel

radtrinidad
07.08.2012 , 02:50 PM | #7
I did notice the lag and figured that was why they took down the servers, however, a 5 min warning would have been nice. Somebody forgot. Oh well. We needed a break anyway.

Star_rose
07.08.2012 , 02:50 PM | #8
I sorta second that. I mean they did a notification before regarding the server transfers. Why not do the same for notifying players about closing the servers for solving a problem?

Sugus
07.08.2012 , 02:51 PM | #9
the biggest player affluence in europe is 22 o'clock you are so big loosers biowar.

Hello, when open server? because when it goes longer in europe we go sleeping!
Mantle of the Force & Bergeron Colony
Le passé c'est de l'histoire. Le futur un mystère. Et à travers le présent la Force te guideras!

Bangkirai
07.08.2012 , 02:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Coolroc,

Sure......

After 5 days of trying to reinstall/patch swtor, I finally near the end to get a list of OFFLINE servers........

PS: fix your damn launcher, so it can handle computers that have more then 4gb ram, that was the ONLY issue I had. Removed 3 sticks of memory (each 4gb) and it suddenly worked without problem.)