Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stormcaller Attacks

Exiled-Phoenix
07.08.2012 , 02:11 AM | #11
Tbh if you have 27k hitpoints then i am wondering how low your other stats (def rating, shield rating, absorb are)
Our main tank has 25k hit points and is fully geared in rakata/black hole and 2 campaign pieces with augments, he is actually trading off endurance if it gets him better defense ratings. (also assassin tank)
I use to be a Deception Assassin, then I took a Dev comment to the face!
Now i'm a Mercenary healer.......

Fossman
07.08.2012 , 02:15 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Exiled-Phoenix View Post
Tbh if you have 27k hitpoints then i am wondering how low your other stats (def rating, shield rating, absorb are)
Our main tank has 25k hit points and is fully geared in rakata/black hole and 2 campaign pieces with augments, he is actually trading off endurance if it gets him better defense ratings. (also assassin tank)
Was thinking the same thing. You really dont need that much health. you would be fine with around 22k as long as your defensive stats are where they need to be.

Kiisu
07.08.2012 , 06:07 AM | #13
Nonsense, you can have 30k health and still have more than enough defensive stats.

yanksfan
07.08.2012 , 10:15 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiisu View Post
Nonsense, you can have 30k health and still have more than enough defensive stats.
There is absolutely no reason to have 30k health in the game at this current stage. All you are doing is making it harder for your healers to top you off. You are better off having the defensive stats period.
Chirality- Operative Heals
Oh you and your guild are a big deal in a video game? So do you put that on your resume ?

Kiisu
07.08.2012 , 10:28 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by yanksfan View Post
There is absolutely no reason to have 30k health in the game at this current stage. All you are doing is making it harder for your healers to top you off. You are better off having the defensive stats period.
No matter how much def and shield you try to stack, you will take full-hit attacks and you will take them several times in a row, it's good to have a hp buffer for those times. Running around with 22k (as mentioned previously) makes you just annoying to heal, hell most 61 geared dps/healers have ~21k hp.

pure_laced
07.08.2012 , 10:54 AM | #16
There is a thread discussing it right now. The logs need to be made clearer so we can really see what is going on, and make determinations.

I am under the impression tanking is broken right now because of their initial design. Until a hard cap or HUGE DR is met, increasing defensive stats should be a priority if they designed the hit model correctly. For hits to bypass the 2nd roll check entirely is garbage.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Kihra
07.08.2012 , 01:01 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by yanksfan View Post
There is absolutely no reason to have 30k health in the game at this current stage
I would counter with "There's absolutely no reason not to."

Tanks in this game don't get hit very hard, so either gearing strategy works fine for current content. The advantage of stacking Endurance is that it provides a guaranteed increase to time-to-live when heals dry up. Defensive Stats only provide RNG protection in that regard, since you can still take a streak of unavoided and unshielded hits. Endurance is also better against Force/Tech bosses like Stormcaller.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Kihra - Kinetic Shadow

TheBigGregski
07.08.2012 , 01:53 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kihra View Post
Tanks in this game don't get hit very hard
Hu ? Did you tank HM Kephess ? I'm a full black hole/campaign geared shadow tank and he ***** me on a regular basis. The fact is, I don't think you really have to choose between endurance and defensive stats. Mods with high secondary stats usually gives high endu/willpo imho.

Anyway, I think we're drifting from the original topic here, and i'd just like to add that I don't think a shadow tank is less suited for Stormcaller : with high elemental resistance and a handy deflexion cd to cope with mortar volley I don't have any real tanking issue on this fight.

Also, we don't swap tanks anymore. We put a taunting dps (vanguard, shadow or guardian) on Calcinis' nose, he grabs aggro during Stormcaller's first Double Destruction per cycle, the tank gets the aggro back when Calcinis casts his big attack, and we're fine

Kihra
07.08.2012 , 02:33 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBigGregski View Post
Hu ? Did you tank HM Kephess ? I'm a full black hole/campaign geared shadow tank and he ***** me on a regular basis
Sure, plenty of times. He does not hit that hard relative to how tanks get hit in other games like WoW.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Kihra - Kinetic Shadow

floriwie
07.08.2012 , 04:08 PM | #20
%29 Def
%58 Shield with Dark Ward
%39 Absorb (%60 when Shield Amplification relic procs...)

I used 10 Advanced Fortitude Augments to reach 27K....

I did this after the nerf, our self heals are percentage based, I am nearly getting the same self heals as number like previous to the nerf, that is the only reason for 27K....