Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

STAR WARS and bad writers...

Kilikaa
07.07.2012 , 07:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Gorra-Syn View Post
If you use the force to live for a thousand years or so,fly, or pull a moon out of it's orbit, then you are over the top. Not to mention everything that starkiller does, it's over kill. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I think most (not all) people that would really understand my point, are people like me that watched Star Wars before we had any EU. I think someone today that becomes a Star Wars fan would only see the "over the top" as the norm.Oh.. Im also not a fan of the total lack of force (the Vong) if it is in all things.. just seems all wrong to me.
I am 38 years old. I grew up on Star Wars. I love the movies. I also love the Expanded Universe a lot. I do not feel that Jedi/Sith are so overpowered. SOME may be but most are not. Luke, his son Ben and Jaina are and should be. The son and grandchildren of the Chosen One are expected to have this "uberness" you speak of. However, they also have had their tails kicked in and have been near death a few times. To me this makes them less "uber" than you think.

As for the Vong...one of the best enemies the Jedi have ever faced. The fact that they were cutoff from the Force and could not be detected through it was a freat idea. It presented a weakness the Jedi were not prepared for. It surprised them and it took a while for them to recover from and overcome it. Sticking to the movies so tightly only limits, and hurts, the franchise. There are limits but the movies should not be those limits.

Also, I think Mandalorians should be one level below Jedi, maybe two. But to be on the same level or even higher like Traviss made them out to be is going too far. Her Mandos were a perfect example of your "uberness".

jarjarloves
07.07.2012 , 07:30 PM | #12
what bothers me is the names of the Darths. Or really any of the villians. A guy who can raise the dead is Darth Andeddu and he looks like an egyptian mummy? Or how about Savage Opress.. really why don't we call the next guy Big Evil Man.

ProfessorWalsh
07.07.2012 , 07:32 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
what bothers me is the names of the Darths. Or really any of the villians. A guy who can raise the dead is Darth Andeddu and he looks like an egyptian mummy? Or how about Savage Opress.. really why don't we call the next guy Big Evil Man.
Darth Gnastyman
Darth Villainus...

Okay... I just made a Sith named Villainus... Couldn't resist it.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

Wolfninjajedi
07.07.2012 , 07:34 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Gorra-Syn View Post
Thanks for the comments proffessor, I think Ill pass on any responce to that guy wolf above you because after his comments, its obvious he just doesn't get it, and only wants to argue. But back to my point...
I'm not trying to argue anything here.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

jarjarloves
07.07.2012 , 07:43 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post
Darth Gnastyman
Darth Villainus...

Okay... I just made a Sith named Villainus... Couldn't resist it.
rofl yeah it reminds me of He-Man with Evil-Lynn.

it's like in the Prequels are the Trade Federation that stupid to think someone named Darth Sidieus who hangs out in the shadows won't screw them over?

Wolfninjajedi
07.07.2012 , 07:45 PM | #16
rofl yeah it reminds me of He-Man with Evil-Lynn.
Evelyn!
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Lurtzello
07.07.2012 , 07:50 PM | #17
it's like in the Prequels are the Trade Federation that stupid to think someone named Darth Sidieus who hangs out in the shadows won't screw them over?
Well, Palpatine helped them exploiting their lust for power... Later they had to help him...
Everything is STAR WARS is the best.

Darth_Eminok
07.07.2012 , 07:50 PM | #18
Thread-Starter, if the "Uberness" can be covered with a good and interesting story to work off of, how can it be rendered lame?

Isn't the story all that matters (along with dialogue... which comes with story) and "uberness" is another part of the stroy that contributes to it to make it dramatic or something?

Yes there are limits, and that limit is the bad story... easy way out... like:

A Darth in the Sith Order (in some timeline) is aware of a rebellion brewing in the edges of the galaxy and can be considered a threat. He thinks something in his mind and those planets explode. The End.

Yes... bad. DERP. It's all in the way that the "uberness" is used and how good the main plot is.

Sooo.... DERP.

Please refer to Luke EU, Vong series

or Darth Krayt, Sidious, or Vader.
<---LEGION OF SHADOWS--->
"Your future lies with us."
http://legionofshadowsguild.enjin.com/home

ProfessorWalsh
07.07.2012 , 07:55 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Eminok View Post
Please refer to Luke EU: Vong series

or Darth Krayt, Sidious, or Vader.

Luke did next to nothing in the Vong series.

Vergere was the Mary Sue of that one.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

Darth_Eminok
07.07.2012 , 07:58 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post

Luke did next to nothing in the Vong series.

Vergere was the Mary Sue of that one.
sorry... I meant to put a , in between Luke EU and Vong Series.

Edit: Fixed.
<---LEGION OF SHADOWS--->
"Your future lies with us."
http://legionofshadowsguild.enjin.com/home