Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2nd Boss in Mandalorian Raiders - Can't CC, Intentional?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
2nd Boss in Mandalorian Raiders - Can't CC, Intentional?

Zailou
12.19.2011 , 02:26 AM | #21
The bosses dont drop any loot but there is a chest behind them that has loot, just like the first boss.

khalid_rakesh
12.19.2011 , 02:46 AM | #22
My group wiped 3 times on this encounter, it indeed is very tough.

Our group was
26 corruption sorcerer healing (me)
22 Powertech dps
24 Jugg tank
25 sniper

Essentially I couldn't keep up on the healing and I would eventually run out of focus and we would wipe. The strategy that we had the most success with was burning down the boss without aggro, then getting the other 3 low in health, then killing them. However, we wiped the last time with the final two at 10% health. We probably could have gotten it eventually but the dead guys didnt respawn for the 4th attempt and we killed him.

This boss is MUCH MUCH tougher than the other bosses and should probably be brought in line with the other instances. It was clearly overly buffed from beta.

Anonymousy
12.19.2011 , 02:58 AM | #23
with me as jugg tank we used the order of:
knight > trooper > consular > smuggler
That was based on my experience from beta but it seems they were tuned a bit:
in beta the trooper kicked you back and casted full auto. haven't seen any of those two in life now.
also the jedi knight was impossible to keep aggro so i basically ignored him while the others burned him down. that way i could build up aggro on the other three and keep them most of the fight (with a bit of spot on occasion).

Zailou
12.19.2011 , 05:09 AM | #24
Having every group member above the recommended lvl24 also helps. I'd say good level for groups is 26

Vozj
12.19.2011 , 05:36 AM | #25
We did this yesterday in a PUG with a 24 Juggernaut, a 23 Sorceror (DPS), a 22 Merc, and a 23 IA Op (Heals).

We killed the Consular, then the Knight, then the Trooper, then the Smuggler. First try, no problems. Just need to communicate. Also, our healer did an epic job.

phfct
12.19.2011 , 05:44 AM | #26
I tanked this yesterday 26 tank 2 dps at 26 and a healer at 22 Mind you were experienced raiders. We managed it but was really messy

We killed the jumping jedi last, this is really a BAD idea he was al over the place.

But all-in-all wish all bosses had this degree of difficulty.
High till i Die

phfct
12.19.2011 , 05:46 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by khalid_rakesh View Post

This boss is MUCH MUCH tougher than the other bosses and should probably be brought in line with the other instances. It was clearly overly buffed from beta.

Dude they should bring all other bosses up to this leveling. Maybe you will learn something .
High till i Die

parnell
12.19.2011 , 07:29 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
Pretty much what the topic says. CC doesn't work on these guys at all.

Is that intended? I can see maybe on Hard mode but on normal it really becomes trial and error and a lot of luck to get past this encounter. Ran it twice and both runs had multiple wipes on this boss.

We did this with 2 level 27s (Sorc, Jug), a level 25 (Marauder) and a level 21 Mercenary Healer.... It was pretty rough... we wiped once...

here's what we did and it worked 'fairly' well...

Tank took both DPS characters (The gunner and the dual wielder), the maurader in our group took the other 2 mobs. we kept damage pretty even on all 4 throughout because each one you kill makes the others stronger so try to 'kill them' all at once.

the dual wielder chick kept kiting over to our sith sorc so the tank had to keep leaping over there and taunting. That mob bounces aggro all over... the trick is just using stuns, knock backs etc on her and then taunt her (which keeps her aggro for about 10 seconds). The gunner (dps mob) shoots at the tank as he chases the dual wielder but he stays positions for AE's.

I hope this helps you succeed in the future.
Tank Time!

Emptus
12.19.2011 , 11:48 AM | #29
When completing this flashpoint yesterday we went in with an admittedly sub-optimal group comp (my Guardian, 2 Seers and a Scoundrel) on the lower edge of the level range (22-26) and wiped several times on this fight before completing it.

Our initial strategy (which failed) was to burn them each down, but the damage buff that provided taxed our healing (all 3 of them) either proving unsustainable or unable to cope (OOM) with the increased damage output (tank death).

They all have aggro tables (except maybe the sith warrior but he's tauntable) and so I simply tanked all 4 in the center of the room with the occasional force-jump+ Taunt to pickup the warrior. We then DPSed them all to 5% and then killed them in rapid succession.

Definitely the most difficult boss fight I've encountered thus far (though the un-tankable first boss in MR was just freaking frustrating -- I ended spending most of that fight in Shien Form).

The bugged out chest after wiping 4 times was not cool though. Guess I'll have to run it again.
"In the face of evil, complacency is compliance."

Lunarhawk
12.19.2011 , 11:50 AM | #30
My group just gave up on it there after 4-5 attempts. Had sniper / assassin tps, juggernaut tank, and op healer. We couldn't do it at all level 25-27
we actually got really lucky and somehow bugged one of our attempts so when we lost it only reset to just the 2 troopers (we killed the jedi before)... then right as we attacked our healer lost connection so we lost our best chance and said **** it.

This fight is just too hard atm for the recommended levels, I might try it again at like... 40. Just to kick its dead body when im done.

As a sniper none of my stuns or knockbacks worked on any of the mobs i tried them on. Was pretty annoying. I think part of our difficulty was our tank only had a single target taunt and not aoe but who knows, might be easier with other group setups.