Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM EC now obsolete.

ElitehunterDS
07.06.2012 , 06:42 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Hxxr View Post
A. It's the most challenging content available right not.

B. In order to fully customize the looks of your gear you need Campaign items. They only drop in HM EC.

C. Only way to get Q61 weapons - especially interesting for dual wielding classes as they need the offhand drop too because Bioware forgot to put OH weapons up for sale.
Think about it for a second, with barrel and hilt free to move, they would need to add 61 weapon for everyone else on that vendor. You can already get a 61 hilt/barrel and move it to your main hand from the 2nd boss of EC HM.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

ShakesMcQueen
07.07.2012 , 12:00 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
Think about it for a second, with barrel and hilt free to move, they would need to add 61 weapon for everyone else on that vendor. You can already get a 61 hilt/barrel and move it to your main hand from the 2nd boss of EC HM.
If you're fortunate enough for it to drop. We've been doing HM Denova forever, and never had a 61 hilt/barrel drop.
Veteran - Sniper - Corellian Run
I can do the KESSLER RUN in less than 12 dubsteps.

Aurojiin
07.07.2012 , 12:11 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by ShakesMcQueen View Post
If you're fortunate enough for it to drop. We've been doing HM Denova forever, and never had a 61 hilt/barrel drop.
No, he means that for classes with moddable offhands you can take the unassembled Campaign drop from Firebrand/Stormcaller, extra the hilt/barrel, and place it in your mainhand.

ShakesMcQueen
07.07.2012 , 12:24 AM | #134
Oh my bad - I'm not that familiar with the random drops in the EC loot table. I assumed he meant F&S had a chance to drop a random lvl 61 barrel/hilt mod.
Veteran - Sniper - Corellian Run
I can do the KESSLER RUN in less than 12 dubsteps.

ArchangelLBC
07.07.2012 , 12:15 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
Knights/Warriors, Bounty Hunters, and Smugglers can do this. Everyone else would be better served grinding themselves a war hero weapon since 33 of a Primary stat is better 68 of a marginal secondary stat.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

dcgregorya
07.07.2012 , 12:55 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
The black hole gear is inferior to the campaign gear...
Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't but for BiS you generally need to at least mix different BH/Campaign stuff. In other words, mixing in BH will outperform pure Campaign.

Aurojiin
07.07.2012 , 01:50 PM | #137
Here's an example (based on current 1.3 BiS) of what a lightning Sorc can reasonably achieve without ever stepping foot into HM EC.

JacksonMo
07.08.2012 , 08:27 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Alastasia View Post
My guild has yet to clear HM EC. The new augments and black hole gear may help, but I tend to think skill and coordination are most important to raiding success. Execution trumps gear IMO. I could care less what someone is wearing when I see them. But if they are flossin a Nightscythe and have Infernal or Unyielding after their name, then I'm like, "oh damn!" Respect is there. That is where the status is, not the gear. Those symbols of success are what I and my guildies are striving for. I see a Warhero geared dude on fleet and think, "Meh, so he trudged slowly up a mountain. Big whoop." But I see a black speeder and it's, "Wow! That dude bashed down a wall, kicked in a door and went howling through!" So hardcore raiders, be proud of your accomplishments and care not what gear others can get.
Important, yes. But lets see you take eight new lvl 50 alts in blue modded gear and green trash drops through EV HM.
Not newbs, you can take the most skilled power gamers you can find. Just no gear better than blue, and it has to be Hard Mode.
Let me know how that turns out for ya!
Point is, there is a reason we have tier 1 and tier 2 flashpoints.
Take it from a healer who's seen blue recruit gear worn to Nightmare Pilgrim, GEAR MATTERS!

JacksonMo
07.08.2012 , 08:35 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
No, he means that for classes with moddable offhands you can take the unassembled Campaign drop from Firebrand/Stormcaller, extra the hilt/barrel, and place it in your mainhand.
It is worth noting that Scoundrels and Gaurdians can mod-rip the off hand weapons of 'slinger/sentinal to upgrade their mainhand if they are having no luck finding a main-hand drop.
I'm in full rakata with a partial set for my dps companion, and had to settle for a columni slinger off-hand from battle of illum after our last HM EV run another scoundrel won the roll for the rakata offhand and promptly quit the guild the same night.

inderraj
07.08.2012 , 11:03 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
A recent interview I saw said they were trying to increase difficulty more through coordination checks than gear checks. That they'll be able to get BH gear easily doesn't bother me much.

That they'll have deceptively good gear and then fail massively at story mode operations because they aren't well practiced at coordination checks will bother me quite a bit I imagine.
That last bit somes it up for me, it's not that it's easier to get but the fact that people with the iq of a peanut will have 61 gear and want to run everything and anything even though they don't have the common sense to do so. Ive been in groups with guys with 61 gear that can't even finnish kaon under siege because they have gear but nothing else. Quite annoying in my opinion.

This isn't a troll post just staying the obvious, this new easy to get BH comms have made a mockery out the gearing system....
The Red Ecplise || Solstice
Imperial: Level 55: Juggernaught (Thunder'storm) || Powertech (Akaal)
Republic: Level 55: Vanguard (Singh) || Shadow (Hail'Storm)