Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can you please move my character off of Taris?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Can you please move my character off of Taris?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Monterone
12.19.2011 , 02:27 AM | #1
I got almost all the way to the end of Imp Taris and gut stuck in some building looking for Lord Shaylin. Now I can't move at all, can't open any windows to untrack quests or remove map markers -- basically my character is unplayable.

I understand you guys are working to resolve the issue but can you please move my character from that location in the mean time so my time is not wasted?

Server: Helm of Graush
Character: Psion (sorcerer)

Thank you.
Simonette . Sominette
Pot5 > Harbinger

Chiramu
12.19.2011 , 02:29 AM | #2
It might be something with Taris :<, I am on Republic side, I finished the quests on Taris and I try to leave the planet and it lags and chugs and then the game closes itself.

I don't know what it is at all :< and I don't understand why my game just closes instead of just going to the character selection screen.

But lets hope it's just a bug with Taris and we can play our characters again , cause I love my smuggler! T_T

Vlondril
12.19.2011 , 02:34 AM | #3
I have had the EXACT same problem for three hours and no response. My character is in the same position also. It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't already completed my class quest and was ready to go to the next planet and continue leveling...

Monterone
12.19.2011 , 02:36 AM | #4
Never mind. I somehow got a good login and was able to move. I ran out of that building as quickly as I could. As soon as I got out of the building I was able to move freely and look into my log.

The building was The Crater Command Base and I was looking for Lord Shaythin for Routing the Republic quest. I did not see Shaythin at all on the minimap or inside the building -- it may be him missing that's causing an issue.
Simonette . Sominette
Pot5 > Harbinger

lrgshadow
12.19.2011 , 02:36 AM | #5
i have this issue. it keeps happening each time i try and log in to that character. but i can't even turn in the Class quest so i can freaking leave the planet for good.

popsicles
12.19.2011 , 02:40 AM | #6
I had seen people earlier in general chat briefly mentioning 'memory leak', but I had zero problems until about halfway through questing. Checked the forums and saw they're working on a fix, so I figured I'd try my hardest to untrack quests and minimap stuff while getting to a cantina. After 9 crashes I had a trusted family member log into the account, untrack all quests, and move me outside of town (Toxic Lake Garrison, Brell Sediment).

I log in and zero problems, aside from not being able to track anything.

Laevena
12.19.2011 , 02:42 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

We are aware of the issue on Taris and we are actively pursuing this case.

Please be advised that we are treating this as a very high priority issue and will be working to find a resolution until a satisfactory one is found.

There have been reports that untracking all missions and turning off all options in the map section of User Interface Preferences has resolved this issue for some people. This is a temporary workaround and may not fix the problem for all users.

If this workaround does not help you then please contact Customer Service via email from the support form on the Contact Customer Service page and include the key phrase "Stuck in Taris" in your email. We will move you off Taris upon your request.

We understand the frustration experienced by users affected by this issue assure you that the root cause of this problem will be eliminated.
Laevena | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Nihilat
12.19.2011 , 02:42 AM | #8
Exact same problem here too

Bennehmaru
12.19.2011 , 02:50 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by E8-P0 View Post
Greetings All,

We are aware of the issue on Taris and we are actively pursuing this case.

Please be advised that we are treating this as a very high priority issue and will be working to find a resolution until a satisfactory one is found.

There have been reports that untracking all missions and turning off all options in the map section of User Interface Preferences has resolved this issue for some people. This is a temporary workaround and may not fix the problem for all users.

If this workaround does not help you then please contact Customer Service via email from the support form on the Contact Customer Service page and include the key phrase "Stuck in Taris" in your email. We will move you off Taris upon your request.

We understand the frustration experienced by users affected by this issue assure you that the root cause of this problem will be eliminated.
Yeah thats great it's a temporary work around that is useless for the people who are experiencing extreme issues where we can't even port out and turn these options off.

My character has been stuck in the crater command post for nearly 2 days now, this is getting beyond a joke and I would appreciate a further answer than "We are looking in to it" as that's what has been said for the past 48 hours.

I also think that it was extremely bad customer service that you closed down the 114 page thread regarding this issue as you didn't want it to be seen.

popsicles
12.19.2011 , 02:54 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Bennehmaru View Post
Yeah thats great it's a temporary work around that is useless for the people who are experiencing extreme issues where we can't even port out and turn these options off.
This, but in the meantime what are we supposed to do until lv36 for the next planets? I know there are flashpoints & warzones to do, but I'm not too thrilled to potentially be doing both of those - constantly - from 34 to 36.