Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question 2

jarjarloves
07.06.2012 , 01:12 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Malrus View Post
No, I said it was part of a script. What I am saying is they rewrote parts for the script but the parts that were cut from the script were in the novel. So technically the parts that were taken out of the script don't exist. So in my eyes it isn't even counted as cannon. I just thought it might be a mind boggler for some people.
the film is the final version.

An example of this would be Shaak Ti

Originally she was suppsoed to die in ROTS. There are actually 2 different versions of her death. One was only in the script where Vader kills her in the Jedi Temple and the other was actually filmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l-44bYXlxE

Even though its a deleted scene it's not canon and thank god it's just an awful scene. Lucas's horrible writting at its worst.

Malrus
07.06.2012 , 02:13 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
the film is the final version.

An example of this would be Shaak Ti

Originally she was suppsoed to die in ROTS. There are actually 2 different versions of her death. One was only in the script where Vader kills her in the Jedi Temple and the other was actually filmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l-44bYXlxE

Even though its a deleted scene it's not canon and thank god it's just an awful scene. Lucas's horrible writting at its worst.
Exactly so I am right in saying that this extra dialogue in the book isn't canon since it was cut from the script because George decided he didn't like it.

Captain_Zone
07.06.2012 , 02:24 AM | #23
you know what i meant.

I mixed up one generic character for another.
LOL You crack me up.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

jarjarloves
07.06.2012 , 12:24 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Malrus View Post
Exactly so I am right in saying that this extra dialogue in the book isn't canon since it was cut from the script because George decided he didn't like it.
what dialogue are you referring to?

Malrus
07.07.2012 , 12:52 AM | #25
what dialogue are you referring to?
Wookiepedia quote: Early scripts of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith had additional dialogue during Dooku's death scene, after his wrists had been sliced off. Some of the cut portions of this scene can be seen in the Episode III novel and the comic adaptation. Some of this dialogue was removed because Christopher Lee felt that it was out of character for Dooku to beg Sidious for his life, and George Lucas ended up agreeing with him.