Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Splitting NM apart again in the next op?

Mynden
07.06.2012 , 09:35 PM | #1
So listening to the podcast with the lead devs for ops it was mentioned that the next raid is going to break nightmare mode from it again, which is not what I had been hearing earlier (it was just taking longer to design baseline tech).

So here's feedback. If it takes 3 months again, my guild won't make it. That's not a threat, I'm just telling you how it is. If holding back nightmare mode is your way to artificially extend content, your serious raiders are going to leave.

I've never made a thread like this saying OMG I QUIT IF I DON'T GET MY WAY. I likely will stay subbed, maybe we have enough left over for an 8 man, but I guarantee at least 30 percent of my guild will be gone and unsubbed.

Withholding content is not a valid way to extend content shelf life. If anything it makes you sick of it by the time you get nightmare out.
Use the link for free stuff (including a server transfer)
http://www.swtor.com/r/DMvJV3

ShakesMcQueen
07.06.2012 , 11:56 PM | #2
This is kind of true, unless nightmare mode for EC comes with significant changes to the fight mechanics. Just adding some extra health, extra hard hits, and one new mechanic to the same fights we've been doing for months, is not going to keep people around.
Veteran - Sniper - Corellian Run
I can do the KESSLER RUN in less than 12 dubsteps.

dominius
07.07.2012 , 12:26 AM | #3
The idea of staggering Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode is kind of cool if they actually design Nightmare Mode mechanics based on what people are doing in Hard Mode like they claimed during the podcast.

However, that only works if you release Nightmare Mode like a month, maybe two months after Hard Mode. I don't know of any raiding guild in this game that is not already losing raiders because of the lack of new content. And then there are the people who log on once a week just for raids. How long until they unsubscribe as well?

I'm hoping now that they have the server transfers done and the content-less patch of 1.3 done they will actually focus on new content and getting it out a lot faster than they have been.
Guildmaster of
Elitist Isolationists
Website | Forums | The Harbinger
Domineus || Malego || Trotsky || Ava'rus

Mynden
07.07.2012 , 11:05 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ShakesMcQueen View Post
This is kind of true, unless nightmare mode for EC comes with significant changes to the fight mechanics. Just adding some extra health, extra hard hits, and one new mechanic to the same fights we've been doing for months, is not going to keep people around.
After 3 months it won't really matter how much they change it, because the audience they are targeting (hardcore raiders) will be gone.
Use the link for free stuff (including a server transfer)
http://www.swtor.com/r/DMvJV3