Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kabeone
07.06.2012 , 07:10 PM | #421
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
You know who is optimally fitted for this week’s prompt? Agents! So naturally I made mine about my Warrior. And Agent.

Communication Breakdown – Said and Unsaid. A stressful trio of interactions for Ruth Niral. They are connected only by the fact that they coincided on the (not-fully-canon) story timeline and made Ruth wish that words could do more in the way of actually communicating stuff.

Sith Warrior Ruth and Imperial Agent Wynston. Spoilers for Imperial Agent Act 2 through Quesh and Sith Warrior’s Quinn romance (more or less) to the beginning of Act 3. 1300 words.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
I have a crush on Wynston, but I'm guessing all the girls do

bright_ephemera
07.06.2012 , 10:04 PM | #422
With apologies for the link chase, the updated (and ridiculously long) character index is located at the following links:

Authors A-G

Authors H-L

Authors M-Z

The listing of authors with their character names is here.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

elliotcat
07.06.2012 , 10:18 PM | #423
I've been loving the indices, and I thought you all might enjoy one done by character so you can review the stories of your favorites! (Not that I've been doing this...yum.)

bright_ephemera
Colran Niral and Dolarra: Health
Ruth Niral: Allies, Confessions (featuring Malavai Quinn)
Wynston: Culture Shock (featuring Kaliyo), Rites of Passage
Ruth Niral and Wynston: Allies, First Impressions, Communication Breakdown (featuring Malavai Quinn)

Crezelle
Blizz and Mako: Hidden Talent
Teumessia and Crezelle: First Impressions

Eanelinea
Draconia: Culture Shock (featuring Malavai Quinn), Allies (featuring Malavai Quinn and Vette)
Harriet: Allies (featuring Corso Riggs), Confessions (featuring Corso Riggs)
Melony and Eanelinea: Allies

Earthmama
Ardyth: Culture Shock (featuring Malavai Quinn), Allies (featuring Lieutenant Pierce)
Ava: First Impressions
Mitka: Rites of Passage (featuring Aric Jorgan)
Shiloh: Hidden Talent

elliotcat
Ayang Cardani: Allies (featuring Guss Tuno), Confessions (featuring Corso Riggs), Rites of Passage, First Impressions
Ayang and Meyali Cardani: Culture Shock, more Culture Shock
Ayang Cardani and Meenah: Allies

greyjedibp
Sarah Gery: Rites of Passage (featuring Kira Carsen)

iamthehoyden
Esma: Culture Shock (featuring Doc and Scourge), Hidden Talent (featuring Lord Scourge), Confessions (featuring Doc), Rites of Passage (featuring Kira and Lord Scourge), Health (featuring Lord Scourge), Communication Breakdown (featuring Lord Scourge)
Sana: Culture Shock (featuring Tanno Vik), Allies (featuring Aric Jorgan), First Impressions (featuring Aric Jorgan)
Sana and Esma: Allies

Jiating
Unnamed Sith Inquisitor: Culture Shock (featuring Khem Val)

kabeone

K'abe: Health (featuring the Trooper crew)
Lena: Rites of Passage
Malavai Quinn: Rites of Passage
Malavai Quinn and Lieutenant Pierce: First Impressions
Ninka: Allies (featuring the SW crew), Confessions (featuring Lieutenant Pierce), Confessions (featuring Lieutenant Pierce), Health (featuring Malavai Quinn)
Vette: Rites of Passage

Kalterien
Kasmarien: Culture Shock (featuring Elara Dorne)

Magdalane
Magdalane Chantalle: Allies (featuring Qyzen Fess)
Miriah Chantalle: Allies (featuring Corso Riggs) Confessions (featuring Akaavi Spar and Risha), Health (featuring Corso Riggs), Communication Breakdown (featuring Risha)
Maura and Miriah Chantalle: Culture Shock
Ensemble, Maura, Miriah, Magdalane, Sarai Chantalle: Culture Shock, Rites of Passage

Morgani
Adris Westan and Brei'yu Kodrevas: Allies, Confessions
Rendrik Poole and Ipha Kodrevas: First Impressions part 1, First Impressions part 2, First Impressions part 3
Adris, Vol'vikis, and Ellivian Westan: Rites of Passage (featuring Malavai Quinn)

Osetto
Ensemble, Tryn Atee, 'Bolts' O'plinty, Larus Noc, Chet Stardrifter: Culture Shock

RepublicGurl
Avacynne: Confessions
Eleya Shevani: Culture Shock, Allies (featuring Kira and Doc), Health
Esiri Vae: Rites of Passage

RodericHawker
Vreed: Health (featuring Corso Riggs and Risha)

Striges
Rixik and Kirya: Confessions (featuring Corso Riggs)
Rixik and Korjonos: Health, First Impressions
Sha'ra'zaed: Confessions (featuring Doctor Lokin)
Varrel Umrahiel: Rites of Passage (featuring Jaesa Wilsaam), Rites of Passage
Varrel Umrahiel and Xathras: Allies (featuring Vette)

Tatile
Amilia'n and Stion'n: Allies, Confessions, Rites of Passage
Rochester: Rites of Passage
Rochester and Broan: Culture Shock, Allies, Confessions, Rites of Passage, First Impressions, Health
Sylvia and Benedicta: Confessions

Please let me know if I've screwed up any of your links or character names.

This has been the most enjoyable group creative exercise I've had the pleasure of participating in since, well, high school, an unspecified number of years ago. I'm looking forward to more!
This is too awesome! I was thinking of doing something like this but for the life of me could NOT figure out a way to organize it. I'll add it to the archive.

I've also been having a ton of fun with this. I'm soooo glad I started it, I tend to chicken out when it comes to putting myself out there.

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

kabeone
07.07.2012 , 03:16 AM | #424
Communication Breakdown

Imperial Agent Vero and my JK turned bounty hunter Grey
In my JK story Grey talks about saving Vector's life.

This is what happens when you bring together a slew of people who shoot first and ask questions later.

Spoiler

Earthmama
07.07.2012 , 05:19 AM | #425
I've been loving the indices, and I thought you all might enjoy one done by character so you can review the stories of your favorites! (Not that I've been doing this...yum.)

bright_ephemera
Colran Niral and Dolarra: Health
Ruth Niral: Allies, Confessions (featuring Malavai Quinn)
Wynston: Culture Shock (featuring Kaliyo Djannis), Rites of Passage
Ruth Niral and Wynston: Allies, First Impressions, Communication Breakdown (featuring Malavai Quinn)

Crezelle
Blizz and Mako: Hidden Talent
Teumessia and Crezelle: First Impressions

Eanelinea
Draconia: Culture Shock (featuring Malavai Quinn), Allies (featuring Malavai Quinn and Vette)
Harriet: Allies (featuring Corso Riggs), Confessions (featuring Corso Riggs)
Melony and Eanelinea: Allies

Earthmama
Ardyth: Culture Shock (featuring Malavai Quinn), Allies (featuring Lieutenant Pierce)
Ava: First Impressions
Mitka: Rites of Passage (featuring Aric Jorgan)
Shiloh: Hidden Talent

elliotcat
Ayang Cardani: Allies (featuring Guss Tuno), Confessions (featuring Corso Riggs), Rites of Passage, First Impressions
Ayang and Meyali Cardani: Culture Shock, more Culture Shock
Ayang Cardani and Meenah: Allies

greyjedibp
Sarah Gery: Rites of Passage (featuring Kira Carsen)

iamthehoyden
Esma: Culture Shock (featuring Doc and Scourge), Hidden Talent (featuring Lord Scourge), Confessions (featuring Doc), Rites of Passage (featuring Kira and Lord Scourge), Health (featuring Lord Scourge), Communication Breakdown (featuring Lord Scourge)
Sana: Culture Shock (featuring Tanno Vik), Allies (featuring Aric Jorgan), First Impressions (featuring Aric Jorgan)

Jiating
Unnamed Sith Inquisitor: Culture Shock (featuring Khem Val)

kabeone

K'abe: Health (featuring the Trooper crew)
Lena: Rites of Passage
Malavai Quinn: Rites of Passage
Malavai Quinn and Lieutenant Pierce: First Impressions
Ninka: Allies (featuring the SW crew), Confessions (featuring Lieutenant Pierce), Confessions (featuring Lieutenant Pierce), Health (featuring Malavai Quinn)
Vette: Rites of Passage

Kalterien
Kasmarien: Culture Shock (featuring Elara Dorne)

Magdalane
Magdalane Chantalle: Allies (featuring Qyzen Fess)
Miriah Chantalle: Allies (featuring Corso Riggs) Confessions (featuring Akaavi Spar and Risha), Health (featuring Corso Riggs), Communication Breakdown (featuring Risha)
Maura and Miriah Chantalle: Culture Shock
Ensemble, Maura, Miriah, Magdalane, Sarai Chantalle: Culture Shock, Rites of Passage

Morgani
Adris Westan and Brei'yu Kodrevas: Allies, Confessions
Rendrik Poole and Ipha Kodrevas: First Impressions part 1, First Impressions part 2, First Impressions part 3
Adris, Vol'vikis, and Ellivian Westan: Rites of Passage (featuring Malavai Quinn)

Osetto
Ensemble, Tryn Atee, 'Bolts' O'plinty, Larus Noc, Chet Stardrifter: Culture Shock

RepublicGurl
Avacynne: Confessions
Eleya Shevani: Culture Shock, Allies (featuring Kira and Doc), Health
Esiri Vae: Rites of Passage

RodericHawker
Vreed: Health (featuring Corso Riggs and Risha)

Striges
Rixik and Kirya: Confessions (featuring Corso Riggs)
Rixik and Korjonos: Health, First Impressions
Sha'ra'zaed: Confessions (featuring Doctor Lokin)
Varrel Umrahiel: Rites of Passage (featuring Jaesa Wilsaam), Rites of Passage
Varrel Umrahiel and Xathras: Allies (featuring Vette)

Tatile
Amilia'n and Stion'n: Allies, Confessions, Rites of Passage
Rochester: Rites of Passage
Rochester and Broan: Culture Shock, Allies, Confessions, Rites of Passage, First Impressions, Health
Sylvia and Benedicta: Confessions

Please let me know if I've screwed up any of your links or character names.

This has been the most enjoyable group creative exercise I've had the pleasure of participating in since, well, high school, an unspecified number of years ago. I'm looking forward to more!
So good! Only thing is that Ava's Confessions story featuring Mako and Torian is listed under republicgurl and not me.

Morgani
07.07.2012 , 08:49 AM | #426
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
This is too awesome! I was thinking of doing something like this but for the life of me could NOT figure out a way to organize it. I'll add it to the archive.

I've also been having a ton of fun with this. I'm soooo glad I started it, I tend to chicken out when it comes to putting myself out there.
Wow, thanks Bright! I'm the most disorganized person in the world so aside from my DVDs being in alphabetical order, I can never find anything faster than a 10 minute search.

Here's the last part of First Impressions. I love writing dialogue, so I seriously could have gone on for for another 5 pages. Poole, Ipha and Havoc, wrapping it up.

Spoiler

Author's Note

Spoiler
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

iamthehoyden
07.07.2012 , 10:46 AM | #427

iamthehoyden
Holy crap, I really need to branch out, lol. Where's the Scourge support group again?
(And thank you for putting this together, I'm a rereader, so this is awesome!)
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

iamthehoyden
07.07.2012 , 11:05 AM | #428
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
Here's the last part of First Impressions. I love writing dialogue, so I seriously could have gone on for for another 5 pages. Poole, Ipha and Havoc, wrapping it up.

Author's Note
Spoiler
Ooo good stuff!! And I like the ending, it felt right.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Magdalane
07.07.2012 , 11:40 AM | #429
I thought the ending was just right!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

GhostriderHawk
07.07.2012 , 12:58 PM | #430
Weekly Challenge: Communication Breakdown

Jedi Knight Sala-mun (Sentinel) and Doc
No Spoilers

Title: Disconnected

Spoiler

Author's Note

Spoiler