Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taral V Final Boss

Mossesman
12.18.2011 , 04:32 PM | #1
Whats the tactic to beating this guy? He always seems to enrage when we get to the 2nd droid phase and he pretty much 2 shots us.
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow

Anthya
12.18.2011 , 05:29 PM | #2
Your DPS is too low. Simple as that.

Presmer
12.18.2011 , 05:29 PM | #3
I experienced this as well. I think either our group's DPS was too low, or the encounter is bugged somehow. Although it is possible there is some mechanic we were not aware of, but if there was, it wasn't apparent.

ThePoomz
12.18.2011 , 08:14 PM | #4
Tried this boss with 33 Guardian, 32 Guardian, 33 Gunslinger, 34 Sage. We got him down to 3% at one point. You basically need to just DPS the hell out of him. Ignore the robots and give him everything you can. The longer he lasts the more DPS he's going to dish out when hes enraged. We're going to give this another shot at a higher level. Died about 15 times to this guy. No fun.

Zaikrem
12.18.2011 , 09:20 PM | #5
^If you ignore the robots they'll put a stacking damage increase debuff on you all. Kill the robots, then zerg him as quickly as you can.

Songstorm
12.19.2011 , 01:31 AM | #6
Easily done once you have the strat.

Just kidding. We think he's REALLY bugged. Probably with the enrage timer.

For now tho... World first? lol! BIG Thanks to Rethen, Betomenov, and Vinotra. We tried... everything... to get him down.

http://songstorm.net/raids/edikar.jpg

and the achieve

http://songstorm.net/raids/edikar-chieve.jpg

We kited him several rooms away and just dps'd him down. Killed his droids after he died.
Why no MonCal playable character love?
Incept 10-08 : Squadron 11-11-11 : Shadowfire Represent! : CE VIP BMOC OMG WTH BBQ?
Jerik - Founder of Ascension - Begeren Colony

Anthya
12.19.2011 , 02:28 AM | #7
We killed him a few days ago without any kiting or ********.

Just required pushing our DPS as hard as it could go to kill the droids and get back on him.

This was with a group of 31's.

Mossesman
12.19.2011 , 05:33 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Anthya View Post
We killed him a few days ago without any kiting or ********.

Just required pushing our DPS as hard as it could go to kill the droids and get back on him.

This was with a group of 31's.
So the boss is essentially a DPS race? That makes sense, we got him down to about 10% once when he wiped us.

Think hes bugged though, his enrage timers were all over the place.
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow

Kagato_Muyo
12.19.2011 , 09:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mossesman View Post
So the boss is essentially a DPS race? That makes sense, we got him down to about 10% once when he wiped us.

Think hes bugged though, his enrage timers were all over the place.
It's not exactly a dps race, it's about getting lucky and forcing him to "reload" (summons droids) before he enrages, that way you can burn him down without much worry.

An enrage timer would be really helpful here.
"I play my Sniper Agent as a Jungler, I max my ambush first so I can take out the enemy carry with tons of damage."

gerokz
12.19.2011 , 09:53 PM | #10
I have done this place twice and had no issue with this boss. all you have to do is interrupt him its as simple as that.