Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for July 13th Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for July 13th Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

07.06.2012 , 02:18 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello and welcome to the official Q&A thread for questions to be answered for the July 13th, 2012 Q&A blog post.

As a reminder, we’ll be starting up a weekly Q&A blog series in which we will select questions from the community and post answers to them every Friday. We’ll have the next set of answers next week on July 13th, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!

Please use this thread to ask your question (one per community member, so make it count!). On Monday at 2PM CDT (8PM BST/9PM CEST/5AM AEST), we will close this thread, select the questions, and get answers to them for Friday’s blog post.

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:
  1. Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
  2. Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
  3. Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
  4. This should go without saying, but be respectful.
  5. Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
  6. And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

As development plans are always subject to change, questions about future features will often get vague answers which can be repetitive and sometimes annoying. With that in mind, the development team is more interested in questions about current in-game features or systems, or questions about why development decisions were made. You’re still welcome to ask questions about future features and we’ll continue to answer them where appropriate – just expect the occasional ‘soon.’

Any other posts apart from questions in the thread will be removed.

With that being said, please ask away!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

07.06.2012 , 03:16 PM | #2
Background: I currently have 4 lv 50 characters I have done the republic and imperial stories and while I enjoy the class stories each time around found the second play through of the world stories not as much fun as the original. I am currently holding off a new character or working through too much end game content because I would rather play a more alien species like Kel'dor or Gran and if they become avaliable will recreate and lose everything I have done on my current characters and would want to experiance the class story fresh for my new characters. I dont want a Catahr but if that is the only measure of getting a new species will create one.

Question: If Cathar are a sucess how long will we have to wait before we know what other species will be introduced and how long before they are playable on the main servers.

07.06.2012 , 03:33 PM | #3
Is there any chance of implementing space PVP?

07.06.2012 , 03:34 PM | #4
Are there any plans to expand the legacy family tree to include other players? It would be great to - for instance - be siblings with another guildmate and connect the 2 legacies together in one larger tree. As it stands right now, a maximum of 8 people in legacy tree looks fairly minimalistic.

07.06.2012 , 03:39 PM | #5
Question 1: Has there been consideration for other players' storylines to intersect with yours?

07.06.2012 , 03:48 PM | #6
Any chance we could see some quality of life improvements for crafting patterns on the GTN? Like the the ability to filter out patterns I already know. There are so many patterns on the GTN these days (which is awesome) but it takes awhile to go find the ones I'm looking for and then check to make sure I don't already know it.
Imperial Entanglements: A SWTOR Parody Web Comic

07.06.2012 , 03:50 PM | #7
Would the design decisions which went into the character creation process prevent the devs from going back and upgrading the way that works, or is it possible we'll see the character creation upgraded to be on par with most other MMOs (such as Star Trek, APB, Second Life, City of Heroes, Guild Wars 2, etc.)?

(I mean really, in the great Wars vs. Trek debate, can we really live with giving them such a huge one-up over SWTOR?!? )
R.I.P. .

07.06.2012 , 03:52 PM | #8
Q1: Would there be a possible option to change an existing character to Cathar upon release of the playable specie? (as in, for the first week an account can select up to 3 chars per server to change species in celebration of the patch OR we can get a first free species change and the rest can be paid for, etc) I know that cathar are one of my favorite races, next to selonians, and I REALLY wanted to make my main a cathar but because they were not playable, I had to make a zabrak and twi'lek instead. I rather not have to start over on whole new server to play a cathar for the sake of being a cathar that I will never play again.
All assassins had a full-length mirror in their rooms, because it would be a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you were badly dressed. -- Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett

07.06.2012 , 03:53 PM | #9
What is the status of open world pvp? It would seem logical that high ranking members of each faction would want to support their faction more that just playing for FIFA gold cups (hutball). Where are the Bounties for Bounty Hunters to play their class?

07.06.2012 , 03:56 PM | #10
Just one question.

"Why have you broken the Shadow/Assassin class?"

Numbers wise it hasn't been brought in line with other tanks.

It has effectively made the class unwanted in group play especially.

And the DPS on the infil/deception Trees isnt in line with other classes either.