Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deaths that could have easily been avoided

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Deaths that could have easily been avoided

Aurbere
07.06.2012 , 10:47 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Shotgonius View Post
Lets get back on topic
I forget. What's the topic again?
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

jarjarloves
07.06.2012 , 11:08 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Well for the lightsabers thing, it seems to me the jedi always hold down the button so why would they be able to turn off the saber if the button is held down?

With the sane human thing, they weren't Bail wasn't, Padme wasn't, a good number of senators who were conspiring against Palpatine weren't convinced.

Their only hope....Luke was their only hope at the time being that Leia hadn't been made aware of her force sensitivity nor trained in any shape or form.

Dooku believed up until the very end, that he was going to be saved. Even if Palpatine said to kill him, that could have been just another lure to pull Anakin closer to the darkside but even then Dooku didn't have time to say anything.

Learning the secret to save life, it doesn't need to be shown because it was a lie to begin with.

As for Palpatine's being able to see into the future, it is always in motion he can't be correct 100% of the time no not even him he can however be correct most of the time.

Not sure how the lightsaber forms are a plothole...

How does R2D2 know that Anakin fell to the darkside? He was only with him when he went to mustafar, and even then he stayed with his ship other then that theres no instances of R2 with Anakin being darkside.

R2's rocket launcher.....think he is talking about the jets, and how does he know that they were removed? Just because they weren't used in EP 4-6 doesn't mean he doesn't have them, he just never needed to use them.
------

Really all you need to do is just think about them.
couple things

If a if you look at where they hold the light sabers they dont' hold the button. They could also just use the force to rip it out of their hands or do any number of things to distrupt the lightsaber.

The fact that no one not even Padme said "Hey why are we trusting this guy who wants to keep all the power to himself and create a galactic empire where he is in charge and kill all the jedi? Shouldn't we find out what really happen? Oh we are just going to trust what he says even though the Jedi have probablly saved everyone more times then we can count and have never once been shown to act like he is describing"

If it was really a democracy they would have had a trial or an investigatory comity to see if what Papapentine said was true.

Obi Wan says Luke is the last hope. But Yoda says there is another which is obviously Leia. HOWEVER they both know that Darth Vader has her and Luke is trying to rescue her. So how is she the other hope if she is going to die UNLESS Luke goes to save her.

R2D2's rockets would have been handy on Degobah to get off the ship with out having to go in the swamp water.

Really R2D2 is a huge jerk. He also pushes C3PO in AotC so he falls on the conveyor belt and doesn't even bother to save him. He does it with out caring what is going to happen to his friend.

Wolfninjajedi
07.06.2012 , 11:18 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
couple things

If a if you look at where they hold the light sabers they dont' hold the button. They could also just use the force to rip it out of their hands or do any number of things to distrupt the lightsaber.

The fact that no one not even Padme said "Hey why are we trusting this guy who wants to keep all the power to himself and create a galactic empire where he is in charge and kill all the jedi? Shouldn't we find out what really happen? Oh we are just going to trust what he says even though the Jedi have probablly saved everyone more times then we can count and have never once been shown to act like he is describing"

If it was really a democracy they would have had a trial or an investigatory comity to see if what Papapentine said was true.

Obi Wan says Luke is the last hope. But Yoda says there is another which is obviously Leia. HOWEVER they both know that Darth Vader has her and Luke is trying to rescue her. So how is she the other hope if she is going to die UNLESS Luke goes to save her.

R2D2's rockets would have been handy on Degobah to get off the ship with out having to go in the swamp water.

Really R2D2 is a huge jerk. He also pushes C3PO in AotC so he falls on the conveyor belt and doesn't even bother to save him. He does it with out caring what is going to happen to his friend.
1. They could, but they never do because they always jump straight into fighting.

2. Padme didn't trust Palpatine anyway, and it wasn't really a democracy when he took over and really it seemed that most of the politicians were stupid or really didn't care one way or the other, just as long as the war ended and that everything severed their best interests.

3. Yes they do know, but it was Lando that rescused Chewie and Leia not Luke. Luke didn't even need to go to Bespin, remember how

"But Han and Leia will die if I don't."

"You don't know that, even Yoda cannot see their fate."

4. I always looked at it like this, R2 wasn't in any danger in the swamp. So he would get a little dirty, thats nothing really compared to the factory where he would have been dismantled or melted down or what have you.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

jarjarloves
07.06.2012 , 11:30 AM | #74
1. They could, but they never do because they always jump straight into fighting.

2. Padme didn't trust Palpatine anyway, and it wasn't really a democracy when he took over and really it seemed that most of the politicians were stupid or really didn't care one way or the other, just as long as the war ended and that everything severed their best interests.

3. Yes they do know, but it was Lando that rescused Chewie and Leia not Luke. Luke didn't even need to go to Bespin, remember how

"But Han and Leia will die if I don't."

"You don't know that, even Yoda cannot see their fate."

4. I always looked at it like this, R2 wasn't in any danger in the swamp. So he would get a little dirty, thats nothing really compared to the factory where he would have been dismantled or melted down or what have you.
1. yeah and if you are in a fight for your life you would use the force. I mean Obi Wan should have been able to use the force to hold Grevious still and slice his head off.

2. It was still a democracy when he had emergancy powers remember they still had commites and everything else. Speaking off major plot holes why is it that JarJar was allowed to submit the legislation to give Palpenine emergancy power in the first place????

3. No Lando did not save them it was R2D2 who saved them and he came with Luke. If Luke and R2 never came then as soon as the MF took off it would have been stoped by a SD because it didn't have working Hyper drive.

4. I kind of imagine that falling into a swamp that you have no idea how deep it is or even if he could get out would be a major problem. Not to mention he is still a droid that runs on electricty and getting water on any kind of electric device is never a good thing.

Wolfninjajedi
07.06.2012 , 11:40 AM | #75
1. yeah and if you are in a fight for your life you would use the force. I mean Obi Wan should have been able to use the force to hold Grevious still and slice his head off.

2. It was still a democracy when he had emergancy powers remember they still had commites and everything else. Speaking off major plot holes why is it that JarJar was allowed to submit the legislation to give Palpenine emergancy power in the first place????

3. No Lando did not save them it was R2D2 who saved them and he came with Luke. If Luke and R2 never came then as soon as the MF took off it would have been stoped by a SD because it didn't have working Hyper drive.

4. I kind of imagine that falling into a swamp that you have no idea how deep it is or even if he could get out would be a major problem. Not to mention he is still a droid that runs on electricty and getting water on any kind of electric device is never a good thing.
1. He could, but how do we know that Grevious wouldn't have pulled a cheap move like he always did? He probably would have still been able to move.

2. Whats wrong with Jarjar? He grew up, as to why he was elected to suggest giving Palpatine emergency powers does that really matter? He would have gotten them anyway, even if it was a different senator.

3. He did save them, up until they got into the falcon and yes R2 did also save them. But Luke did not, he was hanging by a weather vain in pain.

4. He seemed to have been well covered up so as no water could actually get into his systems.

Anyway, gonna stop here because this thread is already gone off track for so long.

jarjarloves
07.06.2012 , 11:51 AM | #76
1. He could, but how do we know that Grevious wouldn't have pulled a cheap move like he always did? He probably would have still been able to move.

2. Whats wrong with Jarjar? He grew up, as to why he was elected to suggest giving Palpatine emergency powers does that really matter? He would have gotten them anyway, even if it was a different senator.

3. He did save them, up until they got into the falcon and yes R2 did also save them. But Luke did not, he was hanging by a weather vain in pain.

4. He seemed to have been well covered up so as no water could actually get into his systems.

Anyway, gonna stop here because this thread is already gone off track for so long.
1. Grevious can't use the force. He has four arms all with light sabers. Obi Wan has the force and he only has one lightsaber. There is nothing Grevious could do to prevent Obi wan from using the force to rip his arms off. Seeing as Grevious is more robotic then organic that wouldn't be a darkside thing etiher.

2. Jarjar ISN"T a senator so how can he try to pass major legislation? If one of my states senators is sick I can't go in and sub for him and try to pass laws. Even if he says it's ok. If that were possible holding a seat in the senate would be meaningless.

3. No he didn't save them. If he had been able to escape a Star Destroyer with R2 D2 then he would have saved them but he couldn't. So he didn't save anyone. There is no way the MF could have outrun a SD with out Hyper drive. We know this.

If you can Explain how if Luke didn't go to Cloud CIty would Leia have escaped?

4. but it does remember he spits it out. I could wade across a river in the Amazon but i don't because I don't know whats down there. If I had a choice between wading across a river in the Amazon or using a Jet pack to fly across it I would obviously use the jetpack.

Wolfninjajedi
07.06.2012 , 12:00 PM | #77
1. Grevious can't use the force. He has four arms all with light sabers. Obi Wan has the force and he only has one lightsaber. There is nothing Grevious could do to prevent Obi wan from using the force to rip his arms off. Seeing as Grevious is more robotic then organic that wouldn't be a darkside thing etiher.

2. Jarjar ISN"T a senator so how can he try to pass major legislation? If one of my states senators is sick I can't go in and sub for him and try to pass laws. Even if he says it's ok. If that were possible holding a seat in the senate would be meaningless.

3. No he didn't save them. If he had been able to escape a Star Destroyer with R2 D2 then he would have saved them but he couldn't. So he didn't save anyone. There is no way the MF could have outrun a SD with out Hyper drive. We know this.

If you can Explain how if Luke didn't go to Cloud CIty would Leia have escaped?

4. but it does remember he spits it out. I could wade across a river in the Amazon but i don't because I don't know whats down there. If I had a choice between wading across a river in the Amazon or using a Jet pack to fly across it I would obviously use the jetpack.
1. Point taken, but the fact of it is. Obi-Wan didn't do that.

2. Your right he was a representative, and he acted in her stead by suggesting the emergency powers.

3. Yes Lando saved Chewie and Leia from the stormtroopers, and lead them to the Falcon and R2 saved all of them by getting the hyperdrive to work. Luke didn't save them though personally, thats what I am saying because you said if Luke didn't go to Bespin he wouldn't have saved his friends. He didn't save them, Lando/R2 were the ones that did.

4. Ok ya am remembering that scene, but R2 isn't just some dinky little piece of technology probably would take a lot more then some dirty water to mess up his systems.

Ok now I am honestly done with this, don't wanna derail the topic any further.

Jadolerr
07.06.2012 , 03:14 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Erudain View Post
Most stupid dead was Padme's....WTH??? the lady was weak for a natural childbirth and in the fricking future they don't have anesthesics or know Caesarean section?

Also Obi and Yoda are surprised when the robot tells them "she is carrying twins"...WTH they also don't have echographies?

She died from a broken heart, which really can happen in real life.
Remember, the force will be with you, always...
[≈[(((((((((╚[◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘>

Shotgonius
07.06.2012 , 03:43 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadolerr View Post
She died from a broken heart, which really can happen in real life.
Padme died because of a metaphorical broken heart.
In real life, people can due to literal broken hearts.

jarjarloves
07.06.2012 , 06:49 PM | #80
1. Point taken, but the fact of it is. Obi-Wan didn't do that.

2. Your right he was a representative, and he acted in her stead by suggesting the emergency powers.

3. Yes Lando saved Chewie and Leia from the stormtroopers, and lead them to the Falcon and R2 saved all of them by getting the hyperdrive to work. Luke didn't save them though personally, thats what I am saying because you said if Luke didn't go to Bespin he wouldn't have saved his friends. He didn't save them, Lando/R2 were the ones that did.

4. Ok ya am remembering that scene, but R2 isn't just some dinky little piece of technology probably would take a lot more then some dirty water to mess up his systems.

Ok now I am honestly done with this, don't wanna derail the topic any further.
2. but thats just it a represenative can't act as a senator. It would make no sense.

3. yeah I'm not saying He didn't get them onto the falcon. I"m saying with out R2 they could have never escaped. Remember R2 was with Luke so if Luke didn't go R2 would have never been able to save them and Leia would still be captured. So when they say there is another the other is already captured.

4. yeah but its one of those times where you would use something like that.

Then the other plotholes like how come when they where trying to kill Padme instead of sending in death worms why not just fire a rocket into the room as soon as the window was open and kill her.