Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Earthmama
07.06.2012 , 06:33 AM | #411
Kabeone I knew there was a reason I loved you!!!! That was gold!

Ugh I am drawing such a blank for Health!!

Striges
07.06.2012 , 08:09 AM | #412
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
I know I've posted 2 other stories this week but I couldn't help this one.

I wrote this part as the ending to R and R and Quinn in my longer story about my JK. I edited it out because it kind of didn't fit the tone. But it fit's the "Health" theme and my theme of being really mean to Quinn in this thread.

Health
SW Ninka
Side Effects May Include
Spoiler
Oh dear. This is hilarious. Make me want to write up the strip-pazaak game I figure Vette runs weekly on my ship while my SW isn't there.

I have a submission for "First Impressions" to post this afternoon. It's the first meeting of my BH and my friend's agent, so I want him to preview it before making it public.

elliotcat
07.06.2012 , 10:03 AM | #413
Aww, thanks for the compliments, everyone! I'm glad it turned out ok. I agree with you, Bright; Risha is...odd. Ayang is pretty laid-back when it comes down to it and that's why she ends up going along with Risha. In the end I "get" why they're friends. And Morgani, I totally thought about having Corso show up and be all sad for missing the girlfight, but I kinda liked just focusing on the two girls. fwiw I figure he said something about it later and they both chewed him out for it. I think they initally bonded by picking on him, both for being the only guy on the ship and for being younger than both of them.

Kabeone, I barely play my SW since moving servers, but poor Quinn! I'd love to see that actually happen to him, he really needs to loosen up.

I hope everyone is staying safe from the heat though. Our heat index here is supposed to get to 110 today, yikes!! The real Elliot has been lying on the floor looking all pitiful all week, but he also does that when he's jealous, when he wants attention, etc. He's weird.

It's Friday, new prompt time!! But you can still post other stuff if you have it for the health/first impressions. I might post health later; I have a lot of ideas.

7/6/12 - Communication Breakdown - Trying to communicate with each other when things are going well is hard enough, but our characters have plenty of other things that can get in the way. Bad com channels, language barriers, broken holo feeds - all those can mess up a conversation. Not to mention people who just plain don't understand each other...

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

iamthehoyden
07.06.2012 , 11:08 AM | #414
Communication Breakdown

On Faith Alone
JK (minor Scourge story spoilers) continuing the Esma/Scourge saga......
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
07.06.2012 , 12:50 PM | #415
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Communication Breakdown

On Faith Alone
JK (minor Scourge story spoilers) continuing the Esma/Scourge saga......
eeeeeeeeeeee

Striges
07.06.2012 , 05:39 PM | #416
For the prompt “First Impressions”

Title: An Alliance of Convenience

Characters: Rixik, male Twi’lek mercenary, Korjonos, male Chiss sniper

Spoilers for both IA and BH Hutta class stories. If you made it past level 5 on those classes you’re fine.

This is the same pair from "Recreational Pharma", though those events are later. My bounty hunter is Rixik, the agent here belongs to my friend. We play together all the time, so I imagined this is how these two characters met. I had the idea knocking around for a while; took the prompt to get me to write it out. Language does play a role, and I suppose I could have submitted it for "Communication Breakdown" instead, but I think it fits the other prompt better.

Did run a bit long for this thread, 2000+ words.

Spoiler

Magdalane
07.06.2012 , 05:54 PM | #417
Communication Breakdown

Spoiler
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

iamthehoyden
07.06.2012 , 06:21 PM | #418
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
Communication Breakdown

Spoiler
Lol, I love that the girls are pet hunting.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
07.06.2012 , 07:00 PM | #419
You know who is optimally fitted for this week’s prompt? Agents! So naturally I made mine about my Warrior. And Agent.

Communication Breakdown – Said and Unsaid. A stressful trio of interactions for Ruth Niral. They are connected only by the fact that they coincided on the (not-fully-canon) story timeline and made Ruth wish that words could do more in the way of actually communicating stuff.

Sith Warrior Ruth and Imperial Agent Wynston. Spoilers for Imperial Agent Act 2 through Quesh and Sith Warrior’s Quinn romance (more or less) to the beginning of Act 3. 1300 words.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
07.06.2012 , 07:03 PM | #420
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
Communication Breakdown

Spoiler
Oh. Oh, I giggled hard.

Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
For the prompt “First Impressions”

Title: An Alliance of Convenience

Characters: Rixik, male Twi’lek mercenary, Korjonos, male Chiss sniper
I am really liking these two. I like the worldbuilding details you put in - the drugs from a previous prompt, the accent ID and weaponry details here.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.