Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic Official Podcast Episode II

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic Official Podcast Episode II
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
07.06.2012 , 09:45 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone! My name is Eric Musco and I, along with Brooks Guthrie are happy to bring you episode two of the official Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ podcast, “Nightmare Mode”. You can listen by using the embedded player, by downloading and listening on your preferred MP3 player, by subscribing and listening on iTunes or check it out on our YouTube channel.

In episode two, we sit down with Jesse Sky and George Smith to talk about the design philosophy behind some of our existing Operations and what the future of Operations and Flashpoints looks like for SWTOR, including Nightmare mode. We also talk with William Wallace about some of the great new character perks that you can unlock through the Legacy system now that Game Update 1.3 is live.

Thanks for listening!

Read More
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

MillionsKNives
07.06.2012 , 11:50 AM | #2
For the youtube video, did it sound like the guy was in the middle of a sentence when it ended for anyone else? He was talking about the new location teleports and how you may only want one...and then silence.

nezitx
07.06.2012 , 12:15 PM | #3
I like these, but it sounded like this was recorded before 1.3 came out. That sort of kills the buzz and excitement of hearing about something new, because it's not new any more. Wouldn't it be better for business to release something like this a week before 1.3?
Nezy - 50 Marauder (main)
Nez - 50 Operative (alt)
Nezix - First 50 Sorcerer on Vrook Lamar. (retired)

ArchangelLBC
07.06.2012 , 12:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by nezitx View Post
I like these, but it sounded like this was recorded before 1.3 came out. That sort of kills the buzz and excitement of hearing about something new, because it's not new any more. Wouldn't it be better for business to release something like this a week before 1.3?
That was my thoughts exactly. Exhortations to play on the PTS are kinda moot if the podcast doesn't release till after the patch. I understand that this was probably a time constraint issue, and goodness knows I'm glad they didn't delay the patch just so they could release a podcast talking about, but something to consider going forward.

Part of me is kinda sad that they're shelving more complex concepts like Soa for the time being, but the other part of me remembers how buggy Soa can be and then I'm not as sad.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

pure_laced
07.06.2012 , 12:59 PM | #5
I would like to thank the Dev team for mentioning our guild in the podcast, without mentioning our guild name. It was very rewarding to know that you guys were watching our PTS streams for 1.2, and even giving us nudges in the right direction as we were learning the mechanics of those fights. It was also rewarding that the mechanics changed the next few days after our stream conversation with regards to the knockback from Z&T hitting everyone. Again, thanks!

With that said...

While most of the community will thank you for the insight about Nightmare, etc we still don't have an estimation on when it will be released. The state of end game raiding for your selected few guilds that push through progression is pretty bleak because there is a lack of difficult content we can cut our teeth into. Guilds are falling apart as people move onto other games, with several top tier guilds quitting completely and went back to WoW.

If we have to continue to wait months for new content, or even Nightmare content, more guilds will fall to the wayside and you will be left with the handful of guilds to test this content, and a majority of lesser skilled players that will complain the content is too hard. Sorry if anyone finds this offensive, I call it as I see it. All the server merges did was delay the exodus for a little while longer, but unless something is released "soon", or a timeline is released, it will continue to be the downfall in end game raiding.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Calebzor
07.06.2012 , 01:02 PM | #6
Yeah the youtube video is borked, it is not the full version. Eric, you guys need to re upload that, and make sure all of it is up. Or is it some youtube account related restrictions?

I'm rather surprised this got buy you considering that you have recorded this weeks ago.

adamqd
07.06.2012 , 01:18 PM | #7
I haven't listened yet, but I assume it will be Bio-bias opinion coming from the hosts, they are on the payroll after all.

community/member.php?u=495
Need more inter-faction interaction! Come on, its an MMO!

AllisonBerryman
07.06.2012 , 01:19 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Calebzor View Post
Yeah the youtube video is borked, it is not the full version. Eric, you guys need to re upload that, and make sure all of it is up.
Thanks for letting us know - we actually noticed this, too, and are getting it fixed ASAP!

Jesira
07.06.2012 , 01:58 PM | #9
Yeah, ya'll should consider doing these before an update comes out and not after.

Talkarr
07.06.2012 , 01:58 PM | #10
Really great podcast!
Although i'm a little disappointed about the fact this was recorded pre-1.3. All the talk about legacy perks were pretty much useless since, well, we've all seen them ingame now.
Collectors Edition holder!