Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The time line between trilogies dose not seem to fit....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The time line between trilogies dose not seem to fit....

TKMaster
07.05.2012 , 05:00 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by cyberfreaq View Post
According to wookiepedia, Obi was 57 years old in A New Hope.
When ANH was filmed, Alec Guinness was 63 years old (1977 the movie and he was born in 1914).

So it really is not that much of a difference between the 63 years old actor and the 57 years old character. So it is true that some people may look older than their age.

ROTS took place in 19 BBY, meaning that Obi was 38 years old.
When ROTS was filmed, Ewan McGregor was 34 years old at the time (2005 the movie and he was born in 1971).

Again, there is not much of a difference between the age of the actor and the age of the character.
Also remeber there wasnt a culture of cosmetic surgery in english film like now, Sir Guinness looked like a 63 year old actor did in those days.

Liquidacid
07.06.2012 , 01:26 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by snoopdogbaby View Post
Obi-Wan was, according to wookiepedia, born in 57 BBY. He was 39 at the time of Episode 3 (which was 18 BBY) and since Ep. 4 takes place in 0 BBY/ABY, he'd be 57 at the time of the movie. Combine that with living as a hermit for 18 years and I can see him looking his age.

Besides, wasn't Alec Guiness in his 50s during this movie?
19 years BBY not 18... how can you quote a source and post after multiple people who have posted the correct info and still get it wrong?
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Zeppelin
07.06.2012 , 07:10 AM | #23
Your first mistake is trying to find continuity and logic between the prequels and the original. It's an exercise in futility.
Size matters not!

The first rule about Jar Jar is we don't talk about Jar Jar.