Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Running with Noobs

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nerdcommando
07.05.2012 , 08:37 AM | #1
Hello,

Heres a different experiance for all of you crying about people that dont know what their doing. Yesturday I ran my first HM with a 2nd tank who it was his as well. We also had a healer who never ran an ops before period. We were undergeared.

We did not wipe once. Did both KP and EV on HM with out a wipe.

How did this happen? We talked. All 8 of us talked and helped each other. For those of you crying about group finder...put a group together the old fashion way, get in voice chat and help each other.
Toodles
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy. - Steven Wright

Jazra
07.05.2012 , 09:11 AM | #2
Is this supposed to be helping in any way?
Cali Killed Nox
World Progression Raiding

Thrills - Operative Healer
Website Stream

ShawnFish
07.05.2012 , 09:45 AM | #3
Agreed.

I'm new to running Op's, I mostly PvP, but I do learn fast. That said, last night I queued up for Story Mode EV.

After a half hour it popped and there were 3 of us who had never done it before.
All it took was a few minutes extra time to explain the strategy of the boss fight mechanics, etc. We did die twice, once in the lava room and once on Soa - - but it was a great experience.

I told the 2 players helping out thanks quite a few times - - i really did appreciate the assistance -

So next time if someone comes along and has never done EV before, I'd be happy to help him/her out, because someone did it for me.

Oh yea, and we were communicating the old fashioned way, through operations text.
Alkalinex - - 50 Powertech
Rehab'Romance - - 50 Sorc
Rehab-Romance - - 27 Gunslinger
S'olstice - - 28 Operative

Ragico
07.05.2012 , 12:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jazra View Post
Is this supposed to be helping in any way?
More than your reply at least.

AllisonBerryman
07.05.2012 , 01:19 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Even when you do get a group together via the Group Finder (and not the "old-fashioned" way), communication is always going to help your group be successful. Now that the Group Finder is out, lots of players may be trying out Flashpoints or Operations that they haven't tried before.

If you've never done the content before, it helps to speak up! Let your group know with something as simple as, "Hey, I've never beaten this Flashpoint before - can someone explain the bosses/mechanics to me?" Generally, someone else in the group will be able to offer you a brief explanation. Letting people know that you've never been but are willing to pay attention and learn is always much better than making a mistake!

If you have done the content before, you can help by stepping up to explain. Some people may be afraid of how a group will react if they're new, so take the lead and help! If someone seems to be having trouble (or if they're doing something wrong) and you can offer tips, do it! Remember, everyone has to do something for the first time once, and it doesn't help to get upset with people right away - give people a chance and some explanation and encouragement.

Good communication is definitely a key to success, so speak up!

SithEBM
07.05.2012 , 01:46 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Even when you do get a group together via the Group Finder (and not the "old-fashioned" way), communication is always going to help your group be successful. Now that the Group Finder is out, lots of players may be trying out Flashpoints or Operations that they haven't tried before.

If you've never done the content before, it helps to speak up! Let your group know with something as simple as, "Hey, I've never beaten this Flashpoint before - can someone explain the bosses/mechanics to me?" Generally, someone else in the group will be able to offer you a brief explanation. Letting people know that you've never been but are willing to pay attention and learn is always much better than making a mistake!

If you have done the content before, you can help by stepping up to explain. Some people may be afraid of how a group will react if they're new, so take the lead and help! If someone seems to be having trouble (or if they're doing something wrong) and you can offer tips, do it! Remember, everyone has to do something for the first time once, and it doesn't help to get upset with people right away - give people a chance and some explanation and encouragement.

Good communication is definitely a key to success, so speak up!
I tried that. My entire group died in Cademimu on the last boss because no one would listen. (I solo'd the last boss).

I solod him when he had 50% health on my operative, oh... woops.... Is my operative alt going to get nerfed next patch now?

Fossman
07.05.2012 , 02:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Nerdcommando View Post
Hello,

Heres a different experiance for all of you crying about people that dont know what their doing. Yesturday I ran my first HM with a 2nd tank who it was his as well. We also had a healer who never ran an ops before period. We were undergeared.

We did not wipe once. Did both KP and EV on HM with out a wipe.

How did this happen? We talked. All 8 of us talked and helped each other. For those of you crying about group finder...put a group together the old fashion way, get in voice chat and help each other.
Toodles

Theres a big difference between newbs and noobs.

Freeborne
07.05.2012 , 02:39 PM | #8
I think its important to remember that LFG isn't cross server. So if you run with someone and its a positive experience, you should be sure to friend them. Then, invite them to future runs before you queue up next time to put the odds of another positive experiences in your favor.

The LFG tool isn't just there because you don't have an active friend's list.

It's also there to help you build a friend's list. : )
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

Borukk
07.05.2012 , 03:17 PM | #9
i also have had some great runs but last night i qued for ops and 1 of the tanks obviously had never been thru KP before. after wiping on the 4th boss the other tank tried to explain the fight to him nicely he just rage quit leaving the rest of us stranded with no off tank. after waiting for about 20 minutes and no replacement we all just called it

ADPowah
07.05.2012 , 03:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
I tried that. My entire group died in Cademimu on the last boss because no one would listen. (I solo'd the last boss).

I solod him when he had 50% health on my operative, oh... woops.... Is my operative alt going to get nerfed next patch now?
Since your alt is an operative, yes it will be nerfed, however it has nothing to do with you being able to solo any content.
What I want: 1) Dual spec for me and my comps 2) missions where I fight with all of my comps at once, we are a team 3) playable comp-only missions 4) Free flight PVE and PVP Space combat (i.e. X-Wing multiplayer) 5) Instanced areas that change based on our story, sand-box areas that are open.