Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Earn Rewards for Free Character Transfers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Earn Rewards for Free Character Transfers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GooseGrims
07.05.2012 , 11:29 AM | #51
if its all destination servers then why is my server Corellian Run which is a destination server not on the list, i went through the list twice and did not see it if i missed it then i apologize, are you not done updating the list or are select servers such as mine just SOL?
◄█||||||||()█╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

ScarletBlaze
07.05.2012 , 11:30 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Acorns_Malfurion View Post
Yo, what about those who've transferred already?

Hey everyone!

Just want to clear up any confusion - if your server is on the list of qualifying servers you will receive the pet and commendations even if you have already transferred those characters.

Here are the requirements to be eligible for the rewards:

1. You must have an active subscription.
2. Your character must be on a qualifying server by 11:59PM CDT July 30th, 2012 / 4:59AM GMT on July 31st, 2012.

Here is a link to the FAQ if you have any other concerns!

Thanks!
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

HenryRearden
07.05.2012 , 11:31 AM | #53
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but can we get an option for either BH comms or a scaled amount of ranked WZ comms? I really could not care less about BH comms...
Hen'ry Rearden - Sniper (The Fatman) * Hen'ry Rearden - Sage (The Bastion)
"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

MaximusRex
07.05.2012 , 11:39 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by amclu View Post
What if we are waiting on paid transfers? I am still on an origin server waiting for paid transfers to join my other characters on a server that was NOT my destination server. Am I going to miss out on this pet because I am waiting to pay to move instead of going to the free transfer server where I have no other toons or friends?

Would really like to be able to take advantage of this as well...
I would suggest that you take the free transfer now and then consolidate when the paid transfers come in, that way you get the reward and you still get to consolidate your characters later.

BioWare wants to empty these old servers as much as possible, then they will likely come up with some way to archive dormant accounts on those low pop origin servers and force everyone else off, and then they will close down those servers, and I would guess they would do this prior to paid transfers. Take the goodies and be patient, or you are just going to be upset when you don't get them and are force transferred to the destination server you are avoid anyhow.

MaximusRex
07.05.2012 , 11:40 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by GooseGrims View Post
if its all destination servers then why is my server Corellian Run which is a destination server not on the list, i went through the list twice and did not see it if i missed it then i apologize, are you not done updating the list or are select servers such as mine just SOL?
Make sure you are looking at the right list, the first two lists are Origin servers, the Qualified servers is the third list at the bottom of the page.

Jonoku
07.05.2012 , 11:42 AM | #56
Just like in 1.2 giving out a free month, they are trying to keep people subscribing that is all, lol.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

GooseGrims
07.05.2012 , 11:43 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
Make sure you are looking at the right list, the first two lists are Origin servers, the Qualified servers is the third list at the bottom of the page.
actually i did just look at the first list of NA servers and didnt scroll any further, ill go back and check now haha. its still early

edit: yes its there, i aplogize
◄█||||||||()█╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

celldoom
07.05.2012 , 11:45 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
[color=#f9d648]In appreciation for the community’s support of the Free Character Transfer service
Is it me or is this actually a direct move against Guild Wars 2? Because i know i won't have my account active at the day they do these rewards (unless 1.4 is magically patched into live servers).

AllisonBerryman
07.05.2012 , 11:47 AM | #59 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Thanks for the clarification. What if you are on an Origin server that for some reason is not listed as a qualifying server like Vornskr? Are you still eligible? I have just finished transferring my remaining toons and would love the reward.
Your destination server (The Harbinger) is on the qualifying list. You will receive rewards based on the destination

And, yes, those of you already on destination servers (those who were already there AND those who already transferred) also get the reward.

chimunga
07.05.2012 , 11:48 AM | #60
This is a damn good incentive to get people to jump ship on the sinking servers they were holding on to. Good idea, BW. And thanks.