Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question 2

Captain_Zone
07.03.2012 , 10:34 PM | #11
I have an 80mm Canon for ya. G-Canon is top tier. What happens in the movies is Law. No matter how stupidly written it is.

T-Canon is next in line, since George and George's family have a lot of input into TCW.

G and T comprise George's vision of Star Wars.

C and S comprise the vision of LL that goes beyond George's vision. Unfortunately, they must still comply with everything George says.

The Original Jedi Code? George didn't like it. It's gone. Wookiee Jedi? George didn't like it. No more Wookiee Jedi after Lowbacca. Vibroswords stopping lightsabers? George hated it. It's gone. The list goes on and on. Darth Ruin? He's GEORGE's first Sith Lord. Does that retcon Golden Age or the other Tales of the Jedi? Unknown at this time. Splinter group is my theory until such time as we have clarification.

And here's some "heresy" for you. There has been at least one instance where C-Canon has overridden G-Canon. Leland Chee himself has confirmed this.
. OPOD
Best Dark Side Points in the game: Bounty Hunter ROFLCURBSTOMPING that nobleman on Alderaan when he mouths off.

Wolfninjajedi
07.04.2012 , 07:53 AM | #12
No Eternal the movie novelizations are G-canon, theres several other people on here that will tell you that. The novels themselves are pretty much the movies, with very few differences in them like all novels that are based on movies. Why would the movie novelizations, that are based on the stories that GL wrote for each movie be C-canon?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Malrus
07.04.2012 , 10:02 AM | #13
Wookiepedia quote: Early scripts of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith had additional dialogue during Dooku's death scene, after his wrists had been sliced off. Some of the cut portions of this scene can be seen in the Episode III novel and the comic adaptation. Some of this dialogue was removed because Christopher Lee felt that it was out of character for Dooku to beg Sidious for his life, and George Lucas ended up agreeing with him.

This is what I was referring to. Are these early scripts G cannon. It says that they didn't add them because they decided it didn't fit with the Dooku character, but it also says that some of the dialogue was in the novel.

I'm assuming that the dialogue that says it in the book isn't G cannon since Lucas decided he didn't feel that it went with the Dooku character.

Captain_Zone
07.04.2012 , 10:10 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Malrus View Post
Wookiepedia quote: Early scripts of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith had additional dialogue during Dooku's death scene, after his wrists had been sliced off. Some of the cut portions of this scene can be seen in the Episode III novel and the comic adaptation. Some of this dialogue was removed because Christopher Lee felt that it was out of character for Dooku to beg Sidious for his life, and George Lucas ended up agreeing with him.

This is what I was referring to. Are these early scripts G cannon. It says that they didn't add them because they decided it didn't fit with the Dooku character, but it also says that some of the dialogue was in the novel.

I'm assuming that the dialogue that says it in the book isn't G cannon since Lucas decided he didn't feel that it went with the Dooku character.
As far as I know, the novelizations are still G-Canon, unless something contradicts what happens onscreen. Deleted scenes that contradict other scenes in the movie are no longer Canon, for example.
. OPOD
Best Dark Side Points in the game: Bounty Hunter ROFLCURBSTOMPING that nobleman on Alderaan when he mouths off.

Malrus
07.04.2012 , 09:17 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
As far as I know, the novelizations are still G-Canon, unless something contradicts what happens onscreen. Deleted scenes that contradict other scenes in the movie are no longer Canon, for example.
But surely if George doesn't like it it isn't counted as G-cannon

jarjarloves
07.05.2012 , 08:16 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Malrus View Post
But surely if George doesn't like it it isn't counted as G-cannon
scenes don't get cut because George doesn't like them. They can be cut for many different reasons like pacing, time constraints, or even special effects. Remember the original Jaba the Hutt scene in ANH was cut because they didn't have the time to do the special effects for Jaba and so all the information in that scene was put in the Greedo scene.

But now he has come back and added that scene back in.

There is a scene for A New Hope where Luke watches the battle between the Blockade Runner and the SD. He then goes inside and talks to his friends including Wedge. That scene was cut for pacing reasons but it's still canon.

For the most part there aren't that many cut scenes.

GymQuirk
07.05.2012 , 09:32 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
There is a scene for A New Hope where Luke watches the battle between the Blockade Runner and the SD. He then goes inside and talks to his friends including Wedge. That scene was cut for pacing reasons but it's still canon.
There is no such scene with Wedge.

The cut scene has Luke talking to Biggs before the latter goes off to his first assignment and subsequently defects to the Alliance..

Malrus
07.05.2012 , 11:17 AM | #18
scenes don't get cut because George doesn't like them. They can be cut for many different reasons like pacing, time constraints, or even special effects. Remember the original Jaba the Hutt scene in ANH was cut because they didn't have the time to do the special effects for Jaba and so all the information in that scene was put in the Greedo scene.

No, I said it was part of a script. What I am saying is they rewrote parts for the script but the parts that were cut from the script were in the novel. So technically the parts that were taken out of the script don't exist. So in my eyes it isn't even counted as cannon. I just thought it might be a mind boggler for some people.

Captain_Zone
07.05.2012 , 11:21 AM | #19

Biggs. Not Wedge.
. OPOD

jarjarloves
07.05.2012 , 08:24 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by GymQuirk View Post
There is no such scene with Wedge.

The cut scene has Luke talking to Biggs before the latter goes off to his first assignment and subsequently defects to the Alliance..
you know what i meant.

I mixed up one generic character for another.