Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augment Crafting

Rouncer
07.04.2012 , 10:19 AM | #1
I started up a brand new character after the patch. I made him a synthweaving slicer to play with the new system and I have to say that I am incredibly disappointed with how the system works with leveling.

I've been sending my companions out constantly on slicing missions and I haven't gotten a single low-level augment schematic. Meaning I have a ton of augment materials and not a single thing I could do with any of them besides throw them up on the GTN. Making the whole profession basically worthless from a crafting perspective. I've also been searching the GTN for the patterns and the only low level one I've come across was for a command 3 augment. I bought it even though it was way overpriced as the augments I could make from it are practically worthless for most players.

How about throwing us a bone and putting a single type of augment for each of the professions on the trainer? or at the very least drastically increasing the drop rate for the low level patterns.

The system makes a lot of sense for an endgame player but for someone leveling and trying to utilize their crafting while doing so the entire system seems like nothing more then an exercise in frustration. Hate to be pessimistic but this is really like so many other things associated with this game. Great intentions followed by a lackluster implementation that leaves at least some players feeling annoyed and frustrated. Why even have ranks for the stupid things when the patterns to make things to fill them are going to be so damn rare and hard to find?

EnzoForMe
07.04.2012 , 01:50 PM | #2
If there are any augment mats for low levels, I just haven't seen them in many slicing runs.

Sammm
07.04.2012 , 02:33 PM | #3
I guess you're unlucky. I keep getting augment schematics with the crew missions. I keep getting so many augment schematics from level 17 to 49. I even had to sell tons of duplicates to the droid vendor because I was too lazy to try selling them on the GTN.