Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best class-crew skill pairings?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Best class-crew skill pairings?

Benfea
07.03.2012 , 10:53 PM | #1
I admit I have limited experience, so I welcome the opinions of others on this.

I had a Sentinel character that I leveled up to the low 40s before abandoning it (long story), but I rather liked the combination of Cybertech with the Sentinel.

As a Sentinel, T7 was by far the most useful in combat (at least compared to Kira and the Doc... I didn't make it to any others). With cybertech, it's easier to keep T7 fully geared up. I imagine cybertech wouldn't be as useful at the endgame, but it's my understanding that this same problem exists for most crew skills anyway.

If you've tried the Sentinel-cybertech combination, do you agree?

Are there other class-crew skill combinations that work particularly well?
"It's great to be known, but it's even better to be known as strange."
-Takeshi Kaga

PolishRifle
07.04.2012 , 06:59 AM | #2
I did the Sentinel / Cybertech combination for leveling because it gave me the chance to keep my "orange" armor up to level in two areas (armor and mods). T7 was my main companion until Doc came into the picture then I abandoned T7. Up to that point it was nice to keep T7 up to level without buying upgrades. When I hit 50 I dropped cybertech for biochem because at the time it was just really useful for reusable stims/adrenals/medpacks in ops and PvP. With 1.3 changes cybertech can still be viable for a PvP character for grenades. For PvE I still think biochem is king.

Boozsha
07.04.2012 , 07:50 AM | #3
deleted info, must have have clicked on the wrong thread.

parmie
07.04.2012 , 08:29 AM | #4
There are some more obvious ones than others:

Smuggler/Trooper - Amormech
Knight/Consular - Synthweaver
Knight/Consular - Artifice
Smuggler/Trooper - Armstech

Cybtertech is generically useful to all classes for levelling and generically useless at end game for all classes.
Biochem useful both levelling and end game for all classes.

Theres still an arguement that slicing combined with gathering should generate credits for any class.

Mithros
07.04.2012 , 09:13 AM | #5
The classes are broken down into two basic categories for this purpose: Tech users and force users.

The crew skills are broken into three basic categories: Tech skills, force skills, and everyone skills.

Tech classes benefit (most) from tech skills, force classes benefit (most) from force skills, and everyone benefits from everyone skills.

Tech skills: Armormech, armstech

Force skills: Artifice, synthweaving

Everyone skills: Biochem, cybertech

Now there is still some wiggle room there, but as a rule, force classes should avoid tech skills and tech classes should avoid force skills.

That's pretty much all that I look at.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.