Terrible FPS issues and ability lag in Warzones.

zStyLezZxx

they probably have no idea what it is and don't want to get your hopes up.

Or maybe there are not as many people affected and they rather spent their resources elsewhere.

either way, I wouldn't hope for a fix soon...

Well, starting the 20th, they have 30 days to fix these warzone bugs before they lose there whole PvP population

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive noticed the same thing, it seems to be the worst on the map where the 3 guns are targeting the 2 ships in orbit....

There are 2 solutions to this.

A.

Put in an option so i can turn off the video/audio of the stupid guns shooting at the ships in orbit. I'm sure it adds a cool effect for people running top of the line computers, but for the 99% of us, it is just sucking system resources.

B. If you absolutely have to have them, change them to ion cannons that shoot every 30 seconds or so.

I favor playability over looks and something has to change.

ive noticed the same thing, it seems to be the worst on the map where the 3 guns are targeting the 2 ships in orbit....

A.

Put in an option so i can turn off the video/audio of the stupid guns shooting at the ships in orbit. I'm sure it adds a cool effect for people running top of the line computers, but for the 99% of us, it is just sucking system resources.

B. If you absolutely have to have them, change them to ion cannons that shoot every 30 seconds or so.

Probably the most intellegent thing said on this topic ^

this threads needs to be stickied. I literally have 60 fps every where in the game including a massive 50 v 50 fight on Tatooine and i go into any warzone and BAM im under 20 fps. I have a 3.2ghz cpu, 8gb ram and nvidia 570 vid card. There is no reason i should ever get that low fps especially since i turned the settings to low for everything.

Everyone reading this thread submit a bug report please.

Well, starting the 20th, they have 30 days to fix these warzone bugs before they lose there whole PvP population

I doubt any decent pvpers will stick around regardless of the lagg. There is no such thing here as pre-mades, rated bgs/arenas, gear restrictions, open world pvp objectives/rewards. siege battles or anything of the sort.

Most importantly, theres nothing to strive for. Its impossible to have a good PVP environment in a place where everything is handed out for free (even the titles are general quest rewards for christ sake).

I doubt any decent pvpers will stick around regardless of the lagg. There is no such thing here as pre-mades, rated bgs/arenas, gear restrictions, open world pvp objectives/rewards. siege battles or anything of the sort.

Most importantly, theres nothing to strive for. Its impossible to have a good PVP environment in a place where everything is handed out for free (even the titles are general quest rewards for christ sake).

Yeah, this bothers me. Bothers me so much that I haven't even logged in the last 2 days. Trying to figure out what I'm going to do. It seems that PvP in this game was set up to provide casuals with a "pvp experience" and to provide that they took away or didn't give many of the rewards or goals that I and many others are used to striving towards.

I guess this makes me an "elitist" or something, maybe I am... but the only people I see that seem really excited about SW:ToR PvP are casuals and bads. Hell, I even got into an argument with someone in general chat because I asked when macros would be available. I can't imagine not having access to them for even simple things like targeting and modifier focus abilities... but he and the rest of general though that "clicking" would be acceptable. =\

+1

I am having the same issues in PVP, my ping seems fine at 180 which is good for Australia, but I drop from 30 FPS to 16, and then I have to mash my buttons for anything to happen, instant moves can take up to 10seconds to activate which is very frustrating.

My speccs are not amazing, but compared to the minimum I should be playing with amazing performance at literal baare minimum graphic settings. the rest of the game runs fairly smooth, but PVP is just awful. Honestly things like this should havebeen already dealt with. Plesae Bioware fix this

most people don't have any issues... personally I don't know anybody else who suffers from the lag as much as I do. And all the streams I followed have butter smooth gameplay in PvP.

I think this is a very specific issue unfortunately and that might mean we are not going to see a fix :-(

My computer is decent. not top notch by any means. I can run wow on high settings on a full server with 45-60 FPS and a battle ground with consistent 60 fps. That being said i can do a warzone on low settings with grass detail at 0% no shadows etc etc etc and still get a max of 35 FPS WHEN IM ALONE NOT FIGHTING. when i get into a fight it drops oto roughly 13-20 and my ping will be at 23. (latency that is). I dont know what the problem is with servers, but i hope they clean up the choppy pvp play so that i can land a slow on someone before they disappear and reappear 30m away from me.... oh and melee blows at low levels. =) i hope end game has more instore for us. LOL

A.

Its a good idea but not the solution, as I posted in the sticky at the top, in Alderaan my graphics card is only being used 15%, where in huttball and voidstar its 30% and in the world its 40 - 50%.

Edited by rentonso

i dont got this issue, and im not running on a very high-end system aswell.

i run on:

i7-920 # 2,6ghz

gtx560-TI

4gb ram

so nothing al to fancy, and i got like 50+ fps everywhere, and in warzones 30+, which i think i good

(with everything on the best graphics possible)

Edited by PoeNaNi

I know how you feel Op. I myself am enjoying the pve part of the game, but everyone get burn doing the same thing over and over again. It would be nice to be able to pvp without this *********** LAG in warzones.

Bio made a good game, but they spend to much on story and voice acting they forgot to make sure the other 85% of the game works. :)

i dont got this issue, and im not running on a very high-end system aswell.

i run on:

i7-920 # 2,6ghz

gtx560-TI

4gb ram

so nothing al to fancy, and i got like 50+ fps everywhere, and in warzones 30+, which i think i good

(with everything on the best graphics possible)

Thanks for posting your specs.

Could everyone that runs warzones fine post your specs too? Might help us find a cause.

Guys just a suggestion - try creating a character and playing on another server to test if there is a difference in lag. I created a new character on another server and so far I can run MAX graphics, when previously I was on low. I think the problem is definitely server and/or location related.